Scheduled dVH/RALH Bowel prep today. Ugh. - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bowel prep today.  Ugh. Bowel prep today. Ugh.

Unread 02-24-2011, 04:23 PM
Re: Bowel prep today. Ugh.

Ugh...I hate Gatorade and I'm not sure I'd even be able to choke it down. I go Monday for my pre op and I'm curious to know what the bowel prep will be, if any. I'm working the day before, so it will have to be something I can do that evening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2011, 04:27 PM

Oh wow. Yeah, I don't have the golightly. I'm glad. My MIL had it when she had a colonoscopy and it wasn't a fun experience for her.

This really hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. I'm going pretty close to clear now and I'm feeling good. No cramping or nausea. Just when I have to go, I have to go NOW. LOL And my bathroom trips are spreading out. It was every 5-10 minutes for several hours, but now I'm down to every 30 or so.

I am on a clear liquid diet all day and no food or drink at all after midnight tonight. And you know what? I'M STARVING!! LOL

A bit of a funny: I made some fresh bread for post-surgery (fresh ground whole multi-grain=lots of fiber!). I sliced a piece off for my mom to eat while it was nice and hot. A small piece broke off and I just popped it in my mouth. I caught myself before I swallowed and managed to spit it out into the sink. Rinsed my mouth and all that. I was laughing so hard. I don't know that one tiny piece of bread crust would have ruined the surgery, but I sure didn't want to risk it!!
Unread 02-24-2011, 04:29 PM

MelMont--I hate Gatorade, too. But the nurse recommended I try the blue one. It really wasn't horrible. I was pleasantly surprised.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2011, 04:57 PM

Really hoping I don't have to do the bowel prep. I absolutely have to work the day before surgery.
Unread 02-24-2011, 05:34 PM

I do not have mine until April 28th and I must say I did not know about this bowl prep thing.......ya not making me any happier about this decision! I hope I am the exception to the rule and wont have to do that part. I know I know I am dreaming but hey if I cant dream what can I do lol
Unread 02-24-2011, 06:00 PM

The "no orange red or purple" is a standard thing for colonoscopies so the linings aren't tinted any colors - just the color they are naturally. Red dyes could make it look like something is wrong in there when it isn't. I am of the opinion that that requirement was not necessary for this surgery. Has nothing to do with the color of the poop!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register