Can't get any weight to come off, 2 years post hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > Hysteritaville General Discussions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Can't get any weight to come off, 2 years post hysterectomy Can't get any weight to come off, 2 years post hysterectomy

Unread 10-14-2020, 12:54 PM
Can't get any weight to come off, 2 years post hysterectomy

Hi Sisters! I haven't been on here in quite some time, but just as I was thinking of looking for some others input on weight gain/loss, this popped up! I had gained some weight before my total hysterectomy, mostly due to pain and wasn't able to give my all during my workouts. I haven't gained much since my surgery in Dec 2018 (about 3-5lbs), but for the life of me cannot get ANY to come off. I even hired a personal trainer and nothing. I now have menopause belly and I my muscles are replaced with flab even though I continue to strength train and alternate between BARR and yoga. I quit HRT about 3 months ago and I actually feel better after weaning myself off. It seems my menopause symptoms are mostly behind me (knock on wood). I'm 41, so I should still have some metabolism left, any advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2020, 03:26 PM
Re: Can't get any weight to come off

So that you can get input from other post-op members who share your concerns, your reply from a thread in the Pre-Op forum has been split off to create this new thread here in our Hysteritaville General Discussions forum.

Hopefully someone will be along soon to share tips and suggestions with you!

Unread 10-14-2020, 05:49 PM

Are you looking to lose 3-5 lbs or tone?

Your trainer probably mentioned 2 things:

-muscles weight more than fat
- weight management is 20% exercise and 80% nutrition

Did you discuss a nutrition plan with your trainer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2020, 04:40 AM
Can't get any weight to come off, 2 years post hysterectomy

I'd like to offer a few tips for the 80% nutrition part. My first recommendation is to keep a food diary, and be sure to include all those BLTs - bites, licks, and tastes. Portion control can also help, which means filling half your plate with non-starchy vegetables, the remainder with a serving of carbs about the size of your cupped hand, and a palm-sized serving of protein. And speaking of carbs, my next recommendation is to be smart about what types you're consuming: high-glycemic carbs from white potatoes, candies, sugary drinks, sugary spreads like jam or honey, refined grain products, and most packaged breakfast, snack or dessert foods cause your blood sugar levels to spike, to which your pancreas responds by pumping out insulin, causing those calories to be stored as belly fat; low-glycemic carbs from most fruits and vegetables, legumes, and whole grains, combined with moderate servings of protein and healthy fat, can help to prevent this by encouraging a more slow, steady rise in blood sugar levels. Cooking and cooling high-carb foods creates resistant starch, which is more likely to be eliminated in your poop than stored as fat; drinking 1 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar in a shot glass of warm water prior to every meal can also help to lower the glycemic load. Another tip tip to target belly fat is to include regularly moderate servings of MUFAs, monounsaturated fatty acids from avocados, nuts and seeds, and unrefined olive oil, which can help by assuring your body that it's okay to let go of its fat stores, particularly around the belly. Best wishes for a successful weight loss!
Unread 10-30-2020, 02:57 PM

Calorie deficit and exercise...the only thing that will work.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register