Hi from Arvada, CO | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Neighborhoods > HysterSisters in the United States of America > Colorado

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hi from Arvada, CO Hi from Arvada, CO

Unread 08-21-2002, 06:27 PM
Smile - Hi from Arvada, CO Hi from Arvada, CO

Hi fellow Coloradans!
I posted a few hours ago and do not know where the heck it went! So here I go again. I am scheduled to have a TAH/BSO on Oct. 2 at St. Joseph's. I am also having a Cystocele and Rectocele repair. I struggled (and still am) about whether to take the ovaries or not. I am 46 going on 47 and the Dr. recommends it. Since I have researched my brains out and found out how often the ovaries fail after getting the uterus out, I pretty much have made my mind up to take them out. I have been going CRAZY for the last few weeks. The biggest part of my anxiety is not getting enough info from my Uro-gynecologist. First a year ago she says I need a Hysterectomy (keeping the uterus). I finally accepted that and for a year wore a pessary (OY). Well now I am having the surgery and all of a sudden she says to take the ovaries out. I did a ton of research and now I am freaking out about all the HRT stuff. I went in to see the Uro-Gyn and we sat down and said that yes, in fact my uterine prolapse and cystocele have gotten worse in the last year. So she sets me up for Uro-dynamic testing (bladder) and then the nurse practioner who did the tests said the Dr. would call me. Well she never called and so I did. The receptionist said "Oh no, the Dr. wasnt going to call...she will discuss all the results at your pre-op appt. on Spet. 12th. (that date being a full month after the testing). In the meantime after researching, I have about 40 written questions that are driving me crazy that i cannot have answered until that date. THAT ...combined with the money business of the Dr. who will do the surgery for the Rectocele in tandem with the Uro-gyn...and getting them to coordinate is making me a wreck. I FINALLY got the definite date of Oct. 2 today. The Uro-Gyn will be out of town for 3 weeks in Sept. and the Colo-Rectal Dr. (rectocele) will be leaving on Oct. 2, so the Uro-gynec. will be doing my post surgery stuff for the rectocele. I assume she knows how. I am driving myself up a wall not knowing any of her methods on anything. By the way her name is Dr. <> and the Colo-rectal one is Dr. <>. Both of them are very very competent,, but boy....no one really gives a %^&*( about the psyche of the patient. I could really use some Colorado ladies support right about now. Basically my whole life seems wrapped up in this surgery and all my frustrations. I do not see how they can expect a person to wait so long without answers. The unknowns are a killer. I read so much that it probably made it worse, even though I need to educate myself. I dont even know what her plan for HRT would be. (and that freaks me out, plenty). SO you guys....please help... cos I am really a wreck. Thanks for being there.
Sue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2014, 09:52 AM
Re: Hi from Arvada, CO

Hello -- I just had this surgery and I found Dr. <> to be wonderful in every possible way.

While I am not trying to take anything away from this previous poster -- I just wanted everyone from Colorado to know that I would recommend Dr. <> in a heartbeat.

She was professional, very attentive to all of my questions and concerns, recommended at every turn by my gynecologist and physical therapist, her office staff was top notch and every nurse that I came in contact with at the hospital prior to and after surgery had only the very best things to say about her abilities.

I am 2 weeks post op and I have the utmost faith that my life is going to be better than ever because of Dr. <>.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register