Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 27-Feb 02,2020 - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 27-Feb 02,2020 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 27-Feb 02,2020

Unread 02-06-2020, 10:39 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 27-Feb 02,2020

Subcervical abdominal hysterectomy w removal of fallopian tubes jan 31st. Lots of scarring from prior c sections and there was damage to bladder that was repaired during surgery. 3 hour operation and came home with a catheter and quite a large incision. External pain manageable w pain meds. Sore internally and have had bouts of diarrhea and gas pretty bad. Catheter making me crazy. . Uterus weighed 900 grams no cancer . First I've not been bleeding for MONTHS yay! So hoping this healing process gets a bit better too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2020, 03:03 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 27-Feb 02,2020

Day 6: not sure why. I feel extra tired today and alittle more "crampy" than usual. I felt like ive been doing good. Today seems like I woke up on the wrong side of recovery. Thought I've been doing everything right. Eating, resting etc. But today I feel kinda icky. Wondering if anyone else is feeling this way at this point. Glad this site is available or id be calling the Dr for every little "is this normal" question. Hugs to all going thru this rollercoaster ride.
Unread 02-06-2020, 05:57 PM

Kariberries1,

I have had a few days where I felt like I went backwards too. When this happens, I remind myself of the first few days and how far I’ve come.

I am on Day 9 post op and am sore, but in a pretty good place. My biggest challenge right now is waking up in the middle of the night and having a hard time going back to sleep. Last night I took melatonin and that seemed to help. Today I had my first outing. My mom drove me to a craft store to get some things I needed. I was moving slowly and cramped a bit. I was out for one hour and when I got home went straight back to my bed. It tired me out, but felt good to be out of the house.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2020, 07:20 PM

ladies & Kristiewithak,

Glad to have you join us. Sorry to hear about the nick of the bladder and the catheter. Have had several sisters have this issue. I think the scar tissue makes the surgery harder. Will pray that you heal well and can get rid of the cath as soon as possible. Glad you dodged the C bullet. Have you tried GasX? I had some diarrhea but it was so much better than constipation that I didn’t mind. As soon as I stopped taking stool softeners the constipation came back. It just seems like it is hard to regulate these issues after this surgery.

Yes, Kerrie this is a so you might just as well get used to it. One day at a time and do what ever your body Is telling you. Rest when you need.

JJN, hope you got some good supplies so you can do a quiet craft and let your body heal. So nice your mom was able to take you. What are you making?

FYI to all. One of the Main issues that most have during this recovery is fatigue. It just seems to take a lot of energy to heal. So please listen and rest as much as you need. Along with &

Sister Hugs,
Anndy
Unread 02-06-2020, 07:45 PM

Anndy,

My daughter is an dancer and one of her ballet costumes calls for red ballet shoes. I was buying the paint for those. I wish it was something a little more exciting than painting shoes.
Unread 02-06-2020, 08:27 PM

Well atleast it is a quiet activity, which is the order of the day and you have time to do it! Enjoy.

Hugs,
Anndy
Unread 02-06-2020, 11:16 PM

Ok day 6 in the bag, who else is taking Oxycodone/Acetaminophen? Is it making it hard for you to eat?

I have had nausea problems, mostly with sweet things but not only, since surgery. I’m fairly certain it’s the painkillers, so I’m taking them as minimally as possible. Today was the worst though. I was queasy all day after eating lunch no matter what I did, the only time I am not is when laying in bed in a particular position, what is up with that?

Oh, and to add to the not so great day...I grabbed and lifted a 37lb child out of the way of something hot this evening....worst possible time for my autopilot to flip on! My mother seems to think I’m probably alright since I’m not in excruciating pain but “don’t do that again!”
Unread 02-06-2020, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristiewithak View Post
Subcervical abdominal hysterectomy w removal of fallopian tubes jan 31st. Lots of scarring from prior c sections and there was damage to bladder that was repaired during surgery. 3 hour operation and came home with a catheter and quite a large incision. External pain manageable w pain meds. Sore internally and have had bouts of diarrhea and gas pretty bad. Catheter making me crazy. . Uterus weighed 900 grams no cancer . First I've not been bleeding for MONTHS yay! So hoping this healing process gets a bit better too.
Omg my catheter is driving me crazy now too! I had my surgery on 1/30 (TAH w large incision too, treatment for cervical cancer) and my catheter is so very sore ~ right now I would actually say it’s causing more pain than my incision. Lol sounds kinda silly when I think about it, but ya, it’s definitely outstayed its welcome! Oddly enough the catheter hurts less when I’m up and not lying down. But then the incision hurts after awhile & I’m back again where I started XD.

I’m very happy to hear about the no cancer news for you !! I have my post op tomorrow to hear the word about my margins. Everyone seems very positive about it so crossing our fingers!
Take care & I hope your recovery gets better & better
Unread 02-07-2020, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory1 View Post
Omg my catheter is driving me crazy now too! I had my surgery on 1/30 (TAH w large incision too, treatment for cervical cancer) and my catheter is so very sore ~ right now I would actually say it’s causing more pain than my incision. Lol sounds kinda silly when I think about it, but ya, it’s definitely outstayed its welcome! Oddly enough the catheter hurts less when I’m up and not lying down. But then the incision hurts after awhile & I’m back again where I started XD.

I’m very happy to hear about the no cancer news for you !! I have my post op tomorrow to hear the word about my margins. Everyone seems very positive about it so crossing our fingers!
Take care & I hope your recovery gets better & better
Lol it does not seem silly at all because I feel the same. it is making me uncomfortably sore and its awkward and mine seems to not want to drain right so I also feel better standing but then the incision pain kicks in. Lesser of two evils I suppose. I go back for a second visit Wednesday to remove remaining staples and he said I can remove cath then as well..I am counting down the days....I am super relieved about the pathology coming back all clear. With the size and issues I was having I was concerned. I am glad everything sounds promising for your post op tomorrow!!! I will keep my fingers crossed for you as well and all positive thoughts your way!
Unread 02-07-2020, 06:05 AM

Day 9:

Kari, my days have felt rollarcoasterish too, even when I felt I was doing everything right. My dr says this healing process is 2 steps forward and 1 step back. Yesterday I rested all day, but today I feel like I pulled a muscle.

Csikes, I was taking those same pain meds and they made me sick too so I quit them day 5. I lost 7 lbs my first week out of surgery and I think those meds are why.

Today I am supposed to be inducted as a President of a state wide organization at a location close to my house so of course my mind is saying "why don't you just go," but it's a 4 hour meeting and God forbid if I were to slip on the snow or ice, what a terrible set back I could have. This is just mentally hard to pause life. Constantly fighting your instincts like moving a child away from something hot, which was mentioned earlier or bending down to pick something up, which may be what I did wrong yesterday causing this pulled muscle feeling.

You are all incredible, love hearing from you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register