2 Years After Complete Hysterectomy- pains in Abdomen before BM | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 Years After Complete Hysterectomy- pains in Abdomen before BM 2 Years After Complete Hysterectomy- pains in Abdomen before BM

Unread 05-12-2021, 01:22 AM
2 Years After Complete Hysterectomy- pains in Abdomen before BM

It has been two years since my hysterectomy, I had a complete hysterectomy but kept my ovaries, and it was done laparoscopically, I had some large fibroids that were growing through my uterus and interfering with my bladder. In a follow up with my surgeon she told me that my uterus, fallopian tubes, ovaries, etc. were covered with a fine webbing of scar tissue but it was not endometriosis. She said I might have had a pelvic infection at one time in my life that caused this, and this was probably why I never conceived. She said she cleaned up a lot of the scar tissue and said my uterus was also stuck to my colon. I had a great deal of pain and recovery and had. 5 month medical leave.

Ever since then I have had pain and discomfort in my pelvis before having a bowel movement. Once I have a BM, the discomfort is over, it’s like having bad gas pains. The discomfort has been growing greater over the past few months and sometimes sex is uncomfortable in certain positions. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

I talked to my surgeon last year about it and she said the only thing they could do was to put me under general anesthesia and scope and take a look, something I am not all that interested in doing and of course we have the pandemic. I’m trying some IBS food modifications but the increased fiber seems to make it worse although I am more regular now. Also last year my doctor put me on a very low dose of Premarin cream, .5 g Thank you for any thoughts and advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2021, 03:59 AM
2 Years After Complete Hysterectomy- pains in Abdomen before BM

If you're trying IBS dietary modifications, then I recommend the Low FODMAPs diet, which directly targets IBS symptoms by identifying and eliminating foods high in fermentable carbohydrates, which are also hard to digest, and are the biggest culprits in symptoms like what you've reported. Beyond that, the most common cause of BM pain is insufficient water intake, so make sure that you're drinking enough so that your urine is clear or pale yellow. Soluble fiber from bananas, sweet potatoes, oatmeal, and psyllium or chia seeds works with water to hydrate and soften your stools to enable pain-free passage. Squatting while you're on the throne, with your feet elevated on a small footstool, can help by properly aligning your rectum so the poop can pass through more smoothly. Best wishes for tackling this soon, and for your continued health!
Unread 05-12-2021, 06:14 AM
Re: 2 Years After Complete Hysterectomy- pains in Abdomen before BM

I'm wondering if these are early symptoms of a rectocele, a prolapse of the rectum into the vaginal wall? A regular pelvic exam would reveal whether this might be happening, and you don't need to be put under for that. If your surgeon is suggesting general anesthesia, then she's wanting to check your colon and that would be the way to see what's going on.

The pandemic hasn't stopped exams nor surgery for things which aren't right in our health. I still went to my annual pelvic exam in July 2020, and more recently went to urgent care and underwent abdominal surgery (March 2021). I feel more protected from the pandemic in a doctor's office, urgent care and both the ER and OR of a hospital than I do in Walmart .

I'd suggest getting the condition diagnosed. If it is some kind of prolapse, catching it now may allow you to manage it for years without needing surgical intervention. Opting to wait may worsen the condition and send you down the path of surgery sooner than later.

Keep us updated.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register