Upcoming hysterectomy 4/23: Second Guessing | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 4/23: Second Guessing Upcoming hysterectomy 4/23: Second Guessing

Unread 04-20-2021, 07:51 AM
Upcoming hysterectomy 4/23: Second Guessing

I have been dealing with fibroids and fallout for about 18 months or so. Initially thinking perimenopause. When I started bleeding and clotting in mass amounts and long lengths I went for more testing. Landed in the ER and we set the date. I am 3 days pre-op and just yesterday starting feeling great! No pain. Maybe it’s in part due to the Impact drinks and pre-surgery regiment, maybe not.

I feel like it’s a cruel trick. If I cancel the surgery, I will be out of health insurance at the end of May and then have to wait a long time. Possibly suffer because we all know those fibroids haven’t gone away. It’s my first surgery and I have anxiety so I know that’s more likely the issues at play...it would just be easier if I kept feeling awful.

Today I am going to pick up my pillow form and make myself a hysterectomy pocket pillow for after care. Maybe that shift in focus will help.

Thanks for reading...listening...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2021, 08:11 AM
Re: Second Guessing

a lot of people have anxiety pre-surgery and question if they're doing the right thing. as long as you did all your research (and maybe got second opinion) know exactly what is being removed (are you keeping your ovaries and/or cervix) etc, making an informed decision is the best decision.
Unread 04-20-2021, 04:28 PM

Hi abbyalana,

Just checking in to see how you are doing today. - nerves any better later in the day?

I too had huge fibroids that instead of shrinking - just kept growing.

Dressedupinblue is right - as long as you are confident in your doctor and your need for surgery - it’s ok to still be nervous. I’m hoping you got a second opinion too.

The prospect of surgery is scary. But you’re in the home stretch.

Hang in there and let us know how you are doing.

Good luck ❤️
Unread 04-20-2021, 04:46 PM

Check out this article

First Surgery - Hysterectomy
Unread 04-20-2021, 06:52 PM

Thank you all - I am feeling a little better with the nerves. As the day has worn on the pain has been there - low level, but there. I got my covid test for surgery and am continuing to move forward. I do not want to deal with another 18 months + of this and I know the fibroids are not going anywhere. I have one myoma (not sure if I got the term right) that's particularly painful and it's in wall near the bladder area. Anyways, three doctors have said hysterectomy so it will be. The lack of bleeding and pain after so long does make wonder though! Our bodies sure are mysterious.
Unread 04-20-2021, 07:11 PM

Hi Abbyalana

Glad to hear you are doing a little better. Just try to keep busy balancing busy errands and must -do’s preparing for surgery, with quiet activities you enjoy.

And yes - our bodies are mysterious! Mine just likes to mess with me

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register