cry for help. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

cry for help. cry for help.

Unread 10-04-2005, 04:51 PM
cry for help.

hey, i'm new to this site but i must say this place is a welcome change. until now i have had no one to go to with all of my questions. i'm too embarraced to talk about these things with my friends, but i'm getting really scared!
i'm 25 years old, with a husband who is very supportive, and a complex history of what i term "little girl" problems. it began when i was about fourtteen. i had never had "normal" periods -- six months of nothing then a week of light to moderate bleeding. but one day, i realized that i had been bleeding for two weeks, i just figured that it was only normal concidering i went so long between cycles. then two weeks turned into three months, and i knew something was wrong.
i went to my first gynocologist exam -- fun fun fun am i right girls! anyway, he opted for an external sonogram, then an internal -- ouch!!! he claimed he could see a cyst on my right ovary, and put me on birth controll, which stopped the bleeding and cured the cyst.
we fast-forward about five years.
i took myself off the pill, because i don't like taking meds, and then got another non-stop peridod. my new doctor said there was no cyst, but said if the pill stopped the bleeding last time, then we'd go for round two. (picking up on a theam?)
these days the only periods i get last for three to six months, i've been to doctors and e.r.'s alike, and they've all told me "nothing is showing up on the ultra sound, dear. you're perfectly healthy according to it."
well the ultra sound is wrong, and my newest doctor will at least agree with me there.
my bleeding no longer responds to birthcontroll -- which i pop about five times a day -- also, i have been passing clots the size of kiwi fruit, and it isn't the usual jelly-like kind either. these monsters are the texture and cosistancy of meat, like steak. and pushing them out takes all night -- kudos to the hubby for being there for me.
at first when i saw the thing i thought i had misscarried, but my doctor, along with two different hostpitles all assured me it was not. now the latest thing my doc is saying is "endometriosis" which near as i can tell is just a big word for "this is gonna hurt a lot and we're gonna charge you ANOTHER arm and leg to fix it!"
is there anyone out there who recognizes my symptoms and can offer me the oppinion of first hand experiance?
i'm really terrified, please send word.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2005, 05:28 PM
cry for help.

Hi Lady Jaye, I am glad that you found us, I don't have any info for you, but I am sure a sister will be along soon that can help you. Be sure and checkout the RESOURCES there is alot of info there. You have come to the right place for support. I am sending Carol
Unread 10-04-2005, 08:11 PM
cry for help.

thank you carol, it means a lot to know that someone cares enough to reply!
hugs to you as well!
l.j.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2005, 11:14 PM
cry for help.

Lady Jaye,
How was the diagnosis of endometriosis given? Did you have a laproscopic test? I was diagnosed with endo way before my hyst. after laproscopic surgery. I had many of the same symptoms that you are explaining. Do you have a good gyn you trust??? It would seem you really need to find someone to help you with this before it gets worse. I went from doctor to doctor getting different messages until I finally found a great, caring doctor who listenened to me and did the appropriate test. Then, she explained my options and the pros and cons of each. It would seem this might be the step you need to take. I really wish I would have searched sooner for a true diagnosis and then I could have educated myself sooner as compared to later. Please feel free to PM me if you need a shoulder. Hang in There. I'm glad you found this web site. There are plenty of caring sisters here who have been down that road also and are quick to offer hugs when you need them. The best thing I could tell you is to go and find a doctor that you feel comfortable with and get to the bottom of all this. Talk to your friends, ask around....and try to find a doctor that will be willing to help you navigate through this. Hugs of understanding to you. Keep us posted please.
Unread 10-05-2005, 02:28 PM
cry for help.

Hi Lady Jaye! I was reading your post and when I got to the part where you said: now the latest thing my doc is saying is "endometriosis" which near as i can tell is just a big word for "this is gonna hurt a lot and we're gonna charge you ANOTHER arm and leg to fix it!"
I thought to myself, "I don't believe I've ever heard a better description of endometriosis. Except, change the fix it to pretend to fix it."

Oh, boy. You've had a rough time with womanhood. I have my own problems, but I haven't suffered as consistently as you have with the whole blood clots issue. I hate those things!!

I have no answers for you, other than to agree with blondgrl about finding a doctor that you're comfy with who is willing to listen and help you.

Endo is a terrible thing and I don't wish it on anyone, so hang in there and fight it 'til you win girl!! Do lots of research, find a great doc and keep your chin up!

The best thing you could do is keep a record of the clots and their sizes. Compare them to things, like you've done already, and keep a tab on their changes. This may help with a diagnosis. Also, make a pain map/list of pain occurances. It's good for showing doctors you're serious and you know what you're talking about.

Good luck!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register