No clear diagnosis, not sure what to do! Advice, please! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

No clear diagnosis, not sure what to do!  Advice, please! No clear diagnosis, not sure what to do! Advice, please!

Unread 12-31-2010, 03:13 PM
Re: No clear diagnosis, not sure what to do! Advice, please!

(((mzcongeniality)))

I am so sorry to hear about your mom.

I hope you can talk to your doctor about the situation and see if there are some sort term options you could consider until your mom is better and/or you can make arrangements for your baby's care.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2011, 07:38 AM

I actually have a doc appointment on Monday and I really hope he will be able to help me in the interim while I get my child care needs in order and see that Mom is taken care of.

Thank you for the hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 01-26-2011, 08:12 PM

Just an update---Mom is doing well and I signed the consent for hysterectomy and dermoid cyst removal the other day. They will be calling me back for my surgery date which will be in March. I am very much NOT looking forward to the surgeries but VERY much hoping they will help me not be in so much pain!

I have been on a double dose of birth control since the beginning of the month to help stop the bleeding (which it has) but they do nada for the pain.

To add insult to injury to my crazy life, a few weeks ago a guy crossed the double yellow and hit my car head on, totaling it. I managed to walk away with no scratches thanks to my airbags but now my neck and back are pretty messed up. It has been quite a year for me!!!

I am thankful for this site, though and will continue to post when I have my surgery and during my recovery.
Unread 01-27-2011, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzcongeniality View Post
So, I had my 3rd appointment with the doc today with what was suspected adenomyosis. I had ultrasound done, biopsy and then a pelvic MRI with contrast. I am in severe pain nonstop, my lower back and legs and am now bleeding for 15 days a month.

Today the pelvic MRI results showed I needed a surgery but not a hysterectomy as there was no clear diagnosis of anything wrong with my uterus. I need a repeat of dermoid cyst removal on my ovaries which I had done back in 1998. I had a laparotomy because they were very large and the test is showing I have another on my right side that is also very large.

The Doc gave me birth control pills and told me to take them twice a day to see if they will at the very least stop the bleeding and to come back in another 10 days. He then asked me what I wanted to do. I didn't know how to answer! I need this pain to stop and now I am just utterly confused. I need to have surgery for the cysts asap but will need to let him know if I want the hysterectomy as well.

I'm 36 and have 1 child (toddler) and wasn't sure if I wanted more children in the future or not. Now is not an option for me as I am single.

Anyone else out there that didn't have a concrete diagnosis and what did you do?
Unfortunately it is impossible to diagnose adenomyosis without examining the uterus under the microscope. Sometimes a biopsy of the uterus works, but usually this only happens after the hysterectomy. I had a diagnosis from my doctor of possible adenomyosis. It was a relief when the pathology report confirmed it.

Are you seeing a family doctor or obgyn? Most obgyns would suggest other treatments first, such as ablation or heavy duty hormone therapy.
Unread 01-27-2011, 07:24 PM

I've been on double doses of birth control for some months now from my OBGYN. It helps the bleeding somewhat but does nothing for the pain. He tells me this is just a temporary fix, though.

I'm also under the impression that ablation does nothing for this condition so I am unsure how that would help me.

I am already facing surgery due to the cysts all over my ovaries and I have to have that done quickly as they are growing large so I think it is probably best to try to solve it all at once.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register