Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 08-Feb 14,2021 - Page 40 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 08-Feb 14,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 08-Feb 14,2021

Unread 04-07-2021, 06:59 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 08-Feb 14,2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay10cee View Post
Today will be my second day returning to work, 8 week post op.. I had breakdown early in the morning because I could not button my slacks. Should my stomach still be swollen? I ended up purchasing elastic waist pants as they are more comfortable. I feel like I should be recovered now as my Dr says it's a process. Dr still has me on restrictions no strenuous exercise keep to walking, no repetitive bending, and definitely no lifting..
I definitely still have swelly belly which gets larger when I do a lot of activity. I also bought some elastic pants, which help! If you sit at work, remember to stand a couple of times an hour, sitting to long causes me to have discomfort in the groin area. We are still healing internally.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2021, 11:08 AM

Me too! Tomorrow will be eight weeks since my laparoscopic surgery, and I still feel tenderness and swelling, especially at the end of the day. Even large elastic waistband pants can bother me after a while, and I have to wear them either way up high over my incision areas, or way down low under them. Sitting still bothers me more than anything else does. I spend most of my days standing up. Then lying on the couch in the evenings.
Unread 04-07-2021, 11:46 AM

Well, this week has been rough. For those not aware of my story, I had a total hyst and meant to leave my right ovary (left was removed during first lap for endo due to cystic masses). My right ovary and ureter were stuck together and I had a delayed heat injury from cautery used nearby (at least that's what we assume) that wasn't diagnosed until 2-3 weeks after surgery.

My gut has been a wreck from everything for the last 2 months. Monday, after feeling a bit better my kidney tube got caught on my door handle and I took a step or 2 away not knowing that. I went to the ER and they thought it was ok, but the next day I had a leak and some irritation. I'm going in this afternoon to see if it needs to be replaced and got put back on antibiotics, which makes me the most sad bc my gut is so wrecked. I was up since 1:30am with indigestion, abdominal pain, gas, diarrhea, etc. They are going to have me try a sulfa-based antibiotic versus cephalexin. The digestive issues from top to bottom are the hardest so far.

My pre-op with my urologic reconstructive surgeon to repair my ureter is on Friday.
Unread 04-07-2021, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay10cee View Post
Today will be my second day returning to work, 8 week post op.. I had breakdown early in the morning because I could not button my slacks. Should my stomach still be swollen? I ended up purchasing elastic waist pants as they are more comfortable. I feel like I should be recovered now as my Dr says it's a process. Dr still has me on restrictions no strenuous exercise keep to walking, no repetitive bending, and definitely no lifting..
I hear you!!
Been doing half days for a week now. The first day could have cried with the pain. Had to start back on prescription pain meds for the whole of the first week, which I hadn’t need after the first few days post op. I literally go from having a fairly flat stomach when I get up, to looking 6 months pregnant by the evening. I get extremely uncomfortable from sitting at the 90 degree angle even though I try to get up and move around frequently. It’s been tough. Internal sutures not healed so still no lifting etc. The pain and pressure I have been getting since I was in the recovery room are still there but maybe not as consistent as previously. I am doing 5 days a week at maybe 6/ 6.5 hours this week but am dreading being full time again. When you look well on the outside, it’s hard to make people understand why I still need to be so careful and restricted. Back to see my surgeon next week, so hopefully everything will be internally healed. It’s certainly taking me longer to bounce back than I imagined it would. Know you are not alone!!
Unread 04-07-2021, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by britabee View Post
Well, this week has been rough. For those not aware of my story, I had a total hyst and meant to leave my right ovary (left was removed during first lap for endo due to cystic masses). My right ovary and ureter were stuck together and I had a delayed heat injury from cautery used nearby (at least that's what we assume) that wasn't diagnosed until 2-3 weeks after surgery.

My gut has been a wreck from everything for the last 2 months. Monday, after feeling a bit better my kidney tube got caught on my door handle and I took a step or 2 away not knowing that. I went to the ER and they thought it was ok, but the next day I had a leak and some irritation. I'm going in this afternoon to see if it needs to be replaced and got put back on antibiotics, which makes me the most sad bc my gut is so wrecked. I was up since 1:30am with indigestion, abdominal pain, gas, diarrhea, etc. They are going to have me try a sulfa-based antibiotic versus cephalexin. The digestive issues from top to bottom are the hardest so far.

My pre-op with my urologic reconstructive surgeon to repair my ureter is on Friday.
ugh ugh I'm so sorry britabee!!
Unread 04-07-2021, 05:53 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 08-Feb 14,2021

Quote:

So truly sorry to hear of your latest struggles.
Praying the new treatment is more effective.

Best of luck at your upcoming appointment.
Sending you virtual hugs and blessings.
Unread 04-07-2021, 08:13 PM

Quote:

You are certainly going through it and makes my small woes very insignificant. You will get there I’m sure and I can only hope that the remainder of your recovery is a bit more straight forward and less traumatic for you. Wishing you well. X
Unread 04-08-2021, 12:56 PM

Agreed--hang in there britabee, and sending good thoughts and hugs!
Unread 04-08-2021, 04:54 PM

Sending hugs and good vibes your way Britabee!
Unread 04-10-2021, 04:46 AM

We are looking for volunteer SUNSHINE SISTERS
to help on the Recovery Progress Report Threads.

If you are interested in helping recent post-op members
please click here to find out more!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register