My mom is never Picking movies for movie night again | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Review It!

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My mom is never Picking movies for movie night again My mom is never Picking movies for movie night again

Unread 03-04-2014, 08:59 AM
My mom is never Picking movies for movie night again

Watched What's eating Gilbert Grape(first time) Went from crying to sobbing and looking at my mom and telling her HOW could anyone watch this My heart hurts!!! ( she laughed and said hunny it will be ok )
Then she told me to Watch Steel Magnolia's
OMG!!!! I Cried and Cried and Cried after the movie was over and told everyone No more Tearjerkers EVER......

Then i was on a End of the World phase.... So watched Armageddon
I cried at the end so much... i caused my self to hurt Even with a pillow on my stomach then cried move and was mad because it made me cry.
i'm sure i will find this funny later as my hormones hopefully get back to the correct lvls but man as of right now i have to stay away from tearjerkers otherwise i go from sad to mad just as quickly.

My Wonderful mother decided to record my reaction to Steel Magnolia's so i can watch it later and laugh. I honestly was yelling at the tv for twenty minutes after the movie was over

But i find myself to watch more meaningful movies right now So if anyone has suggestions of Heart touching movies feel free to add them because no matter how much i cried i loved those movies and will watch them again and cry. It was the best mother daughter bonding time Ive ever had.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2014, 09:56 AM
Re: My mom is never Picking movies for movie night again

'The Queen' with Helen Mirren. It's not an all out tissue fest but there is an unexpected vulnerability to the main character that I found appealing.

'The Green Mile' is also good. I totally cried.

My Girl - Seriously, I bawled.

The Perfect Storm - One of my favorite movies. I may go watch it now.
Unread 03-04-2014, 12:42 PM

My sister and I attempted to watch Bridesmaids 4 days post-op and I hobbled out of the room holding my stomach less than 1/3 of the way thru the movie. Not a good idea to watch a gut busting comedy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-05-2014, 01:21 PM

Two that I would highly recommend are:

We Bought a Zoo, which stars Matt Damon. It's based on a true story. There are some very sad moments as it's about a family that is grieving the loss of their mother. But it's also sweet and has some very funny and touching parts. A good story overall.

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. Fantastic story with an incredible cast. It too has some sad moments, but also some very funny ones, and is really well written. I have a friend who actually went to the theater to see it three times, she loved it that much.
Unread 07-05-2014, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrmctexas View Post
'The Queen' with Helen Mirren. It's not an all out tissue fest but there is an unexpected vulnerability to the main character that I found appealing.

'The Green Mile' is also good. I totally cried.

My Girl - Seriously, I bawled.

The Perfect Storm - One of my favorite movies. I may go watch it now.
I watched Green Mile on my wedding day while I was getting ready at the hotel. It always makes me think if that.
Unread 10-10-2016, 07:58 AM

Funny, I don't want any emotional movies. Certainly I don't want to watch anything with babies, childbirth, etc. after just losing my uterus! Good to hear about laughing, though.......I will keep that in mind when watching comedies! Don't want to pop a stitch!

I can't take any recommendations from my mom, either, but for a different reason. She thinks everything I think is funny is stupid. lol.

I laughed my butt off during Bridesmaids and she turned it off a quarter way through!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register