Grade 1 stage 1A endometriod carcinoma | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Grade 1 stage 1A endometriod carcinoma Grade 1 stage 1A endometriod carcinoma

Unread 05-03-2021, 01:37 AM
Grade 1 stage 1A endometriod carcinoma

Hi all, so following a d&c, my results came back all clear, although my Gynaecoligist recommended hysterectomy due to my constant bleeding. Im 58, and honestly thought i hadnt hit menopause yet as i bled most months! Had a number of clear d&cs
over the past few years.

Anyways, jump ahead to now. I had hysterectomy, with ovaries & cervix removed about 6 weeks ago. Path has just come back grade 1 stage 1A. Im currently awaiting results from ct scan. Anyone else had similar diagnosis? Does surgery alone always cure this or has anyone any experience of dealing with recurrance? I havent had any lymph nodes removed, so not sure if that makes a difference that staging.
Many thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2021, 09:35 PM
Re: Grade 1 stage 1A endometriod carcinoma

I'm very sorry you've received this diagnosis, (((Amoc62))). I had a different kind of cancer, so I'll leave those specifics to others. Until someone stops by to share her experience, you can try some searches here on our forum for previous discussions which might be of interest. Sending hugs and every good thought your way!

Unread 05-04-2021, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoc62 View Post
Hi all, so following a d&c, my results came back all clear, although my Gynaecoligist recommended hysterectomy due to my constant bleeding. Im 58, and honestly thought i hadnt hit menopause yet as i bled most months! Had a number of clear d&cs
over the past few years.

Anyways, jump ahead to now. I had hysterectomy, with ovaries & cervix removed about 6 weeks ago. Path has just come back grade 1 stage 1A. Im currently awaiting results from ct scan. Anyone else had similar diagnosis? Does surgery alone always cure this or has anyone any experience of dealing with recurrance? I havent had any lymph nodes removed, so not sure if that makes a difference that staging.
Many thanks.

Hi there!
I had also had endometrial cancer grade 1 stage 1a and everything removed on Feb 1, 2021. I had three lymph nodes tested and those where negative for cancer cells. The wash was also negative for remaining cancer cells. At this time no further treatment is required. I'll see my Gyn/ Onc every 6 months for the next 5 years, she said. At the time of surgery I was 51 years old and feel a tremendous sense of relief this was caught early. I probably had 72 hours after learning I had this cancer of being really scared and worried by things happened very quickly and now it's out!
My recovery has gone very well. Back to working out and feel pretty good. Sex has been great! Not having to deal with the ups and downs of hormones, bloating, cramps and hormonal migraines and heavy, irregular periods has been wonderful. I truly feel free and so much more relaxed now.
Eating way more healthier is also a big factor...no gluten, no dairy, no soy, lots of water! Lots of veggies, fruits good protein and healthy fats for me now.

Cheers Michelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2021, 08:29 PM

Had my hysterectomy surgery December 2019. Stage 1A, Grade 1, no cancer cells in pelvic wash, 3 lymph nodes biopsies, all clear. No further treatment needed.

I see the Gyn Oncologist every 6 months for pelvic exam.

Endometrial cancer caught early, very curable with surgery alone.

Get regular checkups and go enjoy life.
Unread Yesterday, 08:12 AM

Hi, I was diagnosed with Stage 1, grade 2 endometrial carcinoma in Sept 2020. I had a total robotic hysterectomy and had my tubes and cervix removed too. Also, I had 3 sentinel lymph node biopsies. My nodes were all clear. I had a 12% cancer invasion in my uterus. It went 3mm deep, out of a 26mm deep uterus. That was it. My GynOnc said that the cure for my cancer was surgery and that no further treatment was needed. Because of my age (43), my ovaries were left in.

You have a great diagnosis, stage 1a, grade 1 is an extremely early dx for endo cancer. If your dx is as mine is, you shouldn't require further treatment. You should be put on an active surveillance schedule where you go in every 3mos for internal exams. I am on that schedule and will be for the next 3 years. Years 4-5 will be twice a year. I hope this helps.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register