Upcoming hysterectomy and repairs 5/7: 2 surgeries in 1 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy and repairs 5/7: 2 surgeries in 1 Upcoming hysterectomy and repairs 5/7: 2 surgeries in 1

Unread 04-26-2021, 12:10 AM
Upcoming hysterectomy and repairs 5/7: 2 surgeries in 1

I'm not sure where to put this, so I'm going to try here first. On May 7th, I'm going in for surgery. There will be two doctors: a Urogynecologist and a colorectal surgeon. Apparently they take turns going back and forth.

The Urogynecology papers say: paravaginal repair, posterior colporrhaphy, total laparoscopically hysterectomy, bilateral salpingectomy, sacral colpopexy.

The colorectal surgeon said she was going to lift certain things, straighten other things, tack things up. Probably a lot of what the Urogynecologist is going to do but on the colorectal side. The colorectal doctor also said this would all be done robotically.

Has anyone had all this done at the same time? How was recovery? Did it help?
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2021, 05:59 PM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy and repairs 5/7: 2 surgeries in 1

Hi Shinebright,

I’m hoping other members will be able to answer your questions as I do not gave personal experience to share.

In the meantime, here is a link to an article you may find helpful:
Multiple Surgeries

Please take care and best of luck.
❤️
Unread 05-04-2021, 05:12 PM

I had a hysterectomy and tube removal scheduled, with a bladder lift, done laparoscopically. I ended up having everything removed, as well as a bunch of endometriosis and scar tissue, through a pelvic incision. I can not tell you how you will feel with all that delicate work that it sounds like is happening, but for me, the only real PAIN 4 days later comes from the incision. Everything inside feels heavy and like it’s pulling, but doesn’t actually hurt. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2021, 06:05 PM

Just wondering - have you had bladder/rectal prolapse issues with uncomfortable symptoms for some time? Have you been able to get a second consult with more information about the surgery and potential success rate for it? Has the doctor recommended a pelvic floor therapist to help with safe exercises to strengthen those areas? And has trying a pessary been suggested before going through surgery? The type of repair surgery you've mentioned is a bit extensive with possible side effects, and if less invasive/permanent solutions are available, they might be worth checking into before having repairs done. These are all just my thoughts as I've been finding ways to support my prolapse issues in the hope of delaying or avoiding surgery altogether. Each of us is different, though. Just know that you are in charge of your healthcare, and you deserve good information and great healthcare. Praying that for you, whether healing comes through surgery or other methods.
Unread 05-05-2021, 05:30 AM

I had keyhole surgery last August for a hysterectomy and prolapse repair. They left the cervix as it was healthy used mesh to attach the cervix to ??? They also used mesh to support a small rectal prolapse and a big bladder prolapse. I had a total uterine and bladder prolapse. I was given Ibuprofen for the four days in the hospital and reduced the dose once home. I can't say I had any pain - just 'feelings' It felt like everything inside me had been shaken up and needed to settle again. After a day or two I really wanted to sleep on my side and was able to turn very slowly and carefully. I think I walked after two days and quickly felt fitter and more confident, although I walked very slowly and carefully and increased the distance gradually.

Good luck, I hope your experience is as good as mine!!
Unread 05-05-2021, 11:52 AM
Upcoming hysterectomy and repairs 5/7: 2 surgeries in 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineBright View Post
I'm not sure where to put this, so I'm going to try here first. On May 7th, I'm going in for surgery. There will be two doctors: a Urogynecologist and a colorectal surgeon. Apparently they take turns going back and forth.

The Urogynecology papers say: paravaginal repair, posterior colporrhaphy, total laparoscopically hysterectomy, bilateral salpingectomy, sacral colpopexy.

The colorectal surgeon said she was going to lift certain things, straighten other things, tack things up. Probably a lot of what the Urogynecologist is going to do but on the colorectal side. The colorectal doctor also said this would all be done robotically.

Has anyone had all this done at the same time? How was recovery? Did it help?
Thanks.

I AM SO sorry to hear; I've had exactly all of those same procedures, same time, same issues. I honestly thought I was the only one!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register