Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 12-Apr 18,2021 - Page 32 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 12-Apr 18,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 12-Apr 18,2021

Unread 05-04-2021, 04:48 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 12-Apr 18,2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run100Miles View Post
How many of you are back at work already? My dr intended for me to go back at 2 weeks, but at my 2-week post op I told him my fatigue was too intense to go back to my 60+ hour work weeks, even though itís a desk job. I requested 2 more weeks, which he granted, but I feel like a slacker!
Donít feel like a slacker! You deserve this time off to heal. I work from home so Iíve been lucky, but if I was going into the office Iíd take the full 6 weeks. You donít need the stress of sitting up all day putting pressure on your stomach and the inability to rest when needed. Iíve seen posts on here where some people go back as early as two weeks, but Iíd try and rest as much as you can to promote healing. Thatís just my take. Maybe for some others they felt ok. My nurse told me she returned to work at three weeks. Iím at week four and I still donít feel ready.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2021, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run100Miles View Post
I had my 2-week post op and my dr did not do an internal exam. Whew!! He did let me know there would be an internal at my 6-week post op.
I do not want an internal exam. Lol. Iím fearful of that. My post op exam is next week. So thank you for bringing this to my attention. So Iím not surprised.
Unread 05-04-2021, 05:11 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 12-Apr 18,2021

I was going to but the doctor would not leave off the no bending & no lifting restrictions so my school district would not let me come back. (I get it, but I'm so bored.) I'm a Clerk, so I can sit at my desk all day and would have been doable to work knowing & following my restrictions. Instead, I'm watching a ton of Netflix. ;-)
Unread 05-04-2021, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquieH View Post
I donít believe thereís a perfect scenario to having a TLH but I came pretty close. Procedure without issue (ovaries intact) cervix, uterus and tubes removed due to endometriosis. One day/overnight stay in hospital with very little pain or discomfort but I stayed on pain management plan not being a super hero. Catheter removed after 3 hours and able to urinate immediately. Incisions were glued simply relaxed and enjoyed the solitude and care. Able to shower independently before being released from hospital which lifted my spirits. No bleeding, cramping or spotting. No swollen belly or any discomfort outside tenderness at incision access. I didnít know what to expect so I purchased Depends just in case. @home- rest and sleep days 2/3 and continue pain management as a precaution yet day 4 no more opioids and managing just fine. I began taking stool softeners the day of surgery to ensure no BM ISSUES and I havenít had any to report. Ironically craving LOTS of water but thatís a positive. Able to take short walks to the mailbox and back but no pain whatsoever. I have waves of tiredness so I listen to my body and rest. Emotions have hit a 10 wanting to do more yet I understand itís all in my head at the moment. Incisions externally are completely healed but internally I still have a way to go. Only area of concern are the bouts with fatigue which I understand are normal and a few nights of insomnia. Be careful when coughing or sneezing for a while. Awaiting week 3 follow up with fingers crossed everything is healing up nicely. Spouse, kids have been super supportive handling all physical chores and we havenít burned the house down YET...
Day 22 UPDATE- 5/3/2021
Yesterday was my Post Op visit and due to a triangulated pelvic pain my Dr. decided to take peek to rule out a cuff tear or infection. Up until day 18 all things were textbook so it seemed. Without warning I developed a severe pain in my pelvic area sitting in between three of my laparoscopic incision and boy did it hurt! Found out I am allergic to most opioids with a reaction that headed me to my family Dr. for steroid shot the day after the pain started. My entire body itched uncontrollably!!! 4 days on steroids and Iím feeling much better besides pelvic pain when moving. No bleeding or fever just sharp/stabbing pain. Using a heating pad with 1000mg of ibuprofen for comfort. After evaluating the vaginal cuff is healing fine and no infection which brings me a lot of relief. Instructed to rest and pain management. Advised I probably over exerted standing, bending or simply getting in and out of bed could possibly be the culprit. Still no regrets as my bladder issues before surgery have disappeared. Received pathology report and my uterus and tubes were totally engulfed by endometriosis. On photos you cannot see my uterus at all. Who knew; as ultrasound simply showed an enlarged uterus. I had my appendix removed as a child 48 years ago) yet the endometriosis spreaded across my pelvic and lower abdomen area possibly scar tissue and lots on adhesions to other organs. All removed and doing just fine.
Iím very optimistic and confident that a TLH was the best decision for me. Tired of resting but itís part of the process of recovery so Iíll continue to do as the doctor ordered.
Next follow up in three weeks 5/24/2021.
Unread 05-04-2021, 10:36 AM

Right side flank pain is troubling me for last few days - my GYN says she is ok for me to meet urologist as she is not able to understand why should I have so much flank pain. Urine culture shows no infection. Earliest appointment with Urogyn is on 19th May that I have taken and urologist appointment earliest is in June 2nd taken that as well. But I am worried that there are still 2 weeks between now and first appointment- anyone has any suggestions? Anyone experienced this. I have had episodes of hydronephrosis in past - but that was suspected due to uterus and fibroid pressing against ureter and causing some blockage. I am very concerned. Any suggestions?
Unread 05-04-2021, 10:57 AM

So I've had a couple times where there's lots of bleeding and clots for about 5 minutes where I'm stuck on the toilet until it passes. These were after my 2 week appt.

My dr told me if it happens again I must go in to be evaluated. I just wanted to let anyone else know if they're experiencing this too.
Unread 05-04-2021, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquieH View Post
Day 22 UPDATE- 5/3/2021
Yesterday was my Post Op visit and due to a triangulated pelvic pain my Dr. decided to take peek to rule out a cuff tear or infection. Up until day 18 all things were textbook so it seemed. Without warning I developed a severe pain in my pelvic area sitting in between three of my laparoscopic incision and boy did it hurt! Found out I am allergic to most opioids with a reaction that headed me to my family Dr. for steroid shot the day after the pain started. My entire body itched uncontrollably!!! 4 days on steroids and Iím feeling much better besides pelvic pain when moving. No bleeding or fever just sharp/stabbing pain. Using a heating pad with 1000mg of ibuprofen for comfort. After evaluating the vaginal cuff is healing fine and no infection which brings me a lot of relief. Instructed to rest and pain management. Advised I probably over exerted standing, bending or simply getting in and out of bed could possibly be the culprit. Still no regrets as my bladder issues before surgery have disappeared. Received pathology report and my uterus and tubes were totally engulfed by endometriosis. On photos you cannot see my uterus at all. Who knew; as ultrasound simply showed an enlarged uterus. I had my appendix removed as a child 48 years ago) yet the endometriosis spreaded across my pelvic and lower abdomen area possibly scar tissue and lots on adhesions to other organs. All removed and doing just fine.
Iím very optimistic and confident that a TLH was the best decision for me. Tired of resting but itís part of the process of recovery so Iíll continue to do as the doctor ordered.
Next follow up in three weeks 5/24/2021.
So good to hear that you donít have an infection or tear. I am swelling so easily. Today I woke up kind of swollen already but with doing dishes and a few other things Iím completely swollen. Itís frustrating as ever. My bladder feels swollen as well. I donít feel like Iím doing a whole lot, I took a walk yesterday outside less than a block and back. Maybe that was too much. I hope your appt. approaches quickly and you get relief!

HUGS!!!
Unread 05-04-2021, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acanada01 View Post
Donít feel like a slacker! You deserve this time off to heal. I work from home so Iíve been lucky, but if I was going into the office Iíd take the full 6 weeks. You donít need the stress of sitting up all day putting pressure on your stomach and the inability to rest when needed. Iíve seen posts on here where some people go back as early as two weeks, but Iíd try and rest as much as you can to promote healing. Thatís just my take. Maybe for some others they felt ok. My nurse told me she returned to work at three weeks. Iím at week four and I still donít feel ready.
I'm back at work BUT I work from home and i have to sit in my recliner with my laptop, still not at a desk, it is to uncomfortable.
Unread 05-04-2021, 01:54 PM

I had a LAVH on 4/16 along with endometriosis excision. I received my pathology the other day and it confirmed endometriosis, adenomyosis and also said I had chronic endometritis I am wondering if anyone has ever had the chronic endometritis as well? Also I have had a relatively easy recovery I believe because I was in so much pain prior to surgery. I have been having more discomfort, pressure and some spotting the last couple of days more so than the first 2 weeks of recovery. I am still resting alot but could this just be from gradually being more active?
Unread 05-04-2021, 05:19 PM

I'm finally starting to feel human again. I managed a short walk today, a whole 5 minutes. This was the last step in a breast cancer journey (chemo, surgery, radiation) and I am so anxious to get to the next chapter. I'm impatient with my healing body and frustrated with dealing with the disability folks. I think they try to grind people down to where they give up and don't receive their benefits. I've gotten the ombudsman for my employer involved. It just shouldn't be this hard to get benefits I've paid into my entire working life.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register