Hi Girls!!! I'm here!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > B.E.S.T.-(Better Eaters Support Team)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hi Girls!!!  I'm here!!!! Hi Girls!!! I'm here!!!!

Unread 09-21-2021, 03:34 PM
Hi Girls!!! I'm here!!!!

I just caught up on everyone's posts. Its been over a month for me. So sorry to be out of touch. Lots going on here.

Last month, we lost hubby's youngest brother (43) to the virus. He and his entire family had it. He ended up in the hospital with pneumonia and his body just couldn't fight the infections any longer. His organs started shutting down. Hubby did the eulogy. He did a great job but said it was the hardest thing he's ever had to do. I am so sad for him. That brother was the only family member he really had any kind of relationship with. Please say prayers for his widow and three children (one grown and two teenagers).

We have decided to set up our home as a vacation rental while I am away for the winter. So I have been real busy 'moving' out of our home and into two storage closets here on site and the second story of hubby's workshop. Now trying to decide which vacation rental management company to use. I just hope this doesn't end up being more of a headache than not.

Finally able to get back to my normal exercise routine. My body so needed it. Hard to do when away from home and with everything so out of whack from the virus. Can't wait for that all to be over with so we can all settle into whatever the new normal is gong to be.

Desk - so glad no new restrictions have been place on you and your mom. Sounds like things are really going well for you both. Glad, too, that Nina is doing well even if she is driving you crazy with the balls. Lol. Glad your fall didn't end up being to bad and that you're able to get around ok.

No we didn't have any damage from the storms like Haywood Co did. We were spared with just a little rain. I just finally drove through that area yesterday and wow! Major damage. Repairs/clean up still going on. Feel so bad for those who lost their homes. Thank you for asking.

Greyown - glad you are able to make arrangements to get your needed medical tests done. Do you have the option of taking the time unpaid or is it strictly make up time? Glad your knee is ok. Those kinds of things can be so scary when they happen. I typically get a little bit of a sinking feeling and wonder how long healing will take and how much is it going to cost.

Nirvana - Yeah on the MRI, finally. Glad to you have some definite answers. Now just have to find out what the plan is for you to get it taken care of/live with it. Glad you were able to get your cat in.

We are having trouble with our dentist. First visit after shutdown and somehow both hubby and I need major work done that costs thousands of dollars. Insurance company has denied the pre-treatment plan for me saying there's no evidence in two sets of x-rays that says I need the work done. Honestly, I think they are just trying to recoup what they lost being closed last summer.

Being that you and hubby are truck drivers, I do have a tax question for you. When you file your taxes, do you/your CPA still claim the DOT travel expense per diem allotted for those who work away from home? If this is too personal, I understand. No big deal. I have an appointment with a new CPA on Thursday to go over the information I found on the IRS website. This CPA took over the clients for the one we had. She said when the tax law changed, we could no longer take that deduction. Hubby is hearing from co-workers that that information is incorrect. They are still taking it and have been all along. So frustrating!!!!

Rita - Wow on your work schedule and hours. That's nuts!! Thank you for the state park information. Sounds nice! I can't wait until we can go again. I miss it when we come home.

Kim - So glad to see your post. Was getting worried about you when catching up. So sorry about your friends no longer being available/helpful. Hoping the counseling is still going well for you. The macaroni and avocado butter sounds awesome. I may have to look into that. My newest fave is avocado mush on toast with or without an egg. So good. I even use it on sandwiches instead of mayo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2021, 08:29 AM
Re: Hi Girls!!! I'm here!!!!

Hi heavensangel! Glad to hear from you, I am sorry about your husband's brother, so sad. Such a vicious virus and it doesn't care who it hits. My prayers with you all and his family .....
Yes we get per diem deduction each night we spend a night a way from home. It is because we are owner/operators, we actually own our truck and trailer and are the only employees in our LLC. Now company drivers have to go by what their companies do, they way I understand it is if your company reimburses costs with a flat rate or a cpm increase in your salary, then yes—you are getting per diem benefits. If your company does not offer a flat rate or cpm increase for overnight stays, you can no longer claim those expenses as lost income on your taxes. Hope this helps! Good luck, it is so important that you have a CPA who understands fully the per diem , and btw, per diem is going up for next year for the first time in a long time.
Unread 09-23-2021, 01:10 PM
Re: Hi Girls!!! I'm here!!!!

Heavensangel, glad to see you back and catch up. I’m so sorry about your husband’s brother, such a sad loss for everyone. What a difficult thing to do the eulogy but a real labor of love. I couldn’t say a word for my father but I did write something for my sister since we waited several months to do the memorial service. Still I get choked up talking about either of them. I’m so sorry for all your family.

Good luck with the rental business. It does sound like a bother but with the right company it might be a great thing. You live in a beautiful area!

Nirvana, it’s encouraging to hear your per diem will go up. It’s not easy having your own business!

Nothing new here except that we will try a new daycare one day next week, as our regular one will be closed. The more socialization, the better, and we do want Nina to be on good terms with everyone in town… Mom is fine, and I’m trying to keep up. Only occasional walks now, usually shorter, in order to squeeze in a nap as well. Food is a little better (not great) since I’ve been kicked out of the dining room with her. I bring my own, and so am eating less than when I was splitting meals with Mom. The dining room does not allow any non-residents in now. I don’t want to complain, that would be useless, and they have done a good job keeping everyone safe. At our caregivers support meeting I heard some stories about another facility that has been on lockdown for a month and I am most grateful that Mom is in a safe place and I can still visit. Everyone is short-staffed, but our place is still providing good care. It helps for me to be there, but the staff is responsive and caring, and we are fortunate.

Almost time to go back - hugs to all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2021, 09:17 PM
Hi Girls!!! I'm here!!!!

Thank you Nirvana and Desk for your kind words for our family. It is a new world for his wife and kids. They’re doing the best they can. They will have good and bad days for years to come.

Thank you, Nirvana, for sharing that information. My visit with CPA went well. He does believe we can still claim it, it’s just a matter of finding the correct form to do so. If we can, it will also probably affect our state tax returns so they may have to be amended as well. We shall see. If not, we haven’t lost anything so no big deal. Just worth looking into.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register