Better Eaters Support Team: Introduce Yourself - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > B.E.S.T.-(Better Eaters Support Team)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Better Eaters Support Team: Introduce Yourself Better Eaters Support Team: Introduce Yourself

Unread 06-24-2002, 08:37 AM
Better Eaters Support Team: Introduce Yourself

Name/nickname that you want to be called ~ Pam
Fitness goal ~ to feel better, be healthy and be more active. I'm tired of looking pregnant!
Number of pounds you'd like to lose ~ 55
Favorite food "before" ~ French Vanilla Cafe (flavored coffee) is my weakness
Favorite food now ~ it's STILL my weakness
Favorite form of exercise ~ I had just begun tae bo before the pain kicked in full force and i found out i needed the hysterectomy
Weight loss method ~ I've tried Atkins Diet, Herbalife (which worked VERY well for me, but am not sure now with the meds) I plan on replacing my coffee with water, and will limit myself to no more than 2 cups of coffee a day. I also plan to make a point of eating breakfast, to get my body moving earlier in the day. (Weight Watchers, Richard Simmons, etc.) Biggest challenge ~ I need to eat earlier in the day and STOP the late nite snacking.
Height (optional) ~ 5'2"
Highest weight (optional) ~ 182 (am 174 now!)
Goal weight (optional) ~ 125
Comments ~ I had never had a weight problem until I reached my 40s and it peaked before my surgery. I had only weight 98 lbs up until i was 22 and i got pregnant with my first daughter. I don't want to be THAT thin again, but I feel that 120-125 would be comfortable for me. I CAN do this and I WILL do this!!!!

I am sooooo glad that y'all are here! I need to be accountable for my weight. I'll be checking back daily!

*HUGS*
Pam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2002, 11:24 AM

Hello, This is my first post. Hope it comes out ok.
Name/nickname that you want to be called ~ Lynn
Fitness goal ~ Maintaining an active lifestyle that includes exercise most days.
Number of pounds you'd like to lose ~ 95
Favorite food "before" ~ chocolate
Favorite food now ~ chocolate
Favorite form of exercise ~ treadmill/weight machine
Weight loss method ~ Eating healthy and working out 6 days a week
Biggest challenge ~ very worried about post op - once I'm on a routine, it's easy and fun - once off routine, it's tough to get back in there. Taking time off for recouperation makes me nervous.
Height (optional) ~ 5'5
Highest weight (optional) ~
Goal weight (optional) ~ 150
Comments ~ I've lost 24 pounds and am actually enjoying the workouts. Hope the interruption is just that and not a return to couch potato status.
Unread 06-24-2002, 12:41 PM
What is B.E.S.T.?/Intro

Name/nickname that you want to be called ~ Di or Diane is fine

I am looking forward to reading all of the support here. I am feeling pretty rotten about my weight and how it is effecting my recovery and family life.

Fitness goal ~ To feel good enough to keep up with my 4year old DD and not desire a nap every waking moment of my day.

Number of pounds you'd like to lose ~ at least 75
Favorite food "before" ~ everything but the kitchen sink or things nailed down.
Favorite food now ~ haven't started a program yet so I would have to say a full open bag of chips.

Favorite form of exercise ~ I would say swimming or walking but, I am still not doing either.

Weight loss method ~ I have the "6 week body makeover and it was working great until I went on a 3 week binge that hasn't ended yet.....(Weight Watchers, Richard Simmons, etc.)
Biggest challenge ~ Large appetite/Small Will Power
Height (optional) ~ 5'2 (on a big hair day)
Highest weight (optional) ~ pushing 205 and I'm not pregnant!
Goal weight (optional) ~ 130
Comments ~ I'm very disgusted with myself and want to die every time I look at myself in the mirror. And yet, I can't stop eating. I am ALWAYS HUNGRY! I don't know if it is a side effect from the Primirin or if I am just being a glutton. I have prayed about it and I just feel so awful! I want to feel better and get into shape other than round. I don't know what is wrong with me.

Anyway... I am looking forward to reading the posts here and hearing all the input and support.

Thanks for listening....

Di
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2002, 07:39 PM

Hello everyone! This group is a fantastic idea! I have found that the support and the accountability of others facing a same goal is an invaluable gift! Here is my intro. info.:

Name: Shannon

Fitness Goal: To be able to play with my 6 yr. old and 3 yr. old

Number of pounds I would like to lose: 150

Favorite foods (before): breads and sweets

Favorite food now: fresh pineapple

Favorite form of exercise: deep water aerobics, weight lifting, and walking. I have been going to the YMCA faithfully 5 days per week for the past 2 1/2 years. That just shows how horrible my overeating is...I'm burning the calories and toning my muscles, but I am not losing any weight because I eat so compulsively!

Weight loss method: As mentioned above, I have the exercise down, but I need to employ an eating plan. Any ideas???

Biggest challenge: I remain in denial about my size when I am bingeing. I avoid mirrors and I wear baggy clothing. I really need to face the truth!

Height: 5' 6"

Highest weight: 302 (current weight as well)

Goal weight: 155

Comments: I thank God for this web site and I look forward to reading about and getting to know you all. God Bless!!

Shannon
Unread 06-24-2002, 09:35 PM

Hi Ya'll... This is Di again...

Just wanted to say how encouraged I am since this morning to see so many of you out there that feel the same as me. The one sister who started at about 350 was so encouraging! To hear that she LOVES exercise now...WOW! Where can I get some of that?! I am fat and not ashamed (Although I should be) to admit that I hate :burning: the idea of any workout right now. Walking is about all I can do and some swimming as we have a pool. But, alas...do you think I would do either....Um, no....The only time I pick up speed is when the ice cream truck is pulling away from the curb without me there!!!

I think the thing that is somewhat motivating for me at this moment is the fact that I am not able to buy anything that is both comfortable and cute. It just doesn't exsist! Believe me! I've looked high and low for clothes that I would want to be seen in public wearing! They just don't exsist!

I think the buyers at every major clothing store (Lane Bryant included) ought to be shot! I mean, bare with me here sisters, cause I know I'm not the only one who feels this way, and I need to vent for a sec....Is there some unwritten law somewhere hidden with the thin chicks of clothing buyer corporate america that says that all fat lady clothes must either be frumpy, flower prints across the boobies, or just so inconveniently placed between the lingerie or maturnity department (check and see if that isn't the truth! "Our" department will almost always be there between or next to them and on the 3rd floor in the back!) that we are simply forced to go to Walmart because they seem to have the only clothes that are not only reasonably priced for the average person but also come in our size and most styles are the same as the so called "regular" sizes.

My girlfriend and I have long kicked around the idea for our own clothing store. We are simply going to call it "Big *** Jean Co". Our Moto will be....Pretty N Plump R We and We Have The Jeans To Prove It!!! We will supply jeans that fit and are affordable. You know, not the "Womens sized pricing...as if they had to kill more textile to make our size clothing! (That one really is irritating!) Size 14/16 $29.99 Size 18/20 $32.99 What is that about anyway? We will also have blouses that button in the right place thus illiminating the need for those retarded safety pens in the middle of our dressier ensambles. Pantyhose that actually really breathe and don't make us feel like a sausage in it's casing. (You all know what I am talking about!) Not only that...but, somehow, someway I am going to come up with a fabric for said pantyhose that doesn't make that god awful "swish-swish-swish" sound as I am walking...nor will it give me that terrible burning sensation that you get when you walk any further than from your work space to the ladies room!

So anyway ladies.... As you can probably surmise... I have given this more than a little thought! I am tired of that whole shopping thing. I want to buy cute clothes that fit and are fun to wear. It is some of what motivates me. The other part of it is the health thing and my beautiful little girl. I want to love and live and enjoy. I don't want to be down about my size and feel ashamed anymore.

So...that being said....Thank you all again for the encouragement...stories...experiences....Keep them all coming because they are good medicine for that after 7:00 pm group of us that are just itching to get into the tub of yummy stuff in the freezer right about now! :

Have Yourselves A Great Evening!
Di
Unread 06-25-2002, 08:31 AM
Talking - Better Eaters Support Team: Introduce Yourself Hi, Di

Gee, you sure crack me up! "They don't have to kill more textile..." Oh, that is hilarious!!! You are too funny.

But I hear what you're saying. I laughed at the funny things in your post, I guess, because I know it's all true!

One thing, since this is a woman to woman helping site , I'm also ashamed that I even know what you're talking about on the "swish, swish w/pantyhose", plus I've got a suggestion on how you can ease your pain. I use powder, usually Gold Bond powder, high up on the inside of my thighs before I put on pantyhose and again after I've put pantyhose on. I wear alot of jumpers (covers more area) so I wear pantyhose alot, plus I feel like the friction of wearing those old things will burst out in flames with the walking, etc. that I do at work.

I guess one of my goals should be not having the fear of being set on fire by my pantyhose!!
Unread 06-25-2002, 09:30 AM

Hey There Jeannie....

Glad that you get my humor! I know some may not appreciate it. But, that is how I get through most of my frustration of being "undertall". I come from an all boy family and being that I was once the cheerleader/home coming princess they really give me hard time about the weight gain over the last few years. (they are not real good with encouragement. much easier for them to make me feel awful so they can feel better about their own "short comings")

The pantyhose thing.... Well first off I want to thank you for the Gold Bond tip. I have actually done that myself. I am still not sure I want to even try to wear them. It's hot here in CA and I have a couple months here before I have to where them. I am a stay at home mom and so, I only wear them if I have to be totally professional. I do wear dresses and skirts at least 3-4 times a week in my ministry. But, thankfully, I have long dresses and skirts and they don't show much flesh (Much to the relief of most people I know!) so...pantyhose are optional. And the way that I feel about them... I will always opt out!

Weighed myself this morning...Not a happy girl! 204. It is now official.... I am 5'2 x 5'2 with a mustache growing in. Did I happen to mention I am Portuguese/Irish... I guess the facial hair is a given with those blood lines huh? :artist: Ha! Ha!

Anyway...I gotta fly...with that weigh in I have made a phone call to a friend to come for a swim with me in a little while. I am on my way to Costco to buy a precut platter of fruit and I am getting rid of every hot link in the fridge! (This is a difficult thing being that in addition to being fat, I am an Oakland A's Fanatic and we pretty much live on Hot Links during the season)

Tip: I have found an awesome alternative to hot links or dogs. They are the Chicken/Bell Pepper Sausage I think they are made by Adells or something like that. DELICIOUS and low fat. I love them cut up with eggs in the morning. I take 2 lrg eggs (omit the yolks, okay...you can use a few drops just for color if you need to) some green onion, tomato, and sautee them in a little garlic and white wine. Sometimes I throw in a very small amount of spinish and feta cheese with it. This is a very good breakfast. You get your protein, your betas or veggies, and it is very tasty.

Anyway... Have a Fabulous Day All!!! Lets keep our "chins" up That was a joke!!! I have to make it light or I will cry all day! Off to Costco I go!!! Look out fruit.... here I come!

Di
Unread 06-26-2002, 07:15 AM

Name/Mari

Fitness goal ~ My Dog Wants to go on Walks
Number of pounds you'd like to lose ~ 100+
Favorite food "before" ~ Mexican food, Choclate,Ice cream
Favorite food now ~
Favorite form of exercise ~is watching tv count
Weight loss method ~ (Weight Watchers, Richard Simmons, etc.)
Biggest challenge ~ having family help
Height (optional) ~ 5'10"
Highest weight (optional) ~ 280 at top
Goal weight (optional) ~ 160
Comments ~ I am an emotional eater/bullmic as teenager/have family I want to live for/Quality of life is what I want
Unread 07-12-2002, 07:24 AM
Cool - Better Eaters Support Team: Introduce Yourself Joining in!

Name/nickname that you want to be called ~Strobe

Fitness goal ~ I guess the first thing is to "have one"! A goal I mean! OK, I do plan to buy a treadmill, since I do like them.

Number of pounds you'd like to lose ~ 35

Favorite food "before" ~ Chocolate, CAKE, Macaroni, Fruits & Vegetables

Favorite food now ~ Same as above

Favorite form of exercise ~ Reading ... Dancing.. but DH doesn't.

Weight loss method ~ Watching Fats, trying to eat lots of fruits and veggies. May go back to WW, but they starve you if you want to lose weight and you are under 150... I got down to 143 with them before but my points "to lose" were like 9... try eating anything on 9 points!! I got so tired of Jello..

Biggest challenge ~ Staying motivated, and having the time to add exercise to my daily regime.

Height (optional) ~ 5'4"

Highest Weight ~ 159 ( now ) 4.5 weeks post, I lost 11 lbs from nervous energy 2 weeks before surgery, but it came back while I was recovering, and my Italian Mom was cooking for me....

Goal Weight ~ 124

Comments ~ The hardest thing for me is to acknowledge that I really am overweight for my small frame and height. Until 5 years ago my highest weight was 128, then all of a sudden POOF.. I have never been this heavy, even when I was full term pregnant!
Guess I need someone to account to, my DH loves every ounce of me no matter what. This site has helped me is so many other ways, maybe this will be the "icing on the cake"! ... Did I mention cake! I am on ERT now, and one of the side effects says "weight changes".. Don't suppose that means you lose?!

HELP ME!!

Unread 07-12-2002, 08:19 AM

Name/nickname that you want to be called ~ TC

Fitness goal ~ Healthy, with energy and strong heart and lungs.

Number of pounds you'd like to lose ~ 40

Favorite food "before" ~ bread, cheese, sweets

Favorite food now ~ Same as above...but I'm trying!

Favorite form of exercise ~ I trying to get back to my treadmill and the gym at 8 weeks post-op

Weight loss method ~ on a good day - Weight Watchers

Biggest challenge ~ Not eating when I'm bored and learning to eat veggies

Height (optional) ~ 5'3"

Highest weight (optional) ~ 174! more than when I was pregnant

Goal weight (optional) ~ 134

Comments ~ to live a long life and be able to make love when I'm in my 90's

I'm going to need lots of emotional help here. I gained 25 pounds in the past year with all my "problems". Good luck to everyone!!

TC

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register