Abdominoplasty/tummy tuck & hysterectomy - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > Tummy Tuck Too

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Abdominoplasty/tummy tuck & hysterectomy Abdominoplasty/tummy tuck & hysterectomy

Unread 11-03-2013, 02:39 PM
Re: Abdominoplasty/ hysterectomy

Oh. .. yes and the hospital stay. . Sorry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2013, 02:41 PM

Do you mind telling me the general total cost? After insurance, about how much was out of pocket?
Unread 11-03-2013, 03:05 PM

$7450.00 but mine was just mini tt. $5200 for the surgeon and the rest was hospital. Well worth it to me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2013, 03:07 PM
Abdominoplasty/tummy tuck & hysterectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCommando View Post
$7450.00 but mine was just mini tt. $5200 for the surgeon and the rest was hospital. Well worth it to me!
Thank you! This helps a lot. I am most concerned about cost. I desperately need but the money part scares me.
Unread 08-05-2014, 06:05 AM

wish i had seen this post long ago, never thought about the option
Unread 03-02-2015, 04:52 AM

i had aTAH and full TT at the same time. I still have my ovaries. I've have a few autoimmune diseases but this gyn issue was one I needed to deal with. When I finally decided to go ahead and to it, I decided I would include something that would make it more worth it for ME. I had always joked but now it's real. The cost is a good chunk but the greatfullness it has brought me is invaluable. I had 3 previous abdominal surgeries and although I am not and never was overweight, I always dealt with that "pouch" no matter what I wore it bothered me soooo much for years. Would I have done it if I did not need the hysterectomy? Probably not. But if I was going to get cut open one more time, this was my chance to give myself something. I am beyond thrilled. I had an amazing PS and my incision is super thin and healing great. My stomach is flatter every day! I still have swelling around the lower waist area but it's fluctualting.
i had major surgery with the hysterectomy.. A lot of work on his part and then 2 hours with the PS. And I did have all of the problems.. Gas, no appetite, discomfort, not sleeping, back pain, hip pain, and second guessing my decision.
But .... Nothing unbearable. I am having a good recovery. Most was expected its part of having a hyst...
I feel bad for those of you who have had so much pain and discomfort. I understand because I had my days and still can't sleep a full night comfortably.
If you are thinking about doing both and can, it is the best thing you can do for yourself. I am so happy I did I still can't believe I actually did it!
My healing is still in progress especially internally. It's been only 3 weeks and 3 days I am still not walking completely straight and some days more pain than others. But I only take ibuprofen now. You just have to listen to your body and when it says slow down, stop, then listen. I get into my bed put the tv on and rest. I'm a mom and a wife and I work full time. I never stop. So this time is guilt free. I will probably never have such a legitimate reason again!! Lol
So take care of YOU. Having a supportive family helps
All the best!!
Unread 07-29-2015, 03:55 PM

Hello all! I am new here. I stumbled into this thread and I found it very appropriate for me and my concerns. I am 32. I had one ovary removed in March 2015 due to a grapefruit sized complex cyst wrapped around it. I was cut vertically and endured the pain of traumatized muscles as well as external incision. Five months later I have been diagnosed with a cyst on my remaining ovary, spots/masses all over my pelvic area, and two lesions on my liver. One was there before my last surgery but never mentioned after the pre op ct scan. Now it has enlarged and brought a friend with it. I'm not sure what all is going on in there, and I'm waiting to have a liver biopsy. I'm going to ask for a complete hysterectomy. This will likely involve another large vertical incision. If the biopsy is clean, I'm considering a mini tt. I'd like to feel better about myself after losing my lady parts!!
Unread 03-01-2016, 08:33 AM
Re: Abdominoplasty/tummy tuck & hysterectomy

Day 5 post op TAH and TT.
Just wanted to post my own experience since other posts were so helpful to me.
I am 57 with 4 grown children. I had seen a urogyn a few years back because of uterine and bladder prolapse but didnt follow through with surgery. I figured if they were going to open me up, i would enjoy a TT at the same time. After having saline implants put in 18 years ago, and lipo about 7 years ago, I didn't think my husband would be on board with my new desire. The main thing i truly felt at this time, was that I have grown to hate my implants that were so big and heavy and improperly placed above the muscle. I wanted to have them removed. How awesome would it be to be able to do everything at once?
A breast lift would be nice too, but that would mean being under anesthesia too long, and my PS said that I might be satisfied, and if not, the mastopexy could always be done at a later date.
Well everyone told me that the recovery would be so long, a friend had the same surgery a few years ago with the same drs, and said a minimum of 5 weeks before I would be funcional. That sounded absurd!!
Well I went in last Thursday for 8am surgery. That evening the anesthesia was still definitely working as I laughed with my family and thought this was going to be a piece of cake.
Well that wore off, and when they decided I could take meds by mouth, that is when the nausea struck. Saturday morning. That was terrible, but they gave me anti-nausea meds that helped and I was home Saturday evening.
Sunday was ok, started feeling different pains in different areas. Had a coughing spell once on Saturday, once on Sunday, two or three times on Monday, that was probably the most painful.
But I slept well last night and feel much better today. Still way hunched over, but dont want to pull those sutures apart! I go back to the PS on Wednesday, and hopefully get these drains removed.
I know now why they said it is a long recovery. Just taking it one day at a time, and I thank God for such a wonderful, caring husband and kids who are taking such good care of me!!
Just going to let myself heal.
Will let you know how it goes. Thanks for listening, hope this helps someone.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register