Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007 - Page 56 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007

Unread 04-27-2007, 08:06 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007

Hi everyone,
Isn't it wonderful the bond we have formed through these last couple months. It is such a blessing.
hothyssiefit- I am so happy for you! congrats on the engagement and upcoming wedding. I can tell you will be a great mom- when your heart aches because they hurt -that's the real thing.
Zella- So happy to hear about your grandbaby. The pool at the Y sounds wonderful!

Margaritas are my favorite!! We'll have to have a simultaneous toast across the miles some night in honor of our hystersisterhood.

I am feeling much like my regular self most of the time -I think- but my work hours have been so long these last two weeks that I can't sort out what is fatigue from recuperating vs work. Last night I went to bed at 8:30. I do recognize that I don't have all my enthusiasm back yet. I have a great time at work with my coworkers -laughing etc but when I get home I am a bit blah. I guess it's still the fatigue factor. I use up everything at work and don't have a lot left over for home life. The good thing is DH is wiped after dealing with his middle schoolers so during the week he doesn't feel much like talking alot in the eve either so I think he probably appreciates that I am not my usual chatty, busy self in the eves. I am so glad it's Friday nite. Sat is the only am without an alarm which is glorious.
I have been doing pretty well with my eating this week-mainly because I was so busy at work, I had about 5 min for lunch. I have been drinking more H2O and not stopping on the way home at fast food. I have lost a few pounds per the scale. Haven't had any time for exercise other than my am yoga stretch session. I hope to get back to my stair climbing at work next week. That way even if I get home late, I don't feel totally like I haven't done anything

Hope everyone has a really good weekend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2007, 08:11 PM

jetams-so good to hear from you. I'll be thinking of you as you return to work. Just remember- one hour at a time- it will take a week or two to get your regular endurance back so be gentle with yourself and rest when you get home!
Unread 04-28-2007, 12:58 AM

Hello sisters...I have never had a "sister" before now I have lots. yeah me! Anway, somehow I thought noone was writing in, I don't know where I have been posting but I have checked in everyday so I thought and it was so "quiet" how wierd. I missed you girls sooo much!
I have enjoyed catching up and wow did I have ALOT of reading to do. Alot has gone on and I feel I have missed it all. I am sorry and it was unitentional. It's good to be back! I am almost bouncy again, I have my days like you.....but still grateful for the opportunity to heal!
Keep smiling and I'll stay tuned better this time! miss ya! 3d
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2007, 03:21 AM

Good morning girls,

I am feeling so good today and have been all week. I find myself smiling all the time and even my partner has noticed that too. I managed to do some very heavy work in the garden of the other house for several hours a day this week with very little pain if not that. I can feel all my stomach, thigh and bum muscles and that feels great! I think I will be able start my jogging next week...I can't wait to get back into it. I just love jogging. Sorry I feel so excited that I am back into work again...I am getting a lovely feeling of tiredness every night before I go to bed.

Thanks Zellabella for your loving words....congratulations on the news of an expected birth of your grandchild...I am so happy for you.

Runplenty...go for it girl...I am proud of you. You are doing really well with the jogging and cycling. You give me so much hope now. Thanks for sharing that with us. I will think of you when I start jogging next week. Can't wait.

Zucru4...I think you are being very wise with your business. Best of luck on your first week back at work. Sounds as if you will be very busy with the house packing as well! Wish I could help you. Be thinking of you.

Hothyssiefit...ooh please be careful...moving furniture not a good idea at the moment but i know you thought it would be okay. When I was trying to dismantle the kitchen units I really felt it badly and stopped at once and did the garden instead. I know just how you felt.

Teacher30 Wouldn't it be lovely if we could all get together...bit difficult for me being in England. I feel as if you are all my sisters now. It has become a ritual to read and respond to all your messages each day now. Somehow I would feel really sad when this all stops.

Jetams..hi, I am so sorry to hear how painful it was for you when they took the stitch out...ooh. I hope you won't be in pain for too long. I will be thinking of you when you start working again. Take one day at a time. That is strange...I would see your doctor about your suture thread. I wouldn't like that hanging out of my vagina.

Well, my girls, take care of yourselves and have a lovely weekend.

Hugs and love to you all.

Angelika
Unread 04-28-2007, 06:47 AM

Happy Saturday, Sisters:

I am getting ready this morning for the annual WalkAmerica fund raiser. I have always been a huge power walker. However, have not done anything since the hyserectomy. Nothing like jumping in with both feet! I feel like I probably have walked 3 miles this week in Sam's Club alone! Wish me luck.

Zella - Congrats on the grandchild! How exciting!

Teacher30 - Do you think they have Margarita's in between us??? hehe (Thinking of all those small towns in bewtween us)

Jetams - Apparently, I have blue stitches too but have yet to see any hanging out of my vagina. Did you have vaginal repair?

Runplenty - Dang girl you put me to shame. I do think my lack of returning to the gym is my own laziness at this point. Not for lack of being able to. I am bored with my gym and the cliques were really bad before the hyster. I am trying to find other options.

Ellen54 - Congrats on the lbs lost. It is better in that direction for sure!

I am sure I have missed others, not to say you are not in my thoughts!

Wish me luck as I haul my lazy butt around the track. At least I will be doing it with some friends so it will go fast.

My moods are still all over the map. Hurt feelings, happiness, downright irritation....the list is endless. I do feel like I need a vacation. I think that will help tremendously. I have not left town for TWO YEARS. Last year DH was in the Middle East and it was just easier to stay put. Hoping we can take a lot of trips this summer.

Have a great weekend!

Marg
Unread 04-28-2007, 01:29 PM

Ibeshoppin - I'm sure there has got to be SOME place in all those dry counties out there that would serve some good margaritas! When I was out there, we'd always drive into either Tyler or Longview to find some life. Or, you can take a field trip out of the boonies and come up here to Dallas! Although I'm terrible trying to hold down my drinks, a few sips and I'm already getting tipsy. Good luck on your walkathon! You're brave for jumping back in!

Gald to hear from everyone else. Is anyone else still having trouble with swelly belly??? Mine was almost gone, and then I woke up this morning back to square one and 3 lbs on the scale

Other than that, doing good. Have a happy Saturday!
Unread 04-28-2007, 03:21 PM

Ibeshoppin, there was only pain for about two days. Once that was gone I could sit straight on my bottom. That is when I could finally do something without being in pain.
There is no more pain and I feel better than I did before the surgery. The 6wks of pain was well worth it!!! I also had lots of repairs done...bladder, rectum and intestine.
Unread 04-29-2007, 06:33 PM

3Dwoman - where in Colorado are you? I grew up in Aurora (subburb of Denver). I miss the mountains!
Unread 04-29-2007, 07:40 PM

Hi all,
Hope everyone's weekend has been going well. We've had great spring weather-spent about 4 hours at dtrs house yesterday helping her learn how to plant shrubs and flowers. Felt good to do vigorus work and wasn't very sore today which is a big improvement over last weekend. Other than that , pretty quiet weekend. I'm still adjusting to it being just DH and me so sometimes it's a bit too quiet but I guess that's called relaxing! (I have to relearn how to do that.) Took a great 2 mile walk with my neighbor tonight and chatted the whole time. Bet I'll sleep better tonight. (been having a couple nights of hot flashes/night sweats/multiple changes of pjs)
Not having any twinges or pelvic discomfort or anything nowadays (other than when I lifted something really heavy the other day) so I guess the healing from the surgery must really be just about done. It is really great not having the stress incontinence or vag dc anymore. I am still amazed each day not to have to wear even minipads! There were times when I wondered why I did this big of a surgery-wondering if my symptoms were really as bad as I thought they were- but now that I'm feeling more and more like myself.. I am very glad I had the surgery.
Angelika-it is so good to hear you are doing well-both physically and that you're laughing and joyful again.
I agree that I'd love to find a way that we can all keep in touch even after our hysterrecovery. Let's all think about that...Is there a way through this site?
ibeshoppin- I hope you and DH get some great vacation time together this summer. DH and I are going away this weekend -got a meeting out of town for a couple hours next Sat but it'll just be the two of us which will be good. (We're adjusting to the empty nest thing and relearning to be a "couple" but don't quite have the energy that we had 25 years ago which was the last time the nest was empty!)
3dwoman-good to hear from you!

Hope everyone has a good start to the week.
jetams-We will be thinking of you as you return to work this week. Take care.
Unread 04-29-2007, 08:44 PM

Hi Sisters:

Well WalkAmerica is over. I think using this as my return to exercise was a tad ambitious. I did it in the 82 degree sun. We did 3 miles in 42 minutes. We were hauling. In the passing lane! Suffice to say napping occurred later in the day.

I gardened all day today. I love to garden and got a lot of it in before the rain arrived.

I have a question for y'all? Do you have feelings of dryness in your netheregions? I have read that those tissues are pretty high maintenance. They don't like to be overwashed, need lots of estrogen, etc. Anyone else dealing with this?

I was dry before the hysterectomy and Premarin worked wonders. Also, today I had a very full bladder and sneezed....you guessed it. LEAKAGE. NEVER dealt with that before. Please tell me it is healing issues?

I know Kegal Kegal Kegal

Take care my friends
Marg

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register