Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 - Page 38 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Unread 02-22-2008, 09:20 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Morning Ladies -
I am writing from work. Not supposed to be "goofing around" on the internet, but I had to run out of the house really early today cause there is a big ice storm here and I wanted to beat the rush hour traffic. Didn't get a chance to log in from there before I left.

So far so good today. Worst problem is getting used to not being able to sleep in. It was so wonderful to just get out of bed when I was ready, rather than to the alarm clock in the dark. Yuck!!

One thing different. I was pretty much continuously seeing a small amount of pink/brown discharge until about Weds. Now it has changed to lighter spotting, but more lt brown/yellowish? I know - TMI, but wonderining if this is still normal? Not bad odor or pain, but just not what I expected. Of course I start wondering about this on a Friday, when I won't be able to go to the Drs for 2 days. Anyone have any advice?

Hope everyone is having a nice easy friday morning!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2008, 09:42 AM

Good Morning everyone,

Glad to hear everyone is doing good.

I have a question regarding leg pain. I dont have it all the time but when I wake up in the morning it always seems sore around my knees in the back of my legs. It is not a bad pain just a bit uncomfortable. I was wondering if anyone else is having this issue.

Thanks
Cindy
Unread 02-22-2008, 09:55 AM

Hi Everyone
I'm definitely having a step back day. No long walk today (of course, also our area is supposed to have all this ice and sleet--I can't tell from the window how bad it really is.)
I get pain where my leg ligaments connect to my pelvis. I know that the uterus actually connects to those ligaments, so I assume that is what causes this. I can't explain knee pain though.
Karen, this actually sounds like the bleeding is getting less to me...like you are continuing to heal. I think going from pinkish to brown yellow is a good sign.
Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2008, 10:06 AM
You joining that. lol

Ladys greeting to you all,
Thank you for the . It made me cry. very mood to day. lol. My Boyfriend was on his computer next to me when I joined. he said "you joining that", it made me feel sad. Then "why" to get info and to chat. lol I am going stir-crazy and need it. I will not be back to work until April. Hopefuly I will not have goning crazy buy then. lol.

Sassibella, I am in FL myself. It is one week today for the staples being removed and the steri strips came off yesterday. My incison is over my old one (17 years ago and 10 inchs long). The Dr. try to clean up the scare tissue at the bottom of it. lol Now I have a new incison (5 inchs long) that goes stright then the last 1 go to 7:00 (if you think of a clock) with a curve in it. Oh well my belly has more character to it now. The bottom is not healing good. There is a blood clot still working its way out, and there is a pocket of 1/4 inch skin. nasty and still brused. The Dr. say it will heal. Well Ladys have a great day.

Hugs,
Unread 02-22-2008, 10:07 AM

Oh, I forgot to ask--has anyone else felt dizzy after 2 weeks? I woke up this morning and felt like the ceiling was moving in circles. It hasn't happened again. I'm slightly freaking out because at the same time, I have a sore spot on the top of my foot, exactly where I had it in the hospital. Of course I'm wondering if I had a blood clot and it broke loose. I realize this is almost certainly just panic--so easy when we are sitting at home with nothing to do!
If I have any more dizziness I will contact my doc, but I'm just wondering....

Deb
Unread 02-22-2008, 10:08 AM

Hi, everyone. I am doing wonderful today. My 3 year old is playing hookie from preschool and I am loving having quality time and feeling like spending time with her. I took her to dance class last night and feel like I am finally on the downhill slide of recovery. I was told by my MD that some spotting was normal but if it started to increase to notify him. I would let MD know if you are worried just to be on the safe side because a bacterial infection can cause a discharge as well. I am so happy that the only discharge I had was the day after surgery. Not even any spotting. MD said it could be that I did not keep cervix????? I am ready : to go to post op my MD does his post op appointments at 4 weeks so I will see him next week. He will have the pathology report then, but more importantly I just want to be reassured that I am healing well. I feel great, but am still a littlr scared that something could go wrong internally with the healing process. ( I can not help but worry guess I have more time on my hands to think about what could happen ) Well, hope everyone has a great day and no step backs. I am going to get off computer and play with my daughter and make my daily walk to get it out of the way.
Corrina
Unread 02-22-2008, 10:59 AM

Morning all.. sounds like everyone is doing pretty well today! I had breakfast with a dear friend i have not seen in about 4 months. He has been a great source of help in teaching me more about my digital cameras and photography and we have a lot in common. He has taken some amazing pictures of our almost 3 year grandaughter. Anyway, he told me I looked amazing! lol.. Usually when i see him, we are hiking thru woods or cross country skiiing with hats and gloves and the like on,, or grubby jeans and dirty sneakers, no makeup, etc. But of course today i actually put some makeup on, my hair is longer than it has been in a while. Anyway, it was nice to get the compliment at a time when im not feeling "amazing". Think I will tell my husband.. a little jealousy couldnt hurt! lol
Other than that im tired today..have had a pretty few days and now that im home i think i will take it easy and rest the afternoon away. I am making chicken parmesan for dinner tonight, but its not difficult .
I woke up feeling a little dizzy this morning too, and "shaky" is the only way i can describe it.. ive been told before this could be the result of the anemia. Im not taking iron because i do have an ulcer, but i do take a multivitamin with iron in it, smaller amount than suggested but i also try and eat foods rich in iron and eat Total cereal almost every morning.
Okay, time for some lunch and a little nap i think.
Enjoy your day all!
Unread 02-22-2008, 11:18 AM

HI everyone,

Well, I have finally risen from the dark depth of my bed. haha! I woke up this morning at 6:30 to help get the kids up and off to school, but then got just extremely exhausted around 8 AM, and I just crawled back into bed and fell fast asleep. I don't know why I get these waves of exhaustion. Yesterday, I only took one nap and didn't feel "exhausted" all day. But, this morning, I couldn't think of anything I wanted to do but go back to bed. haha. Oh well... guess my body is just telling me so SLEEP!

Karen, I actually thought of exactly what you wrote today. Soon I will not have the luxury to just sleep when I want and just rest all day. I was thinking this morning as I crawled back into bed that I need to really be appreciating this now because slowly, my life will get getting back to normal. I know once I hit the 6-week mark, I'll be back full-force, which is a life that goes at a 1,000 mile per hour pace.

I'm glad you're doing well, though, Karen! I also think that your bleeding is getting better. I would be worried if the blood looked red and fresh, but I think brownish/yellow shows it's coming to an end!

Bluejay:

Welcome!! Well, tell our boyfriend that this forum is NECESSARY for your recovery! Guys don't fully understand. My husband doesn't care at all that I write into here and use this site all the time, but he'll see me on the computer and he'll say stuff like, "writing into your hysterectomy friends again?" It's just the way he says it as if he thinks I'm spending way too much time on this.... OK... yes, I do spend a lot of time reading these boards, but you know... it is what keeps my sanity and it is what makes me realize what I'm experiencing is normal, and the fact I sit here at home all day not able to do much yet, it just gives me something to do to pass my time. To me, it's like having a bunch of friends in my family room at all times to hang out with. haha!!! So, just tell your BF that it's a necessity and you NEED it! haha.

Ok, so here's a quick update on me:

1) I TRULY think I've turned a corner. Yesterday, I did NOT take a Percocit until 8 PM.... YES... I made it from 8 PM the night before to 8 PM last night! HUGE progres in my mind. It is 10 AM and I have only taken Ibuprofin, and I still don't feel I need a Percocit, so I MAY be down now to one every 24 hours!! WOO HOO!! The pain is getting less or more manageable. I still have pain, but it's tolerable. I am walking around better, too. So, I THINK I'm really turning a corner!

2) I'm thankful for friends and my DH who care about me and are able to override ME without feeling timid to override me. Let me explain. So, you all know I have planned to go back to teaching my ESL class on Tuesday, right? Well, my DH has been saying all week that I should cancel my class and not go back next week. I've been telling him I'll be fine.... blah, blah, blah. Well, my DH then talked to a friend of mine who helps me in an indirect way with this class.... she's not IN the class, but she helps with planning etc. My DH went to her (without telling me) and told her he's concerned about me going back to my class next week. He is mostly concerned that I have to sit up straight in a chair for 2 hours and teach, which is just really different than just "talking". Plus, from the parking lot to my classroom, it's a pretty long walk, actually, and I'll have my bag with me with my supplies that I'll have to carry, etc. Anyway, so my friend also agreed I should not teach. SOOOOOO, last night, I got an email from this friend of mine. She told me my DH went to her and she pretty much said in the email that she does not want me to teach next week, and she said she would step in and teach for me. WOW!!!!! She has her own job, so she is actually taking time out of her job to go and teach for me so we don't have to cancel the class. How amazing is that??!!

I did not tell you guys this other detail before, but the main reason both my DH and my friend do not want me teaching next week is because I have an important meeting to go to on Thursday next week. This is a really long story, but the short of it is this course I'm teaching, I created and developed it, and it will be published this fall. It is really amazing, and it is actually being tested globally in 12 different countries right now. Once it is published, it'll be distrubed all over the world. it's a SUPER long story, so I won't go into it, but there is a very high demand for this course.... it was just an idea I had a couple years ago, and I realized there was no course like this anywhere, so I took it upon myself to write and create it.

Ok, so I told you that detail because on Thursday, i have a very important meeting with publishers and some other people who are part of making this all move forward to a global product, and I NEED to have my head on straight for this meeting. So, my DH and my friend are concerned if I teach on Tuesday that I'll be flat on my back Wednesday and possibly Thursday and I won't have my head on straight Thursday for this meeting.

I think they might be right.

The other reason is Saturday March 1, I am holding a special training class for this course.... again.... another LONG story, but it's a very important thing I need to be at to make this move forward.... long story.... and I NEED to be GOOD for that, too. So, both my DH and my friend think out of all 3 of these things I have next week, the least important is my class, and they all feel that me doing all 3 of these things next week will be too much for me too soon.

Ok, so NOW you probably got WAY more detail than you ever wanted to know, but I figured w/out explanation, it might not make as much sense.

SO, all in all, I'm GLAD my DH went to my friend becauase I think I kind of needed the "intervention" because I've been convincing myself in my mind that I can do all of this fine next week.... ON top of my DH being out of town Tue - Th. next week and me having the kids, etc.

So, I feel good now. My parents also told me they'd help out as much as I need with the kids when my DH is gone... so I will take them up on that. My mom said she'd even come over in the evenings just to put them to bed. It's a big production.... bath, brush teeth, jammies, story time.... so my mom said she'd come over next week to do bed time so I don't have to.

SO, I am feeling SO much better next week and not freaking out now.

Ok, so sorry for the novel... but I'm doing well, and I seem to be making a few steps forward these last couple days.

Take care everyone!
Kathy
Unread 02-22-2008, 11:26 AM

Paula,

I think you and I posted about the same time. I just read your post.

I think your digital photography is SO amazing. I love pictures, although, I don't know a thing about taking pictures other than saying, "smile, say cheese..... CLICK". My mom enjoys photography and she got a really good picture of the Lunar Eclipse a couple days ago. We had an AMAZING view of the Eclipse here! Did all you guys see it???

Anyway, I forgot to say earlier that I TOO am glad you got your brownies finally!! Oh, the important things in life that make SUCH a difference to us!! :-)

As for dizziness, the only time i get that is when I get up off the couch too fast, but I think that is different than what you all are experiencing. I don't feel dizzy just sitting down or laying in bed. But, there have been several times I have stood up from my couch or chair and I suddenly feel incredibly dizzy and have to sit down immediate fearing I'll fall. haha. As soon as I sit down for 10 seconds or so, then I'm fine. But, I think this has to do with just laying down for a long time and then just getting up too fast.

What do you all think?? You know, I think I might ask about this on the forum below. Now, I'm curious now that I'm really thinking about it.

Well enjoy your nap, Paula! I live for naps these days. :-)

Take care,
kathy
Unread 02-22-2008, 11:39 AM

You know Paula, I think what you are describing is what you get with a sudden change of blood pressure. I know that's why they make you first sit, then put your legs over the bed, then stand, all slowly, at first in the hospital. I wonder if that is what is happening with me--I'll watch and check. Thanks!
Karen, all that information and you didnt tell us WHAT THE COURSE IS ABOUT?!!!
That's great about your DH and your friend.
WARNING KIDS Mentioned
My kids have had the same violin teacher for years, and she just offered to come to the house to teach them so I don't have to drive. Today is the first day I can drive, but I dont really feel up to it, so I think I'm going to say thank you very much and take her up on it. I don't think my first drive should be on an icy day when I'm feeling lightheaded....
I'm back on the couch, with my tea and turkey bacon (favorite snack in this house, I know its weird, but its low fat, no nitrates, yada yada and we all eat tons of it.) Going to do some nice, easy, sitting down paperwork and aNAP!
Deb

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register