Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 - Page 80 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Unread 03-06-2008, 03:59 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Hi everyone,

Well I have had the worst couple days, really bad pain out of no where, no sleep, no appetite. So I call my Dr. yesterday morning and had my appointment for next week switch to tomorrow morning. Then the nurse said she would have the Dr. call the pharmacy with something for me, since he only gave me enough pain pill for 3 days and yesterday was my one month anniversary. So I went to get the prescription and it was for a medication that I have had a severe reaction to before (and I reminded the nurse of this when I spoke with her) So I ended up with nothing I can use except the tylenol for another whole day. So today has been miserable again!!!!

I am sure there will be no sleep worth mentioning tonight so I should be looking even worse than I already do when I arrive at the Dr's in the morning. I really hope there is nothing wrong, like a infection or something but it does kinda feel that way.

I will post tomorrow, I need to get back in bed my 15 minutes are up and I really hurt.

I wish everyone a good, sleepful, painless night!

Michelle

TAH, Oophectomy left Ovary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2008, 04:12 PM

ITTR - you need to go through the suggest a doctor on this website and put your original doctor up as one not to consider! There really should be some sort of recourse against these docs with attitudes.

Giz - so jealous, it sounds wonderful! We had a heat wave today of about 42 - but at least we avoided the snow storm that hammered other parts of MO (St Louis got 9" on Tues).

Guess I need to figure out something to fix for dinner since I kind of forgot to pull anything out of the freezer - and I'm not wanting to go out and about since I've been in all day and look that way.

If someone comes up with a miracle way of getting to sleep, let me know. Seems that what was working just isn't helping as much - though HRT was supposed to help with this as well....

Have a great evening!
Cheryl
Unread 03-06-2008, 04:21 PM

Gizmax: I also have restless leg syndrom. I have had this for several years. I take mirapax. It works great. They think that anemia could be the cause and once that is under control the restless leg will go away.

Sleeping is still a problem even with meds.

Well the sun is finally out so I am going to go sit on the deck with the radio and enjoy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2008, 04:36 PM

Hi everyone,

Karen: It's good to hear from you. I've been wondering where you were, but I also figured you were feeling so great that you were back to your normal life. :-)

That is great your appointment went well and everything has checked out just fine! I cannot believe your story about your first doctor! Oh my goodness... that is insane. Any doctor should be able to handle a second opinion. Wow... I'm really glad you went with your gut and listened to your friends and went with this other doctor. He sounds like a great doctor! I wonder what he thought about your other doctor cancelling your surgery w/out your permission? Does your current doctor know that story?

well, here's an update on me as of now:

I'm actually feeling ok today. Not 100% by any means, but out of this whole week, I'd say today I feel the best. I met with my personal trainer today. it was great to see him!!! I've been working out with him for 4 years, and so he knows me really well. He ended up not helping me stretch. He decided he was not comfortable with that based off of all that I told him I'm feeling inside. So, we sat and talked for the hour instead. He just wanted every detail about the surgery, my recovery, and then we made a plan for the next 4 weeks (assuming my doctor will be OK with this plan, which I'll run it by my doctor next Friday when I see him).

I asked my trainer if he's surprised I'm still not feeling 100% by now, given how fit I am to begin with. He said, "NO, I'm not at all surprised." That made me feel better because before my surgery, I had people (not him), but other people tell me, "you'll snap back so fast because you're so fit." He told me he's not surprised because I had my appendix out, too. He said even if I only had my uterus out, he would not be surprised. He talked about all of the physical things that happen after removing an organ and in my case, two organs, and it's all stuff I've heard before, but it was good to hear it from him.

I TOTALLY forgot to ask him about the involuntary body stretches... shoot.... I'm seeing him again next week. I can ask him then.

Well, one thing he really wants me to do, and at first I thought he was CRAZY, but after he went in more depth on it, it made sense... he wants me to book a massage. I told him how could I get a massage... I can't even lay on my tummy, AND I don't want ANYONE rubbing even remotely close to my abdomen... no even my lower back.

At our health club, there is a whole spa attached to it. He uses one particular massage therapist at this spa who is a sports massage therapist. He said he's only recommend her, and he told me he is going to talk to her personally about me. He wants me to make an appointment with this woman. Bascially, my trainer said what he wants her to do with me, IF I'm comfortable is have me lay on my back on the table, and she's just massage my neck, shoulders, and upper back, adn she can put her hands under my back while i'm on my back, and that way I don't have to lay on my tummy. He said he wants her to massage my arms as well. And, he wants her to massage my feet, calves, and if I'm comfortable, my quads and hamstrings... I think it'd be fine for the quads and hammy's as long as she doesn't pull the skin, which would make the skin pull on my abdomen.

Anyway, my trainer said he's going to talk to her indepth and bring all his notes he took today about what is going on with me, and make sure she understands my situation. Then, he said he'll email me and tell me to make an appointment after he talks with her. He said when I go, he said to STRICTLY tell her where to massage, and he said he guarentees she'll do exactly what I say.

He said he wants me to do this because just looking at me, he could see my whole body is tense, and he said that he wants me to start getting my muscles relaxed and less tense and that'll really help me get back into working out much easier once I get the OK and once I'm ready. He said if I started to workout like I am right now, he said he would not let me do it.... he said if I don't get a massage, he said the first session we have together where I can actually workout, he'll only spend just stretching really good.

Bascially, he does not want me to get an injury. He said my muscles are porbably all in knots right now and tight and I need to loosen them and get them relaxed before I can start up lifting weights and any cario... that TOTALLY made sense, and honestly, a massage sounds SOOOOOO good.

So, he'll email me today or tomorrow after he talks to this woman, and I'll book a massage with her sometime next week, hopefully, and just get an upper back, neck, shoulders, head, arms, feet, calves, and possible quads and hamstrings massage... Oh, that sounds WONDERFUL!! He said he wants me to get a massage once a week, if possible, for the next 4 weeks and that'll really help me loosening my muscles.

So, it was a great time together, and I felt we accomplished a lot, even though I didn't work out. :-) I'm meeting him again next Thursday, and then I go to my doctor on Friday, and HOPEFULLY I'll get the OK to start working out again, and so the week after next, I'll go back to meeting my trainer twice a week, adn we'll start slowly

I told him today that as of right now, I'm guessing it'll be 8 - 10 weeks post-op until I'll start running again. That is how I feel now... mabye I'll feel different in a couple weeks.

Well, I hope you all are doing well.... :-) Looks like today some of you are having a better day. I knwo I am... still hurting definitely, but I just feel better today overall.

Oh, I told my trainer about this web site. He thought it was SO cool that I was able to connect with other women who were going through the same thing. He said it made him feel better because obviously, HE cannot fully understand what I've been though, and he knows I don't have friends here who can understand, so he thought this web site was awesome. So, he asked me about the other women who were at the same stage as me. I pretty much told him that most of us are all going through the same things in how we are feeling, so he felt encouraged by that as well. So, just thought I'd tell you all that I talked about all you guys to my trainer and told him how great you all are!! Awwwwww!! ;-)

Ok, hope everyone is having a great day!!
Unread 03-06-2008, 04:36 PM

Im with you K9crazy.. if someone comes up with a way to sleep let me know too! Ive forced myself not to nap this afternoon, i walked a mile this morning, did some wash, cleaned the stove, went to the bookstore. Im trying to stay busy but not overdue it. Hopefully it will work and i will sleep. I was doing okay until about 1/2 hour ago, now the swelly belly and achiness has hit. So the rest of the night is going to be tv or reading on the couch.
Have a good evening all.
Unread 03-06-2008, 04:42 PM

LTR.... a massage makes sooooooooooo much sense! I know my muscles are tense and i can see how it would be easy to go back to exercise and hurt something . How great that you have a trainer who can give a specific massage therapist specific instruction just for you! Thats great and sounds wonderful.
Unread 03-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Sleeping

Hi to all beautful ,

I have been taking Symplex F (7780) by Standard Process Inc. Two at each meal Dr. orders (My other Dr.). I am sleeping now. Almost all night (dog gets me up to go out side). It has "Calcium, magnesium citrate, bovine ovary PMG th extract, bovine adrenal PMG th extract, bovine pituitary PMG th extract, bovine thyroid PMG th extract." It also is helping with hotflash and the coldflash to. It is sold on Amazon. I got my from my Dr. I hope we all get great sleep very soon.

The meds are working so far felling better today. I also found my BF halfbrother in FL (their is 32 year apart). I talk to his wife and she is going to send me pic of his father. Going to be birthday gift in Augest for him. His father die when he was 11. He does not talk to his brother, some long time ago fight. BF only has 3 pic of is dad. Well got to go.
Unread 03-06-2008, 06:46 PM

Hi All
Karen, I am sorry that your first doctor did that-incredibly unprofessional. My doc strongly recommends second opinions and almost won't do hysterectomies without one (I assume with exceptions for emergency situations.) You can borrow my doc (she's in DC) --er, but not my DH.

Billyjack, UGH. I'm so sorry. I hope they can clear up whatever is brewing quickly.

Bluejay, what a neat idea.

I never got my walk today, really, because I had to go chaperone this rehearsal of a play my daughter is in (she will be Katherine in Taming of the Shrew, next Friday and Saturday--one reason I wanted my surgery as soon as possible was so that I could be in decent shape to watch her--that was before the daily labor-type pains started--then it was just needing pain relief!) I did walk a fair bit inside the school-- its so big it felt like maybe a mile just int he school! Even so, I am worried that tonight will be a bad sleep night. I do find that timing my pain meds for a half hour before bed is helpful, and walking is helpful, but I can't say that I have found a solution for good sleep everynight.
I also have that semi-involuntary stretchthing--I find it painful. Very weird.

Two more weeks until I get my postop check up. I can't say I regret it--I definitely don't feel ready for resuming my regular activity yet!

Deb
Unread 03-06-2008, 07:19 PM

Tylenol pm X2 at bedtime....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Unread 03-06-2008, 07:21 PM

Giz: That's great to know where you are. Not far from my (estranged) sister who is in Dungog..I cannot beleive that she has been in Oz for 39 years now.

I made it through my ship tour and inspection and even a lecture session and then a brainstorming session with a District Sales Manager from Crystal cruises. It is now 9:30 pm and I am going to go walk the dog, get into bed and read my book.. The it is back to the port for day 2 of the conference.

I did better then I thought i would - and I am producing more urine so maybe this third antibiotic round is working (oh please..let it work..)

I thought of you all all day and was anxious to get hoem to see what new goings on you all had to report for the day.

Looking forward to checking in tomorrow

Jax

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register