Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 - Page 92 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Unread 03-11-2008, 02:49 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyjo
Question.... I saw someone else mention "brain fog" and I wondered if it was what I was experiencing or if others are experiencing.

I can be in the middle of a sentence and forget a word.. not a big seldom used word but a normal word and I just cant grasp it. It is like my brain is a record and occationally it just starts skipping. I was oredering food the other day talking with a friend and telling him about a favorite restaurant of mine in Newport Beach Ca. Anyway during this conversation I completely forgot the type of food it was.. I remembered the actual food but not the country of origin. It took me like 10 minutes to grasp it all the while I am like what the heck is wrong with me?? Then today I did it again. My friend came over to help me groom my doggies and I said to her.. "you know whats funny"? Then blank.... I totally forgot what I was going to say! I still have no clue what it was.

I was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing this. I wonder was it the drugs from surgery and after or am I just losing my mind?

Well I better get to bed, it is almost 2am. I had a busy busy day again and I am hoping to sit around on my butt all day tomorrow :-)

Cindy

Cindy, this happens to me a lot, too!! I have no idea what causes it, but I kind of wonder if it has to do with the fact that our brains are probably working hard right now at trying to heal our body, and so maybe our brain shuts down, or lessens the abilities in other parts in our brain in order to put more energy and power to the part of the brain that heals, and maybe the parts of the brain it slows down is the vocabulary part!! haha.

Ok, who knows.... that was just a wild guess at 2 AM....

But, this does happen to me, too. So, you're not alone! I also forget things easily, too. Like I'll forget something I did the day before, or something that happened 2 weeks ago that normally I would have never forgotten. It's pretty wild!

-Kathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2008, 03:03 AM
Go TO Bed! lol

Wht are you guys like - its way too late to be up and typing away, you should all be asleep and dreaming wild and exciting dreams. Its alright for me to be up its morning here. Isnt it fun the not sleepint thing???? The thing that works for me is hot milk with honey in it - partly all in the mind I am sure and partly scientific as milk contains tryptophan and that helps the body to sleep.

Kathy - I am from England, I live in a village in Lancashire, with the nearest big city being Manchester. My daughter lives in London so I love to go and visit her, see all the sights, my favourite places are the markets like Camden (although that has just burnt down) and Portobello and I love going to the Tate Modern and walking along the river and watching the street artists perform. And I love the choice of restaurnats, my daughter lives in Clapham and walking distance from her appartment are about 20 different restaurants, all different ethnic origings, FANTASTIC. But I would hate to live there full time, much too busy, too many people.

Gizmax- where in Austrlia do you live? My son lives in Sydney and I miss him soooo much. We speak on the phone loads but I havent seen him face to face for nearly a year and some days it physically hurts how much I miss him. I am so sorry you are feeling bad. The black dog of depression is a horrible pit to be in and I am sure that intellectually you know all the thngs you should/shouldnt do but that can just add to the guilt that always seems to go with depression. I have no magic words but I am sending you a genuine hug of support and no matter what else you do BE KIND TO YOURSELF.

Ally xx
Unread 03-11-2008, 06:50 AM

Morning all!

Cindy YES I get the brain fog. In fact, we were dogsitting my DH's boss' dog Saturday and Sunday and they arrived (boss and his wife) and we were talking about different things. Restaurants came up and I was trying to remember a restaruant my friend took me to for my birthday a couple years ago... it kept escaping me! I was explaining how it was on the ocean etc then I told them to forgive me I was having a menopausal moment lol. They're sweet people, we laughed about it and lo and behold my friend shows up so I jump her with the question HAH she remembered

Well I'm on my way to my doctor's appointment. I'll let you guys know how it went. Have a great day!!

~Sass/Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2008, 07:14 AM

Morning all...YES to the brain fog..YES to insomnia...YES to more pain than i thought at this point..YES to thinking I should still be under a Drs care, YES YES YES to almost every symptom everyone is having! LOL... Last night was better sleeping, but i was still awake.. took the vicodin though, and that calms and takes away some of the pain. Belly was really swollen last night, I was out of the house from 1030 to 4 yesterday.. and all weekend i was pretty busy too.. too much i guess. I worry that Im overdueing it because my belly hurts, not inside so much as outside... that burning, then the numbness too of the nerves, and the incision seems to hurt more now than it did last week.... whats with that!??!?! I dont know if i should just work thru this and keep going some within limits or veg out on the couch. AM I the only one that never seems to be without some pain? My lower abdomen, i feel it all the time, worse at the end of the day of course. Im so tired of this, just would like to wake up and feel good for a change!

Gixmax.... Im sorry you are feeling bad, depression is a tough tough disease to overcome. I hope you can find the help you need.

CindyJo,,, the brain fog.. OMG! lol,... okay im 54, and going thru menopause already so ive been there awhile, but the surgery has made it worse.I was at Borders the other day getting a few books, wandered into the childrens section and bought a few books for my granddaughter, a couple of cute little toys... and of course forgot to take them with me when we saw her last Sat.! Forgot my camera that same day too.. I NEVER go to see Lanie without my camera, she changes so fast ( almost 3) i want to capture every stage.... well this time i did.

Well. i told my staff i would be in this morning for a while and i havent even gotten out of my pjs or had a shower or eaten breakfast. With trying to work its almost impossible to have the energy to go and walk and go to work too, that would be way too much in a day for me right now.

Sass/Linda...let us know how your appt went. AT 4weeks, my Dr didnt even do an internal exam, said i was cleared to go back to work part time if i wanted to , noheavy lifting or intercourse (like thats a problem!) for 2 more weeks, and ... done... call her if the HRT wasnt working well enough or if i wanted her to prescribe the sleeping aid. I feel sort of not ready to be out of a drs care... but i do know i can always call her... she is really great and has a wonderful caring staff too, just seems too soon and after ready all the posts im suprised she didnt do an internal. I did ask her, she said it wasnt necessary, my symptoms or lack of them would be a guide. Ive trusted her this long, guess i will continue to.

Kathy.. glad you got to the store yesterday! It is liberating isnt it, to do for yourself?

Roberta.... you have a wonderful sense of humor, i so enjoy reading your posts...re: the dogs, bird, etc! lol

Okay off to the shower..I may reevaluate going to work after that.
Have a great day all.
Unread 03-11-2008, 07:31 AM

Hi to everyone!! I have enjoyed reading all your posts,just have not really had energy to post-I'm somewhat keyboard callenged!!
Anyway,my recovery seems to be pretty much like everyone else's:fatigue,stretches,mood swings. My hubby's been great-helping with everything and so understanding!!
Last night I made my first dinner all by myself since surgery!! I thought we were having his 2 girls(17 yr old and 14 year old) last night so I thought it would be a good family night. But instead they had plans at their mom's house,so it was just hubby and me!! And he was so excited that I surprised him with a full dinner!! It was just meatloaf,green bean cassarole and oven browned potatoes but he was over the top appreciative!! And I cleaned up an did dishes-loaded the dishwasher!!
And, I had my 2 and 1/2 year old grandson all day-he's my best medicine!! And when he naps(4 hours yesterday) I nap!!
I watch my grandson 2 full days an 2 half days a week. Today is a half day. he comes after lunch,plays for a hour and then we nap!
It's really great being able to have him-and he understands"Naany" that's me, can't pick him up yet.
That's my update-Love to all my sisters-so glad I found you!!
Kay
PS name chosen because I had 2 spinach salads within the last 2 days and they were so-o-o-o good!!
Unread 03-11-2008, 08:18 AM

Cindy---Think that was me that mentioned the brain fog. In the begining it was really bad and I thought I should just trade brains with someone. It was getting somewhat better not very fast. I would be in a consversation with friends at lunch and in mid sentence the mouth would be open and nothing would come out. Complete dead, no information from the brain, of course I could utter some naughty words. Did'nt forget those, HA, HA. When I added testostrone to the hormones my mind has come back to almost normal. Hang in there.

Specs54----YES to everything you said. I had a big weekend also and my tummy alway seems to hurt on the outside. Lord don't run into anything. I am sure that why it hurts to wear jeans.

Oh yea before the brain fog starts in again I would not try to vacumne yet. I did yesterday on the downstairs carpet. Very slow and controlled. There was no pain while I did it. However afterwards around one of the incision sites on the right side it started to stab me back. I went grocery shopping after the vacumning and it really started to bother me. Felt like perhaps a small tear, nothing that would not heal in a short time. In fact today I do not feel it much. I figured that since I go back to work on Monday that I should practice with a few things to see how it goes. Of course I don't vacumne at work but I do move a lot of things. Live and learn.

As far as being in consent pain. I am but it is varing degrees. If I feel pain then I know that something I did was not right. This is because I have an extremely high pain tolerence and really don't know when I am in pain until it is to late. So with this recovery I am trying to be more careful. Not that I am getting it right mind you.

well I hear DH up. He has to go for a dr. appt this morn. His psa was sightly elevated. So now I need to give him a list of questions for the dr.

Bye for now
Kelly
Unread 03-11-2008, 08:24 AM
Out for lunch

Just got back from my first outing since the surgery - went to the local garden centre for lunch with my mum. It was sooooo nice to see other people doing normal things, there is a world outside my sitting room. I walked around as if I was the 70 year old woman, not my mum! The lunch was fab but the drive there and back was like a form of torture. Why oh why are there pot holes in the road? And why do other drivers just stop suddenly or pull out suddenly, is it simpley to cause me pain?

but now I am back home and guess what - I am tired. Surprise surprise, so I think I will hit the nap position and have a little doze.

Catch you later
ally
Unread 03-11-2008, 08:45 AM

Hi
I had a very painful weekend, which I am sure was because I had to do too much during the week,--a lot of school appointments, kid activities, and DH was traveling. I spent yesterday on the couch and yesterday and today felt much better. But I can't live on the couch!
I have a HUGE list of chores to do during this medical leave (I almost wrote vacation. Hah!) I have actually done a number that can be done on the lap top from the couch, but I REALLY need to get the tax papers ready for the accountant and buy DH new life insurance and stuff like that, and either I can't concentrate or the kids are home--or our German guest is around. I love havin gher but I didnt realize how much that would cut into my chores time, which is pretty limited given that I don't really have energy in the mornings, and I try to walk in the afternoons and then the kids come home. Oh well.
I am still not sure I will be ready to go back to work in 2 weeks. I am really nervous about that. I don't mind being tired but I really don't want to be in pain...
Deb
Unread 03-11-2008, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specs54
AM I the only one that never seems to be without some pain? My lower abdomen, i feel it all the time, worse at the end of the day of course. Im so tired of this, just would like to wake up and feel good for a change!

Paula: NO you are not the only one!! I always have some sort of pain... I have had pain since day 1 of my surgery. Some days it's much less than others, but I always have something, and there is always a dull ache. You are NOT alone.

Ok, I'll type more later today... kind of in a hurry. I'm SO worn out this morning.... I do not feel well (I'm just tired and just have NO energy.... ). I'm not looking forward to my class today. I have a woman who helps me and she does quite a bit....we have a lot of discussion time in the class, and she is the one who leads the discussions.... so I teach and she leads the discussions. It's really nice because I can sit back and relax during the discussion time and just listen, but I don't have to enter in. Well, she JUST called me and said her daughter is sick and she cannot be in class today.... ugh!! That means I have to do all of the teaching PLUS lead all of the discussions... I bascially will be "ON" for the full 9:30 - 12:00. Oh my goodness... I hope I don't pass out!

Luckily, I don't have a ton of pain right now... just the typical dull ache, but I really just want to crawl into bed and go to sleep right now.

So, I am sure when i get home, I will be just getting right into bed to sleep!

Ok, that's all.... I now and regrettign going out to the store yesterday... I think I woudl have more energy if I didn't do all that I did yesterday.

ugh.

take care everyone.
Kathy
Unread 03-11-2008, 09:57 AM

Good Morning! I am so glad that many are feeling better and doing so much! I feel like I should be doing more, but am so afraid of landing back at the castle! I have had very little pain, but lately it seem to be stabbing pain every now and then! I am 5 weeks today, but last night I am sure I pulled something in my sleep. I woke up feeling stiff, sore and tired! I am counting the days to see the doctor, next Wednesday! I cannot wait, I am still not allowed to drive! Living in the country, I feel very isolated, but thankfully DH is great! He does so much and drives me around and has been really sweet! Brain fog is also happening to me! But slowly the fog is lifting! Each day brings new hope and a day closer to full recovery! I know that all these weeks have been long and frustrating, but I must say it is almost nothing compared to life every month with fibroids and the pain and exhaustion! I look forward to a great Spring...finally no more snow and a life back to what it used to be. Talk about a fountain of youth, I hope I have found one! Maybe a stretch, but something to think about! Take care girls and it is such a joy to read and share your lives!
Bonibeary
TAH massive fibroids, kept the ovaries!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register