Scheduled TAH Upcoming surgery 3/8. High anxiety and stress! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming surgery 3/8.  High anxiety and stress! Upcoming surgery 3/8. High anxiety and stress!

Unread 03-03-2016, 07:07 PM
Upcoming surgery 3/8. High anxiety and stress!

I have had a TAH scheduled for the past 3 weeks following a diagnostic laparoscopy when I found out my "minor" problem was in fact a major problem. The day of my laparoscopy I was informed that the only course of treatment was a total hysterectomy. I thought I had accepted it but as it gets closer I find myself overwhelmed with anxiety, depression and stress. It has gotten so bad that I can not fall asleep at night and just want to cry most of the day.

On top of all of that my doctor finally completed my LOA papers for work and has me returning to work on 4/5/16 when these past 3 weeks he's told me I would be off for 8 weeks. This doesn't seem normal to me. I work with a lady who had a Da Vinci hysterectomy done last year and was off for 4 weeks and she has a desk job. When I return to work it means back to 90 hours a week, walking 13 miles a day and constantly bending and lifting things.

All of this together has me so overwhelmed. Everyone in my family is sympathetic but no one really understands. I am the only one in my family to ever have anything like this. And now my doctor won't even listen to me. I feel like I'm losing my mind.

Please help...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2016, 07:51 PM
Re: Upcoming surgery 3/8. High anxiety and stress!

Hi Fairspirit to HysterSisters!

I am so glad you found this site.

All of your feelings, emotions, nerves and anxiety are very normal. This is one tough surgery to face and digest.

Talk to your doctor again about your job duties. They seem too demanding to go back so soon, and I agree that you need the full 8 weeks off. You will also be under lifting restrictions (probably 10 lbs for 6 weeks and 20 lbs for 8 weeks). You will also be VERY EXHAUSTED. Hopefully you can convince your doctor.

I had a TAH BSO, and I went back to work to a moderate stress desk job after 3 weeks. But, I could only do part time work for another 4 weeks. After that, I went back full time (40 hours) but no OT. I could not have imagined being on my feet all day. Even after 7 weeks, I was still had no stamina, and would come home from work and rest.

I too was the the only one in my family to have a hysterectomy. No one really understood what I was going through. It was very frustrating. On this site, we all understand what you are going through and we are here for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register