How long does LSH take? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How long does LSH take? How long does LSH take?

Unread 07-26-2006, 03:58 PM
How long does LSH take?

I had my LSH on 7/18, just 8 days ago. I was told it would be about 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours long. It ran about 2 hrs. and 15 mins. I had a 13 week enlarged uterus full of adenomyosis, cyst on rt. ovary, small fibroids, and endometriosis removed. I kept my cervix and both ovaries. The lady's LSH before me took 4 hours because the dr. said there was a lot of scar tissue to work around. Everyone has different circumstances. Anyway, I was in recovery for 2 hrs. then sent home with pain and nausea meds. I slept so good that night in my OWN bed. I felt amazingly good until about day 4 and 5. I feel better today, day 8. I think I overdid it those other days because I did feel pretty darn good. My dr. told me about the possibility of mini-periods too because I kept my cervix and yes, she did cauterize it. I had some spotting on Day 5 that lasted one day and I could tell my ovaries were ovulating...so I wonder if that was a period? It was that time of the month. It only lasted one day and I used a pantiliner twice that day. Nothing to it. No more backache - dr. told me that I had a ton of endo behind my ovaries which she removed. Yes, I did get shaved all the way down there for surgery prep...they said in case it ended up being a other than an LSH they wanted to be ready to go in. Good luck to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2006, 04:04 PM
How long does LSH take?

Uugggghhh, that is not what i wanted to hear!!! I remember how much it itched "down there" after they shaved me for both of my c-sections when the hair started to grow back in!!! I was hoping I would get away with that not happeneing with LSH! Did they shave you before or after they put you under? I guess I will be trimming real well tonight in hopes it won't be that big of a deal for them if they have to do it! But God I hope not!
Unread 07-26-2006, 04:23 PM
Sammyjohns

They shaved/prepped me before I was put out. In fact, it was the girl's second day of work. But she was very professional and we laughed and joked about it. She was telling me she had to have an emergency hyst and now she had no time to prepare for anything. She said she just remembered telling the dr. that "she couldn't have surgery right now...she had so many things she had to do." Then she woke up in recovery and the dr. said it's all over and everything is fine. Drugs are amazing these days. LOL The best to you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register