Wearing PJ's to and from the hospital for hysterectomy - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Wearing PJ's to and from the hospital for hysterectomy Wearing PJ's to and from the hospital for hysterectomy

Unread 09-01-2014, 05:08 PM
Re: Wearing PJ's to and from the hospital for hysterectomy

I am planning on wearing a pair of comfy sweatpants and my favorite really worn in Tshirt. I have a small travel size pillow that I am also planning on bringing. My sis made it for me and it is filled with the remains of my childhood blankie. I use it whenever I have a procedure or surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-01-2014, 05:25 PM

I wore PJ's home for over two hour ride and had a tummy and neck pillow and blanket in the car. I did get PJ's that were very stretchy in the waist (actually bought a size larger too.) I also bought a size larger of one of the stretchy pull over bras for the trip home. The girls needed the support almost as much as my tummy. I still haven't worn a regular bra. I couldn't have worn my regular jams after the surgery due to a little swelling.
Unread 09-01-2014, 05:44 PM
Wearing PJ's to and from the hospital for hysterectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet1211 View Post
I am planning on wearing a pair of comfy sweatpants and my favorite really worn in Tshirt. I have a small travel size pillow that I am also planning on bringing. My sis made it for me and it is filled with the remains of my childhood blankie. I use it whenever I have a procedure or surgery.
Oh my goodness, that is the nicest way to preserve a childhood blankie I've ever heard of!! What a special comfort item to take with you.

Hugs and best of luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-01-2014, 05:46 PM
Wearing PJ's to and from the hospital for hysterectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tscott4581 View Post
Anyone else planning on wearing pajama's to and from the hospital????

I told my husband I was planning on doing that and he thinks I'm crazy, cause I know I will be arriving at the hospital early and I know I wont care what I am wearing when I leave.
I am wearing yoga pants and a long sleeve shirt in and bringing a night gown to wear out. Don't want anything around my waist with any type of elastic etc. Erring on the side of caution as I have read here about swelly-belly. I have a 40 ride home from hospital. Will also be be bringing a favorite blanket!
Unread 09-01-2014, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okgo! View Post
Oh my goodness, that is the nicest way to preserve a childhood blankie I've ever heard of!! What a special comfort item to take with you.

Hugs and best of luck!

Thanks!
She made it for me as a comfort item to have when I have surgeries/procedures. I do not live in the same town as my mom and sister and they can't always be there physically for me. It goes with me everytime! And, it makes the perfect tummy pillow for extra support!
Unread 09-01-2014, 08:42 PM

I absolutely LOVE the blankie pillow idea. I wish I still had my blankie, I would totally do that. I have no put that in my mental notes to do with my daughters favorite blanket at some point.

I too wore yoga pants and my favorite soft tank top with flip flops. I just wanted to be comfy, who cares what other people thought lol. I went home in yoga pants and another comfy shirt, haven't put underwear on since the hospital either!
Unread 09-01-2014, 09:32 PM

Thank you ALL for your replies, now I don't feel so "crazy" wearing my pj's to and from the hospital.
Unread 09-01-2014, 11:43 PM

Do it! I did!! There was no way, anything with buttons or zippers was coming near my belly after surgery. Besides, it was 5:30am when I got there! Do the PJ's!
Unread 09-02-2014, 06:59 AM

I wore a t-shirt and cut off jogging pants to the hospital - no bra or underwear even! It was so nice to be comfy. I also had two dozen skin tags removed, several under my breasts so I couldn't wear a bra for over two weeks. I've learned that I don't care what other people think, if I want to be comfy I'm going to be comfy!

~Michele
Unread 09-02-2014, 08:22 AM

I plan on wearing my "I ❤️NY" pj pants and an oversized tee. I have found that I wear those ugly pants anytime I feel down and they take me to my happy place.

Anything that makes YOU feel better! Who cares what everyone else thinks!

Best of luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register