1st pap after hyster | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1st pap after hyster 1st pap after hyster

Unread 11-10-2001, 08:51 AM
1st pap after hyster

OK >>>>>I have to admit I have made it 8 months away from my LAVH(cervical cancer stage 1) .Now its time to go see again for a pap and the nerves start going again. There was up and downs but I made it. Everybody I seem to talk to either has a good story or bad. So my mind does not know where to go. some say its over some say well I have heard or known women having vaginal cancer not too many make it out.OK I really don't want to hear that. Well just needed to vent . Send me all your prayers on Monday cause away I go.

Albie66

hope I get the good word
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-10-2001, 09:21 AM
1st pap after hyster

hi albie,
try not to worry too much. all will be fine!! i'll keep you in my prayers, i go for my hyst. monday soo, we can think about each other and keep our minds off the scary stuff.
all will turn out o.k.
to you.
Unread 11-10-2001, 12:18 PM
1st pap after hyster

Hi Albie, after having cervical cancer it is important to have the regular paps. In the majority of cases it is 'over' but in a VERY small percent there are further complications , I was one of them . But my abnormal cells were found at my 6 week checkup. This happened because some tissue containing the abnormality was not removed. Mine was an aggressive/invasive type . As for not making it out here I am after having vaginal cancer . I made it out I have no idea why people have to tell us horror stories, it is scary enough having had cancer. Most ladies here who have had cervical cancer have been ok after their treatment, they will be along soon to reassure you too. I know how hard it is when facing a checkup, mine is on Nov 22 and I am stressing real bad. But it is important to think positive. You hang in there , you will be ok and we are here for you anytime you need us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-10-2001, 06:03 PM
1st pap after hyster

Try to have a great weekend and keep your mind off of Monday. There is really no sense in worrying as it won't change anything and you will probably just worry for nothing. Try to think positive dear!! We are here for you if you need to vent anytime!!
Unread 11-10-2001, 06:52 PM
1st pap after hyster

Ok, we can worry together. I am one year post op, ovarian cancer, and going in for my first pap after that. I am worried too. I also go in on Monday. My daughter has a 3:45 appt for her 2 month checkup (pregnant) and I follow on her heels with my one year check. Hope all goes well with both of us.

BTW, if you ladies want to see the pictures of my little alien, check this out:

http://communities.msn.com/therightt...oto&photoID=14

She was 9 1/2 weeks along when this ultrasound was done.

Maggie
Unread 11-10-2001, 07:05 PM
1st pap after hyster...

Most of us make it out! Of course no sense skipping paps now. I had my cancer several years ago now and at each check up I still get nervous and get myself all worked up. But it does get easier as time goes on. I breathe a sigh of relief and try to forget about it until the next visit. I used to get so nervous that I used to have the doctor call me at work because I wanted to know the results as soon as they came in. I told him to leave a message on my voice mail at work. Well the voice mail was not working one day and messages were automatically sent to the switchboard. He ended up leaving a message with the switch board operator and the operator gave it to another male employee to give it to me. I felt like the whole building had found out before me that my pap smear was within normal limits. That was a little embarrassing. Now I can wait a week without getting nuts. I will keep you in my prayers for Monday. Take care.
Unread 11-11-2001, 05:02 AM
1st pap after hyster

Good luck tomorrow, Albie! I just got the results of mine (8 months postop), and it turned out fine. The waiting about drove me crazy though. I think we are justified in our nervousness, I mean, who would want to go through this again? But, as Robyn said, vaginal cancer is rare, so odds are your tests will come back great! Then we can have a celebration post in a few days!

Unread 11-11-2001, 01:56 PM
Thank you

Thanks all you for lending your shoulder for support, I always lean towards the worst case thought at all times. I will be praying for you Maggiew wish you and your daughter the best. Its funny how we all cane understand what we are going through even though our stories are different in many ways. We all strong women and we will make it through another hurdle,Mine is tomorrow.

Thanks for being there,
Albie66
Unread 11-13-2001, 11:30 AM
Now the waiting

I went to check up ladies, I had a good talk with DD. Before the appt. was over he schedules a mammogram for the 27th. I did not expect that I am only 34 I thought that was when I was 40.

I made it through the appt. though

Albie66
Unread 11-13-2001, 01:49 PM
1st pap after hyster

great albie, see it wasnt too bad was it ? Please let us know what the results are. Take good care and love always to you x x

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register