second treatment | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

second treatment second treatment

Unread 12-10-2001, 07:35 PM
second treatment

well i had my second internal treatment... it went a bit faster than the first one... still as uncomfortable though... I have only three more to go... I am so glad... no side effects other than tired... i just keep telling myself that by the new years it will be over... I have an appt with my gyno in Jan... I cant wait to talk to him about hrt... I hope I can at least take something natural... the hot flashes are not too bad.. but I have been awfully moody.. real weepy... but that could be the season and missing my family and such... its amazing that no matter how old we get we still want mom when things are not going just right....:-) guess i need to get off of here and call her......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2001, 07:57 PM
It'll go fast...

Hi!

Don't be depressed! My chemo kind of went fast and slow at the same time. Now it's all a big blur. You will be done before you know it. Just take care of yourself and try to relax. I was noticing that for a while, I was getting depressed about the holidays, and I think it's because it's starting to hit me--my life's flashed before my eyes!--You know, with the holiday pressure to be happy, and then suddenly thinking Whoa!--what COULD have happened...My husband says, hey, one day we'll look back on this and say, Holy ----! Remember that year that Cathy had cancer?! I think some of my mood swings is a result of what has actually happened, and it's probably also hormonal. Sometimes when I get really bummed out, I try to think of something really funny, and trick my brain into releasing some of those happy chemicals...Of course, other times I go into the downward spiral, but I always go back up again. Yeah, calling mom always helps. So does this website.

Hang in there!!!
Cathy
Unread 12-10-2001, 09:35 PM
second treatment

Hi sondra, so glad to see you posting again. We worry about 'our girls' when we dont hear from them

I am sure Chloe is right, your treatment will be done before you know it. It is 5 mths since I finished mine, time certainly flies !!

As for coping when you feel sad, try the "Pollyanna" game. Not sure if you know of Pollyanna but when things were bad she tried to find something to be glad about. So....having cancer we can all be 'glad' that we found each other.

Hope all goes well for your next treatments, take care and love always x x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2001, 05:01 AM
second treatment

I think that we all get melancholy when we are not well and during the holidays. I'm glad that you have your mom there for you! Please remember that we are here too! Come January you will say, "wow, I can't believe that it's all over!"
Unread 12-11-2001, 12:12 PM
second treatment

Great to hear that another treatment is out of the way Sondra, and so happy that you are not experiencing any uncomfortable side effects.

Keep up the good work, it will be over before you know it!!
Holiday Hugs,
Maria
Unread 12-11-2001, 05:18 PM
second treatment

thanks girls... i sure needed the boost.... i have been such a gloomy gus these last few days... you brought a smile to my face...

Robyn thank you for the note.. i did reply to it but dont know if i did it right.. so you may not have gotten it.. and yes i know pollyana well.. that was my daughters favorite movie and we watched it till the tape broke...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register