Leg Tremors at 2 days post hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Leg Tremors at 2 days post hysterectomy Leg Tremors at 2 days post hysterectomy

Unread 06-10-2021, 02:18 PM
Leg Tremors at 2 days post hysterectomy

I'm also I having on and off leg tremors almost 36 hours after surgery. Any insight?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2021, 06:05 PM
Re: Leg Tremors

Based on your other post, please contact your doctor (surgeons have 24hrs support)
If you’re still in excruciating pain, go to the ER
Unread 06-10-2021, 06:19 PM
Re: Leg Tremors

I agree with GPMS, please call your doctor or go to the ER.

About 12-13 weeks ago, I was in excruciating pain for non-gyn reasons - we're talking delirium at times - and by the time I got to urgent care, I had tremors in both my arms and legs. Once the pain got under control, the tremors stopped.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2021, 07:16 PM

I reached out to my doctor. She said keep up with the pain medicine and don't wait in between doses. I am ok to uncomfortable lying down except that's usually when I get the tremors. It's the action/movement of getting up that is very very bad. Standing is ehh but I can now do it alone.
Unread Yesterday, 06:38 AM
Re: Leg Tremors at 2 days post hysterectomy

Your doctor asked the right questions. Here we also advise to stay on top of / ahead of the pain by taking pain killers on schedule, for once pain gets the upper hand it's harder to get back under control.

How are you getting up? The log-roll works pretty well, described in the last part of this link - by rolling to your side, use your arms to push you up from your side, use your legs as momentum.

Unread Yesterday, 07:53 AM

I am going to try the roll today. My husband has been lifting me since I cant use my core. The tremors are less and pain is more manageable when I stay on the vicodin regularly but am afraid I won't want to switch over when it's time. The ibuprofen is not really helping at this stage.
Unread Yesterday, 11:09 AM

Not sure whether this is what you're experiencing, but I noticed during the first several days after my hysterectomy (which was last week) that my legs were extremely weak. This symptom was the worst for the first 2-3 days after surgery. In retrospect, I think part of the problem was that I hadn't eaten enough. During the day of the surgery, I ate a lot of crackers and a muffin in the recovery area of the hospital, and when I got home, I had half a sandwich, but that was it. I couldn't figure out whether I was hungry or not, because I had so much abdominal pain (at least half of which was gas pain). I finally began figuring out that when I got chilled and began shaking, it meant that I hadn't eaten enough. After 3 days, the gas pain subsided and I was able to feel normal hunger sensations, so my body has had enough food since then -- and no more chilled shaking or super-wobbly legs.
Unread Yesterday, 11:51 AM

I've been on a restricted diet but had a lot of juice and crackers today. I will see if it lessens as I eat more. My dr also feels it could be lingering anesthesia effects and I need to focus on hydration.
Unread Yesterday, 11:53 AM

I'm still in the trenches but I just want to say I would never get through this without this community's support. Thank you all so much.
Unread Yesterday, 06:17 PM

I had that extreme weakness after surgery too. It lasted off and on for the first few days. I was absolutely shocked at that shakiness.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register