American Idol is back! (2008) - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Review It!

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

American Idol is back! (2008) American Idol is back! (2008)

Unread 04-24-2008, 06:50 AM
American Idol is back! (2008)

I so agree at this stage of the game, it's getting harder. They are all good.
Seeing alot of new (to me) talent this year. The girl that was singing last night (the one that Simon found) had a great voice.

It's really been a good season for us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2008, 07:01 AM

I am a Jason fan, but he is boring the CRAP out of me with his ballads. I want to see him do something DIFFERENT! Maybe a funky island tune, maybe Margaritaville or something Jack Johnson. JUST NO MORE BALLADS! We get it dude, you can serenade the girls, but can you rock their socks off?!! LOL

Anyhow, I was SURPRISED to see Carly sent home. I want Brooke gone SOOO bad I can taste it. I haven't liked her at all. She is odd to watch. Doesn't have a stage presence, and is just sort of barely there it seems. Now, to give her credit, I like LISTENING to her. She has a pretty voice and I can see her being the next Nora Jones, but GET OFF IDOL ALREADY! Anymore puppy dog eyes and "overly soaking in what the judges say" looks and I may SCREAM!!! LOL

Oh and did anyone see the articles about Cooks CD (analog heart) being pulled from download AFTER it hit #1 and beat out Mariah Carey for downloads? Idol pulled it, but left Carly's up for sale (the one she did as Carly Hennessy). Anyhow, I think it was a PREcursor for last night. They KNEW she was going home, and thought it best to leave her's up for sale! Just my "insight" on the deal!
Unread 04-24-2008, 11:46 AM

Carly has bored me all along, I am glad she is gone.I do realize she has entertained many and I wish her well. She was never going to be the IDOL.
Brooke...I think they have her pegged right as a singer song writer. Very special...I hope she gets a career. Jason has a niche too, but agian not an IDOL. Siesha should go. SHe can do something special with her talent. David A is needing to learn and grow....very talented. I am rooting for Daved Cook since before they got his hair color & cut "jsut right".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2008, 07:57 PM

It's too bad that the first time Carley gets a real compliment from Simon, she gets voted off the show (or at least not voted enough for.) I liked Sayesha's performance last night. I really hope she can pursue Broadway.
Unread 04-26-2008, 01:57 PM
Cool - American Idol is back! (2008) American Idol is back! (2008)

I loved Carly; she's got a great instrument I think. So sad to see her go, though. Brooke is okay - I mean she did fudge the beginning and started again - in past seasons if you did that you would be long gone. I agree with you Jeanus that David C was great. I've been humming Phantom songs all week since these performances.
Unread 04-26-2008, 06:21 PM

I keep humming the song from POTO all week too....in my head it sounds so good...like I could be the next AI !!! lol
Unread 04-27-2008, 09:36 AM

Dianezz I know, me too! Except I keep singing the Phantom part ( the guy part of the song) but hey....Jason sang "memory" and even Sir Andew L.W. was baffled at the choice. I could NEVER take the criticism...can you imagine Simon saying, "Why don't you go on a diet? You look very fat." I would melt into a pile of bruised ego. How do these kids take the criticism so well???
Unread 04-27-2008, 04:20 PM

I've always loved the music from POTO. My personal feelings on Broadway songs is that the singer should watch at least an excerpt from the musical before he or she attempts to sing the song in order to understand what the song is about. Too many professional singers sang "Memories" when it first came out, but not one of them really touched the emotional background of the song at the time.

That would be like Brittany Spears singing "You Must Love Me" from Evita (that is, before she got into all that trouble.)
Unread 04-29-2008, 02:16 PM
Thumbs up - American Idol is back! (2008) American Idol

I agree - there is nothing like hearing a professional singer pull off the Broadway songs correctly. Years ago I had the Streisand Broadway album (an LP!!!) and she was excellent on those songs. "I love You Porgy", "The Ladies Who Lunch".....and I loved watching Idol w/ Sir Andrew discussing w/ Brooke how to sing "You Must Love Me" and pull off the emotion. Wonder who's going home this week.
Unread 04-29-2008, 09:49 PM

I really just keep liking david cook. They say david A is so wonderful that he could sing the phone book, but i feel david C could really pull it off with style and personality, something and IdoL should have.,,,JMHO

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register