The Super Cool Funky Rockin' Chicks! (2010) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The Super Cool Funky Rockin' Chicks! (2010) The Super Cool Funky Rockin' Chicks! (2010)

Unread 04-01-2010, 12:04 PM
The Super Cool Funky Rockin' Chicks! (2010)

Hello,
We are starting this thread to continue wonderful relationships that we have had with a closed thread. We are super cool funky rockin' chicks and we are "TALENTED" LOL
If you happen upon this post and have no idea what we are talking about, that is ok too!!! You can join also
Meg,Sprite97,Joining4Support,BETS59 and 2020, I hope you found this thread. If it gets larger, they turn it into a subforum. So let's keep the party going girls. Hope to see you here soon!
Much hugs,
Colleen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Re: "The Super Cool Funky Rockin' Chicks!"

okie dokie.. i found us good job Colleen !!! Crashing big time today.. that's what i get for getting all excited about a good day.. one of the joys of fibro.. sigh

hope the rest of your days are going well... 78 here today !!!
Unread 04-01-2010, 03:41 PM

Hello my lovely ladies!!! Yes, we are super cool funky rockin' chicks! and TALENTED we are!!! No doubt about it!
Thanks for getting everything set up Colleen! You're amazing.
I'm just at the dentist office (my hubby's office actually) and the kids are all getting their teeth cleaned and I get to sit here and have a break. Yippy!
They have worn me out completely this week. As much as I love having them home it won't be a bad thing when they go back to school next Tuesday.
I have a sister and her kids coming to town this weekend. I have 20 people coming for easter dinner on Sunday. You're all asking, Meg! Why did you invite over 20 people? I didn't!!!! Because I have the biggest house all my family always comes to my place for family gatherings...so...it was just assumed that it would happen this time as well. My house is a disaster!! I haven't done much at all with it since my surgery. Sigh.
Fortunately not all of my family will be in town. I have six siblings and in total, just on my side of the family, there are 20 grandchildren!!! So put my whole family together and we would have 34. Yikes!!

I hope my body holds up. I have a really great family so i'm just going to have to appeal to them for sympathy and help.

I better go make sure my kids aren't destroying the office!

Skittles and sunshine, hugs and love!

Meg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2010, 05:40 PM

yikers Meg... can't ya meet them at the door and go to a restaurant??? lol and absolutely put 'em to work or you know WE will be asking why you didn't. My daughter arrives tomorrow. I'm SO excited. Red Lobster here we come !! Other daughter got moved today so far without any fireworks ((crossing fingers))

Hugs and happy upcoming bunny time ((that's more chocolate for those of us who know what's really important in life !!))
Unread 04-01-2010, 07:50 PM

I'm here! I found everyone. Thanks, Colleen! I'm not sure who posted on the closed thread about the gifts for the doctor and the nurse, but I wanted to let them know that if they're here in the U.S. there is a limit as to what anyone in the medical profession can accept as a gift because of all of the government regulations. It might be someone that hasn't found us yet, too. Hope I can find this thread again. I have problems finding the threads that aren't on the main page. Guess I'll have to look harder.

Yep, you're right Meg. I am asking. What in the world are you thinking? Just because you have the biggest house doesn't mean they should all come unless they're coming with a vacuum, mop, and all the cleaning supplies (not that I'm saying your house is dirty, but I know I haven't touched mine since before surgery except to keep the bathroom clean and DH vacuuming). I say invite them over on Saturday for a cleaning party and then they can bring the food on Sunday so you can put your feet up and rest. I'm afraid you are going to overdo it this week and really pay for it next week. We're all going out to eat. There was no way I was volunteering to cook for 25 people. We normally go to my mom and dad's, but my mom didn't want to do it either. I figured if she didn't want to there's no reason I should.

Bets, so sorry you're not feeling well today. I can definitely feel your pain. It was 88 degrees here today -- almost 40 degrees above normal highs. I love it. Too bad I couldn't get out in the warm air. I hope you have a wonderful weekend with your daughter arriving and that everything works out for the one moving.

Yum chocolate! So glad I am not a person who can't have it!
Unread 04-02-2010, 08:42 AM

So glad that everyone is finding this thread!
In the future, if someone post to it, you should get an email with the link, so just click on that and you won't have to search for it. I always keep at least one email handy so that I can re-click on it if needed!
Meg, Meg, Meg
You know what we are all going to say and I think they already said it, lol but.....take it easy. I hope that you told everyone to bring a dish, so you don't have to do any cooking. and hey, they all know you had surgery, so don't worry about the house. We have a bathroom that we are very, very slowly working on, so when we have company, I make a cute sign for it, like "work in progress and a Santa Hat instead of a construction hat" just to remind people. You could do that too, or have your oldest daughter do it
I used to hold all the family gatherings at my house because I had the largest and we have a pool, but a few years ago, I stopped. I just needed a break, even when people bring stuff, it is still alot of work and anxiety! So I am worried about you Meg but glad that the kids go back to school on Monday, you take that day and just rest!!!
Bets,
I so hope that you enjoy that time with your daughter That will be so nice for you!
Joining,
It is hot here already, 85, that is too much for me. I was enjoying our unusually cold weather! I hope that you enjoy your chocolate!!

I want to wish everyone a Happy Easter or Passover!!!

I start back to work next week, so I probably won't be on as much but will do my best to keep up. I have enjoyed the friendship and support so much!!!
Unread 04-02-2010, 09:10 AM

Gotta say when i get the email saying there's something new at "The Super Cool Funnky Rockin' CHicks!" , it just makes me grin.

My daughter just called from the half way point and the salesman I bought my deceased Ford Focus from is now in, so we may just go do a lil car shopping >G< It would just be so very cool to drive into my dad's in a new car... hehehe. My brothers who have visited car lots since they were teens and were supposed to be a big help managed to drag out my getting that Focus for over a year and a half (my 15 yr old toyota with over 130K had died and as I'm on SSDI, dad said he'd buy me a car and then it comes off my share of the inheritance.. dad is 3/4 blind and fairly deaf other than the two weeks after he gets the wax blown out of his ears. It was a nightmare. This time I get to pick the car I want (big I); not have a lien on the car because of course you just know I'd cash it in to get the money.. duh. Holiday is coming and I'm hoping they'll all behave while Terese is here, but one of my brothers' life work is to be a sarcastic ******* so one never knows. sigh, enough of that... gonna have so much fun with Terese

Happy pre-holiday and dangit Meg slow down !!! >G< just practicing

Betsy
Unread 04-02-2010, 03:05 PM

Hello my lovely friends.

I'm back at the bookstore with my girls. They love coming here to do the spring break activities. Today they are making a cool craft, reading stories and having cake and juice. They love it because it's super fun. I love it because it's free!
I spend a lot of time at this bookstore so the staff all recognize me. This is the third time I've brought the kids this week and I was just told that I should get a prize for most dedicated parent.
The kids books are all on Sale as well. Yippy! You can never have too many books

When we get home DH is going to take them for a hike. (darn, I can't go...hehehehe). I should probably clean but i'm gonna lie down!) it took some convincing to get DH to do it. He didn't spend any of his time off with them this week. He told me today that there is just too much to do around the house because he has to do all of his work and then all of MY work on top of that......pause and blank stare from Meg....ALL of MY work??? Sigh. Granted, he has picked up a lot of the slack while I've been incapacitated but COME ON!!! Now I feel like a horrible big meanie. So I said that I would handle the kids today. But then my DS said "daddy, we go for hike?". Heart meltingly cute. Can't say no to that!
I'm at a weird place where i'm starting to feel quite a bit better but I am exhausted! I think I could sleep all day but i'm feeling so guilty about how much rest I need. Perhaps I am being lazy.
I really want to exercise. How am I ever going to get back to normal life? Is it even possible? I think I forget what "normal" is?

Bets, i'm so glad you get to see your daughter and i'm excited about you picking your own car!

To all my other lovely sisters, happy Easter. What a wonderful time to celebrate new birth.

Blessings and hugs.

Meg
Unread 04-02-2010, 05:47 PM

Betsy,
Can't wait to hear all about the new car!! I hope you get something you really enjoy. and I pray that your Easter holiday will not be filled with tension but with love.

Meg,
Just wanted to respond to let you know that I am still very tired too. I feel much better but have days where I am exhausted. I took today off from everything but the computer and dinner and it was nice. I got to relax, sleep, read, it was wonderful. I think we still need that time. You are definitely not LAZY!! I love to read too, love bookstores. Love the smell of them. My girlfriend and I always wanted to open our own with a little coffee shop and my homemade goodies (the one thing I am truly good at LOL). It's a dream! You are a good mom to take them there! and I hope that your hubby took them hiking and I really pray that he realizes how much you do everyday! I don't know how you do it. I am basically recovering mostly on my own as my kids are 15 & 17 that live at home and they can take care of themselves. I still take time everyday to lay down and sleep or read.

I have started walking everyday with my husband when he gets home and next week, I am going back to line dance class. I can't wait!!!

Happy Easter everyone
Colleen
Unread 04-02-2010, 06:47 PM

Yes you will get back to the old you, Meg.. promise. It really does help to tune into your body and listen to what it's telling you.. and, guess what,, that probly turned into a really special kid/dad bonding adventure and you might whisper in his ear "the chores can wait.. they'll be here a day from now, a week from now 10 years from now... the kids really do grow up and go away and the memories you make today is what you'll cherish when they flee the nest"

Colleen.. dangit line dancing ????? you be careful.. lolol

Had a really lovely afternoon with Terese... we decided there was time for car shopping and a light lunch or a leisurely Red Lobster... she said I should chose and she was paying cause she just got a $4000 merit check... total surprise along with yet another step up the ladder in her career at Target corporate.. they really do reward their people well !!! At the moment she's going from Sr Business Anylist (i can't spell that for love nor money tonight.. lol) to "Swat" Team to learn all the different department before she becomes an "Expert". We went through Target and she was using all sorts of odd terms about which layouts they were using. Then we toured Infant & Toddler which is "her" department at the moment and she was totally tickled saying "this is just how i designed it mom". They have a new deal throughout a lot of the clothing using the "Liberty" line which is English prints which remind me a lot of Laura Ashley prints from the early 70s. Was really fun.

In between from last night into this morning were calls from her sister who's a year younger.. she moved and her relationship is really a mess. He wouldn't let her leave last night, is making her account for every penny, took her phone, etc. etc. I was furious. Then he got on the phone and professed his innocence along with "you know me Betsy" claiming a drug dealer was on his way. She interrupted with "he's a friend of ours". Yes she has a drug problem and NO he doesn't get to be abusive. Color me worried. And the **** fool KNOWS my former work was group therapy with abusers.. we SO will be talking very very soon.. Mama grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrowl

Terese took me for a quick grocery shop; then it was looking like a rescue mission; but when we got back they'd truced and she was going to nap. I'm so hoping this is stress from moving and things will settle down.

Didn't get to car lot >G< feeling proud that i knew i'd done all i should. The in-laws Easter is tomorrow afternoon, so thinking I may see if a fella here who's offered will take me over for a lil preliminary perusing. it's going to be so fun !!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register