Comfortable clothes | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Comfortable clothes Comfortable clothes

Unread 11-26-2012, 11:55 AM
Comfortable clothes

Hyster sisters please help me try to figure out what will be the best and comfortable clothes to wear after post op.
I have been reading some threads and not sure on what I will be able to wear after surgery, I can guess I will be in my PJ's for the first few days, but what about afterwards?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2012, 11:59 AM
Re: Comfortable clothes

Yoga pants were my best friend.. along with some granny panties. Hope that helps!!
Unread 11-26-2012, 12:21 PM

Grannie panties were comfortable but I hated wearing them. I love all my girly lingerie, matching sets, lace, ribbons & g strings are what makes me feel like a woman.

I'm not sure what season it is where you are but I was lucky to have beautiful warm spring days during my recovery so I wore dresses everyday. Wearing a different pretty dress really boosted my self esteem & made me feel feminine.

I wish you a speedy recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2012, 12:24 PM

Did either of you use the abdominal binder? I live in GA but the weather is getting cooler, so no dresses for me
Thanks for the suggestions.
Unread 11-26-2012, 12:32 PM

When I'm home even if I'm not in a recovery mode, I'm in jammies, unless I have company coming or am getting ready to work outside. I love my jammies they are the most comfortable things I have to wear. I have about 25 pair now so I'll have plenty to get me through the first weeks. Not sure what I'm going to do when I need to leave the house again though.
Unread 11-26-2012, 01:18 PM

Scrub pants are very comfy! I just now started to wear my fat pants once in a while. Otherwise jammy pants.
Unread 11-26-2012, 02:13 PM

I live in knit pants with a stretchy waste band, and granny panties.
Unread 11-26-2012, 04:18 PM

Sweat pants...one size too big! Those and sleep pants! That is all that I have worn except the few times that I have gone out when I wore a pair of velour stretchy pants!
Unread 11-26-2012, 04:28 PM

I have purchased my granny panties...way too big, I'll definitely leave the pack unopened in case I can get buy without them an I can return them.

I have several pairs of sweat pants - they are very comfy now and I hope to be able to wear them after surgery. Thinking about buying one pair too large, just in case....

For Christmas, I brought a cute velour set with a stretchy waistband and a matching jacket. Hope it doesn't look too granny like (sorry grandmas!) Hopefully I am set in the clothing department!! And, praying I can get into my jeans after 3 weeks at home!!!
Unread 11-26-2012, 06:48 PM

Lord have mercy, I don't wanna wear granny panties!!! Lol

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register