Recently found this site/surgery on 7/21, Need TLC!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recently found this site/surgery on 7/21, Need TLC!! Recently found this site/surgery on 7/21, Need TLC!!

Unread 07-19-2004, 08:33 PM
Recently found this site/surgery on 7/21, Need TLC!!

Hi all,

I could really use a little TLC and last min advice from the princesses! I was supposed to go to the castle Septemeber cuz they could not do this summer, but guess what??? I go in on Wed, scheduled for 9:30 am for a TAH and BSO for 4, 8 cm fibroids and lots of smaller ones and also cervical cysts and polyps too!! Part of me can't wait to feel better, no more pain and bleeding and part of me is scared as hell. Last night my DH of 30 yrs and I had ( or tried to hAVE) sex and my uterus and cervix started contracting and spasming so badly I had to stop. I used to enjoy the unterine contractions and worry that I will miss it, but not like this!! I sure won't miss the bleeding!

Anyway this site has kept me sane the last few days and I sent a few of the articles to my DH, my mom and friends etc and they are grateful to know what to expect and I am grateful they don't have to ask me cuz it is hard to answer!!!

Any last minute advice?? I have my bag packed, I don't need bowel prep ( yippee), I have my gasX, my tummey pillow and my grabber thingy and I have arranged for a hospital table too.

I guess my biggest worries are being fat, having High BP( controlled with meds and having asthma, but all my docs said go for it so at some point I have to let go of the worry. Anyone take a sleeping pill the night before?? I am thinking about calling my doc for one?? I am also worried cuz my DH and kids are worried
( 24, 22 and 18 but they do love their Ma and she is almost never down and out) I have tried really hard to tell them it will be great for me but...

I know this is long but I know you all know how I feel.

Thanks for all your good thoughts, I will promise to post support post surgery for all you other pre ops.

Your Pre Hyst Sis, Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2004, 08:41 PM

Hi Deb,

I think you have it all covered. It's hard for the woman to be down and out, haw?

You will feel so much better without all that pain! And you won't even have a big incision that needs to heal.

Take some time for you, cry when you want, but wash it down with something possitive. We started a joke thread on friends without faces when you are up for a laugh.

We are here for you...

s

k9
Unread 07-19-2004, 08:45 PM

Hi Deb ~ A couple good hints I received here was to take some hard candies and a tv guide You are lucky that you dont have to do the bowel prep. that was the worst part of the whole surgery for me ~I will have you in my thoughts & prayers on Wed. ~ Best of wishes TC! & ((hugs))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2004, 08:52 PM
You will survive!

Deb - funny you should mention those old uterine contractions. I used to have them too, and worried that when i had nothing to contract, my "experience" would be less intense, so to speak. I was AMAZED to learn the intensity just spreads to another part of my lovely female anatomy. (Not to be so personal, but I was so worried about that!)

The surgery wasn't fun, and it did hurt, but frankly its all a blur. The recovery is long, but it wasn't as hard as all the pain and bleeding I went thru for years.

In a way, my issues were so systemic - in that it seemed to me I was so fatigued all over. Once I got over the initial surgery (the first week) it was only coping with the actual surgerical ramifications - can't sleep well bcs hard to find a comfortable positiion, gas troubles, hard to poop.

In fact the gas pain was about the worse!

And now, less than 3 months, I am just whining bcs I still can't twist enough to swing a golf club well! Everything else is wonderful. No pain, etc.

I just wish I did it sooner - (such a cliche I know...)
Unread 07-19-2004, 08:55 PM
Forgot to add...

I had never taken sleeping pills b4, but I was such a wreck b4 my surgery I couldn't sleep. So, I took Zanax at night. Really helped. Was also on Vicoden for the pain. Didn't seem to bother them I was taking those drugs.

BOY! Am I glad to be off of everything except coffee!

If it will help you sleep. ask for it.
Unread 07-19-2004, 09:05 PM
Thakns for kind words and thoughts

Hi again,

thanks sooo much for kind words. I am exhausted from not sleeping so I am off to bed. I'll check in again tomorrow. Thaks to sun, kitty kholling esp re the sleeping meds and the unterine contractions info. I needed that!!

You are all the best and keeping me sane

Deb
Unread 07-19-2004, 10:02 PM

Hi Deb, You seem to be well prepared. Do take some mints, gum and antibacterial wipes to the castle with you. That way you can clean your hands before eating.

I took a sleeping pill the night before surgery--Ambien. If you don't already have any, please ask your doctor to phone you in a RX. You are in my prayers. With love,~Moonchime

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register