New with ?'s about prolapsed uterus and bladder - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New with ?'s about prolapsed uterus and bladder New with ?'s about prolapsed uterus and bladder

Unread 05-04-2005, 04:14 AM
Hi Traci

I went to see a gynaecologist a few weeks ago for the same reasons as you. I also blame a big baby for the problems and noticed the bladder prolapse fairly quickly after my sons birth. However 3.5 years later I developed uterine prolapse and this is why I went to the dr. My husband also said it felt different and I knew I had to do something about it.

I was offered 2 surgical procedures but the hysterectomy (I will have a laparoscopic one hopefully in July) seemed like the better option for me, all things considered.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do I am in the UK so things might be a bit different over here but get your 2nd opinion then you will have more information to help you decide what is best for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2005, 08:10 AM
New with ?'s about prolapsed uterus and bladder

Thanks so much, I have a appointment for May 27th to see a urogynecologists. Has anyone here seen one of these doctors? I have a few questions about this appt. What can I expect at my first visit? Anyway I will let everyone know what I find out when I go. I am very anxious to go to. The only thing is its the day after my birthday. LOL! Anyway thanks so much!
Unread 05-04-2005, 01:23 PM

I used a urogynecologist for my second opinion and was very happy I did. She did the most thorough history I've ever had, vollowed by the most thorough pelvic exam I'm ever had. She told me the degree of prolapse of all the areas and then offered a variety of treatment options. Personally, I can't imagine having prolapsing treated without seeing a urogyn. They have expertise in treating the pelvic floor that a GYN simply doesn't have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2005, 02:45 AM

In the Uk we only have gynaecologists to deal with these problems as I believe urologists see it as a gynae problem so unable to get that slightly different opinion here. I did lots of research and chatted to a gynaecologist friend and so I knew I would probably end up with a hysterctomy for all my individual circumstances. Of course it can be different for differnt people so get as much information as you can and then you trully can make an informed choice regarding your treatments for your body!

Good luck for the 27th will look forward to hearing how it all goes
Unread 05-05-2005, 06:10 PM

I have dealt with this problem for about 9 or 10 yrs. I can't believe all the suffering I went through because I was afraid of having the surgery. I must say I feel ALOT better now. It doesn't sound like your that bad yet. Unless your having alot of pain, I won't worry about it yet. It will most likly get worse over the years, but if it's not giving you alot of problems now, don't worry about it. Feel free to email me if you'd like, I would be happy to help out.
Unread 05-11-2005, 07:53 AM

Hi there,

I have prolapsed uterus/poss bladder which I also think I have had to some extent for years. Your various comments rang a big bell in my head - during intercourse or even using tampons *like there was something in there..* My cervix always seemed within very easy reach for checking my coil strings but I only realised something was really wrong when it was actually hanging out after I played netball one week.
My Consultant (fondly HAH! known as Dr Vague) tried a ring pessary which promptly fell out once I got home so I am scheduled for repair/TVH on Monday 16 May. You can only make a decision based on your own personal situation I'm pretty emotional and nervous about it all but know that I have to go through it to get my quality of life back. Which, at 39 with three children, is obviously really important to the the family as well as myself.
I hope you get the outcome you want and need, I'll post when I can to share my story.

Ali

p.s. I'm coming back as a man next time, or a pampered dog...
Unread 05-11-2005, 10:43 AM

I am so GLAD to have happened upon this thread! I wil be having a HYST with bladder/vaginal repairs done on June 15th next month. I have uterine prolapse of the 4th degree and bladder prolapse (cystocele) or the 3rd degree. I also have at least a 1st degree rectocele that I don't whether to wait on to repair or go ahead. So, it is great to read about what y'all are having done, too. It is a relief to read here that all that low back pressure and achy heaviness in my pelvis esp. during PMS and my period caused by prolapse has been experienced by other people, too. I know the reason is that I gave birth vaginally 5 times to full term babies the biggest being over 9 lbs. I even found a very interesting site where one doctor talking about prolapse says that in Caucasian Red-headed women, he has never known any approach to prolapse to be helped by anything but surgery. Well, that descibes me. Seriously, I am so READY to be rid of the pain, bleeding (I also have a fibroid), achiness, incontinence, etc. June 15th can't come soon enough for me.
Unread 05-30-2005, 03:43 PM
prolapsed uterus

Hi Tracie
I saw your posting and think I have the same thing. My babies were 10 and 11 pounds so I think that was the start. I also started doing Pilates and wonder if this could aggravate the situation. There is a lot of abdominal pressure with some of the exercises....? It feels creepy that is for sure and it doesn't help with intercourse either!! I'll be watching for your postings and any suggestions you might have.
Have you tried kegel exercises yet? or estrogen supplimants to help improve the tone of muscles??
fergus:
Unread 05-31-2005, 09:03 AM
Well I found out whats really wrong with me.

Okay I went to the urogyn on friday and found out some intresting stuff. First I did the pee test where they see how much your peeing and so on then they cathered (SP?) me to see if I was empting fully and I am even though I feel like I am not. Then I had the exam , wow it was so different than I expected it to be. The doctor is really nice though and that helped me so much. Well my left side is so much more senistive , he did a test where he would ask me is this dull or prickly and it really hurt on my left side which is where I have alot of my pain during and after intercourse. Well after all the exam was over we went into another room and he talked to me and my hubby about what he found. He said that I have rectocele ( didn't know that I had that ) and cyctocele. He said that my vagianal wall is seperated and everything above it is in great shape I have a slightly enlarged uterus but thats from my big babies. He said that he thinks my MAIN problem is that I am having spasms he called it Levator Ani syndrom ( I am probally spelling that wrong) He said that the rectocele and cystocele are not that bad and that he dosen't want to do surgery he is sending me to have physical therpey for the spasms (SP?) and he thinks that the PT is really going to help me alot he said that using a perssery or surgery may make the spasm worse. So I am going to go to PT for 3 months and see what happens , I go back to see the doctor in 3 months. I am so happy that I don't have to have surgery right now. I just hope that the PT will really help. Has anyone had to go thru PT for this problem? I would love info on it. Thanks so much in advance.
Traci
Unread 05-31-2005, 04:54 PM

Traci,
I am so happy that your appointment went so well. Urogyn's really do amaze me with the thorough exam. I hope you're able to find relief with some PT and are able to avoid surgery entirely.
Ashley

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register