tilted uterus & ovarian cyst question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

tilted uterus & ovarian cyst question tilted uterus & ovarian cyst question

Unread 09-12-2005, 09:15 AM
tilted uterus & ovarian cyst question

Having a tilted uterus runs in my family; all the women on my mothers side have this problem. There was even a Great Aunt who had this problem so bad that it nearly fell out before the doctors did anything. Anyways, at my last doctors visit the doctor had a hard time finding it at first than he actually said that it was turned around than he said it was tilted really bad. I have an Aunt who is waiting for her insurance to go through before she can get a hysterectomy due to her tilted uterus. Has anyone else had this problem and what did your doctor want to do? I have also had 3 bad pap smears with freezing treatments each time (don't remember the stage).

Also I have a 30x35 cyst on my right ovary and a 10x15 on my left. The doctor wants to do a laproscopic procedure and possibly remove one or both ovaries and if it is cancer they will remove everything. My question on this is should I go directly to a GYN Oncologist, that way if something is wrong I will have the expert already there performing the procedure? Not to mention that I do not trust my GYN enough to do surgery on me. It's one thing to go once a year for a pap but surgery I don't think so.

Sorry this is so long. Thanks in advance for any replies / advice...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2005, 09:49 AM

Hi. I think you've already answered your question. If you don't trust your current Gyn to do surgery, then by all means-find an Onc/Gyn. It makes perfect sense and is definitely a wise decision!

As for your hyst possibilities, all I can say is to do your research and you will figure out how to deal with all of it.

I wish you the best!
Unread 09-12-2005, 01:09 PM

Angel Soul, Many women have lived with a tilted uterus for years, unless there is something else wrong I don't see it as a reason to have a hyst. If it is prolapsed then something should be done. I had three beautiful children (now adults) with a tipped uterus. I was told it was impossible to get pregnant with mine so tipped. The worse thing is low back cramps when I get my period. I agree with Stacey it is time to find a new Doc. You need to find one that you are comfortable with and trust. You will now it's the one right away, I did. I made the switch to a new Doc. last fall by going to someone who was recommend and I love the way he listens to me! Find one that will listen to you!!

Good Luck and Gentle Hugs!

Bev
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2005, 01:16 PM

hello, first find a dr that you are comfortable with.i have cysts and a tilted uterus as well as other problems...i am having a hys in a few days what my gyn and i agreed upon was to do the hys. and while he was in there so to say and he would look over my ovaries and so forth and then he would make the decision as to remove them or not...i will not know the results until i wake up.
Unread 09-12-2005, 05:21 PM

s Angelsoul

I'm really sorry to hear you are dealing with all of this right now. First of all, is there any reason to suspect cancer? Any clinical reasons, or family history? If so, then you need to have a gyn/onc at least standing by for the hyst.

Secondly, if you are unhappy with your gyn, do not let him/her perform your surgery. Go somewhere else. Get a second or third opinion....

I will be hoping that all works out well for you and you find the solution best for you. Keep us posted on what you decide. We are here for you.

Unread 09-12-2005, 06:35 PM

My mother and I both have [had] a tilted uterus. When I had sex there was a pulling feeling on my uterus. I would swell and looked like I was going to have a baby after sex. Drove me crazy. After my 3rd child 2nd C-section in became so bad I didn't want to have sex. What I found out when I had my surgery last month was that my old C-section scar healed and grew INTO my bladder. This was why it got worse after the C-section. Well it's all gone now...what a diffference it's made in my life. Wish you the best.
Unread 09-12-2005, 11:05 PM

I think treating a tilted uterus with a hyst is a huge money spinner for your doctor. Sorry to upset anyone with that comment, but many of us have been at the mercy of money spinners.

Definitely get another opinion, a tilted uterus is not uncommon at all and certainly will not kill you and is not an indication for hyst on its own. As for the cysts have you tried to have them asperated? This way you don't have surgery and the fluid from the cyst will be analysed by the lab to see if there is anything to worry about. Your radiologist should be able to tell you doctor if they are endometria (blood filled) or fluid filled. The asperation can be done in the radiologist office (radiologist usually do them).

Are the cysts giving you problems at all and have they been watched over a cycle to see if they get smaller/bigger during the cycle?

There are so many things you doctor hasn't even considered and seems to be running for the usual option we as women are given - get a hyst. One would think we lived in the third world, we have so many advancements that doctors don't use them. I would suggest to research and definitely get another opinion.
Unread 09-13-2005, 09:10 AM

Hi. I forgot to say in my previous post that I have a tilted uterus as well. I've known it for approximately 15 years. There is no reason to have a hyst for it alone. You know all of the details and pains you go through so only you can make a decision for a hyst. A tilted uterus can be a pain, but like some of the other ladies said: Don't opt for a hyst simply because of that. (unless it's falling out or causing something terrible)

HUGS!
Unread 09-13-2005, 11:03 AM

Thank you everyone for the replies it is nice to have other opinions and ideals. Cancer of all kinds runs rampant in my family (mom’s side); breast cancer, stomach cancer, bone cancer and I had a brother who died when I was little but I'm not sure what kind he had. It’s just paranoia that I think and worry about the worst case. Although I would have to laugh a little if the cysts were cancer since I already have to deal with polycystic kidney disease; but so far that is ok still at 100% function at my last test.

Thanks again Sisters

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register