New here- feel ok, but dr says I need hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New here- feel ok, but dr says I need hysterectomy New here- feel ok, but dr says I need hysterectomy

Unread 06-08-2009, 03:03 PM
New here- feel ok, but dr says I need hysterectomy

HI ladies,

I think I finally figured out how to use this site and post! YEAH!

I have been very confused regarding a possible hysterectomy. I'm 44, have been premenopausal since 39 (periods just stopped suddenly) so I'm on HRT. I have IC since then too. I had an endo ablation 8/08 for polyps and bleeding. In April 09 I started bleeding w/alot of pain. Dr said I had adenomyosis. Went in 2 weeks ago for another ck up and he said now my uterus has prolapsed. I don't feel bad, no pain except that one time when I was bleeding. But since I don't get periods on a regular basis it hasn't been a problem. But he wants me to get a hysterectomy, says these problems will only get worse! I am very afraid to get any surgery, but especially this b/c of my existing IC. I have it pretty much under control most of the time, so I don't want to upset it!! I'm not sure what to do! Do having both of these, adenomyosis & uterine prolapse mean that a hysterectomy is my only option?? I wonder how long I could hold off, he wants it done w/in 12 weeks. I don't know why 12 weeks.

Well, any advice would be appreciated!
Thanks girls!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2009, 04:24 PM
Re: New here- feel ok, but dr says I need hysterectomy

Hi ((jmarie1))!

Yep, you have figured out how to post! Congrats!

I do have a couple suggestions for you! One, I would recommend that you browse through our Resource Database to learn what you can about both adenomyosis and prolapse. While you are reading, keep a list of questions and concerns that come to mind. Then, take that list with you to all of your doctor's appointments!

I would also recommend that you seek at least a second medical opinion before making your decision.

A hysterectomy is a major surgery so you do want to be sure to cover all of your basis before determining it is the best treatment option for you!

You are doing the right thing: researching and asking questions! Know your symptoms and your options and then do what is best for you!

Unread 06-09-2009, 01:00 PM
Re: New here- feel ok, but dr says I need hysterectomy

Welcome

I second what Weiser says and urge you to get a second or even a third opinion. A hysterectomy is not something that should be entered in to lightly. A second opinion might recommend no hyst at all, or maybe a less invasive type.
I would also ask your doctor why the 12 week dead line. Or phrase it as "What will happen if I don't have a hysterectomy in 12 weeks"
There is so much information on this site in the resources section. It should help arm you with questions for what ever doctor you end up at.
Good luck

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register