Scheduled TVH Tomorrow is almost here...Holy Anxiety, Batman! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tomorrow is almost here...Holy Anxiety, Batman! Tomorrow is almost here...Holy Anxiety, Batman!

Unread 04-30-2012, 06:56 AM
Tomorrow is almost here...Holy Anxiety, Batman!

So tomorrow is the big day. I have a GF coming in the very early am to be here for my kids while my DH takes me to the castle. I am only going to be there overnight (in recovery) then home again very early in the am Wednesday. House is clean, my GF is bringing 3 meals with her for tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday. My husband is amazing. I came home at 7pm from a 10 hour day at work Saturday to the kids already having had dinner, and a nice dinner just for the 2 of us. Homemade sushi and homemade french onion soup. He has stockpiled softer/easier food for me and has 2 weeks off starting tomorrow. He has been an absolute God-send. But I am still anxious beyond all reason.

Worried about being "under" - worried about waking up - worried about the pain after (opiate allergy here) - worried about recovery (live in a 2 story house and yes my bedroom is upstairs, but I am sleeping on our awesome couch for the first 2 nights) - worried about when I can get back to work (don't even go for my post op appt for 6 weeks!) - worried about intimacy never, ever being the same......

I have to work this afternoon... last day of Canadian tax season... I probably won't be too busy... (yeah right!!) then breaking down my temporary office. Won't get home til around 11pm. Didn't sleep last night and don't expect to sleep tonight... DARN NERVES!!!!!

PLEASE someone tell me this IS the right decision and that it will all be alright?

I am a bit of a control freak (ok.... a LOT of a control freak) and this is a big deal for me.... My only MAJOR surgery was a tonsillectomy (typically you don't grow babies in your tonsils and if you do, you have been doing it wrong!!)

Ok. Now I sound as if I have completely lost my noodle.

**big sigh** But I feel better just having vented.... Thanks for listening!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2012, 07:09 AM
Re: Tomorrow is almost here...Holy Anxiety, Batman!

CDN navy wife
I am one hour from leaving for the castle good luck tomorrow. I am starting to shake a little oh well soon it will be over
Unread 04-30-2012, 07:11 AM

I go to the castle the day after you. Nervous for sure, but its normal. I was a crying mess in church yesterday, and just trying to not think too hard about it all. I am worried about the pain, getting sick from the anes., and missing my kids for a night. But, trying to focus on the positive...I will be pain free, cyst free..and free of female issues for the first time.
I need to finish wash, I want my bedding to smell fresh and clean when I get home...think positive honey. And read threw others posts here..it may calm ur nerves!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2012, 07:23 AM

Well, my response didn't post, so I'm trying again...

Best wishes to you both for an easy surgery and a speedy recovery. We will soon be on the "other side" of the forums!

a BIG to you both!
Unread 04-30-2012, 07:33 AM

Same to you. This site get's me thru
Unread 04-30-2012, 08:12 AM

Hi CDN_NavyWife
I'm 1 week post op from a TVH and it was nowhere near as bad as i expected. I was a nervous wreck beforehand to the point of being sick, and now it seems silly.
The pain wasn't as bad as i expected either. With the TVH it was more of a pressure feeling 'down below' then it was pain. Like i had something heavy shoved in there lol.
Dont be surprised if you get some bad cramps around day 1-2.
Take something for the wind pains (will help with the cramps) and i recommend drinking some prune juice to help with BMs. (but don't over do it... i did.. not fun)
Best of luck to you and hope you have a speedy recovery
Unread 04-30-2012, 10:40 AM

No! NO! No worries!!!!! Positive thoughts!!!! I go to the castle in the morning as well. I can not wait!!!! I am DONE with periods that just show up whenever, clumpy, clotty messes... DONE, DONE, DONE!!!! I am 41 years old and will be period free after tomorrow!!!! My doctor did not order any type of bowel prep. I'm trying not to eat a whole bunch of heavy stuff today, mainly lots of fruits, had a nice tomato salad for lunch... probably a salad for dinner and a bowl of raisin bran. Hope this lighter more fiberous pre-surgery food selection will help with the dreaded BM after surgery. I love greek yogurt but am planning to get some Activia yogurt for afterwards, have read several people said it's helped get things moving along again. Good luck tomorrow!!!!! Relax!!!! It will be a piece of cake!
Unread 05-01-2012, 04:27 AM

Everything is going to go just fine. Just trust in God and he will see you through.
Unread 05-01-2012, 06:33 AM

Ooo, I hadnt thought of the Activia yet. Will need to get some of that today. Making one last store run, including gas x ultra as I have seen this all over the place on here...Thank you ladies!
Unread 05-01-2012, 06:55 AM

All will be well ladies..i was a total wreck too a week before surgery and every day after until the night of surgery i finally had this peace come over me llike it was a unsurpassed peace and this peace carried on till morning of surgery right up to the time i walked into my own operating bed for surgery((lol)) that was crazy...wow i thank God for His peace cuz truly i believe thats where my peace came from...So yes trust God ladies...see u soon in here after your surgeries...Peace be with you all

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register