Period Day of Surgery? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Period Day of Surgery? Period Day of Surgery?

Unread 12-04-2003, 12:21 PM
Period Day of Surgery?

I am scheduled to have my surgery next Weds. I thought that my last period was the last They have been so whacky, but now I am having PMS and will probably start in the next 3-5 days. I assume this won't be a problem, but wanted to ask if anyone had their period the day of surgery? I wouldn't see why they would have to reschedule you. And they didn't say anything about it when I went to my pre-op. Other than that...I'm pretty sure I am going to be embarrassed going in and knowing they are going to have to clean "that"...LOL Granted, I'll be asleep..and I'm sure they've done it a million times...but it's still a very embarrassing thought!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2003, 12:25 PM
Period Day of Surgery?

I had the same thing happen. It was really not that big of a deal. I had to remove my tampon in the pre-op area and they laid some padding under me.
Unread 12-04-2003, 12:28 PM
Period day before surgery

Hi There,

I got my period 2 days before my surgery day. I called my OB-MD and asked about if it would delay my surgery and they said no. I was still ON -- I had a TVH and they ended up taking ovaries too. I went into the hospital with tampons in place and they just had me remove it and put a pad on me.

The period I had before that one lasted for almost 6 weeks so I was so happy that they didn't delay my surgery! I was totally anemic! West Nile also... But am feeling so much better now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2003, 12:45 PM
Period Day of Surgery?

i asked my pre-op nurse about this and she laughed saying well you wont be on when we have finished , i doubt they will re-shedule hun good luck
Unread 12-04-2003, 01:41 PM
Period Day of Surgery?

This is all good to hear. That is one of the questions I have for the nurse when she calls me back later today. I just started and I know it will be happening when I have my surgery in early Jan. I know it's no big deal to them...guess they're used to dealing with it...but you know.
Unread 12-04-2003, 02:02 PM
Thanks!

Thanks so much for all the replies I was pretty sure that it wouldn't be a problem. I'm sure if it was they would have said something during the pre-op appt.'s I had. I just wanted to make sure..just one less thing to worry about Thanks again!!
Unread 12-04-2003, 02:09 PM
preiod the day of surgery

I got mine two days before surgery also..doc told not to worry...when i woke up I wouldn't have it anymore..halleluya!... I was so worried that they would postpone it...but things went along just as they should <SSSSS>...my 16 yr. old DD thinks I'm lucky..LOL

RAH/ left one ovary..adenocarcinoma/start chemo next week
Unread 12-04-2003, 04:30 PM
Period Day of Surgery?

Count me in on! I got my period the day before surgery. When I went in, the pre-op nurse said that it seems like 9 times out of 10 when someone comes in for a hysterectomy, they have their period. Kind of like one last hurrah!
Unread 12-04-2003, 04:39 PM
Period Day of Surgery?

Talked to the nurse today and she said it's no problem if that happens. Just started today so that puts me about on time with my surgery. Oh goodie!!
Funny to think this could be my last full blown period!!! I'm ready to ditch these hormonal migraines, too. Woohoo!
time for the happy dance

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register