I'm Scheduled! Finally! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm Scheduled!  Finally! I'm Scheduled! Finally!

Unread 09-13-2011, 10:28 AM
I'm Scheduled! Finally!

Just got the call and I'm scheduled for my hysterectomy on September 27th. Have to be there at 9:45 with a surgery time of 11:45. I'm bummed that that was the first available date, but I guess it could have been worse. Only two more weeks to freak out!

On a side note, my best friend Trish has been having problems with bleeding forever. She will bleed at least 3 weeks out of 4 every month, passing large clots and having terrible cramps. She was seeing a family practitioner at the local clinic in our small town. They put her on birth control pills, even though she has her tubes tied. The pills didn't help at all, just messed with her hormones and made her depressed. I've been telling her to go to a gynecologist for months! She finally went to the gynecologist that comes to our clinic every two weeks yesterday and he scheduled her hysterectomy for Monday! I was in disbelief. He is not the same doctor that's doing my surgery. I saw him once and he dismissed me without even examining me, so I never went back. He did order the Lupron shot for me that ended up making everything worse and giving me terrible joint pain that I never had before! I can't wait for that to get out of my system!

Anyways, I'm just happy to be scheduled, even though it's still two weeks away. Also, I can help Trish after she comes home and see how her recovery goes and maybe find some tips that will help me with mine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2011, 11:24 AM
Re: I'm Scheduled! Finally!

Congratulations!! I was inthe same boat and feel your relieve to be scheduled. I had the same issues with the Lupron. How much longer do you have on the Lupron?
Unread 09-13-2011, 11:25 AM

I got my shot on June 26th, so the day before my surgery the 3 months is up, but I've heard it can take a lot longer to get out of your system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2011, 11:35 AM

I got my 3 month on July 14th so hopefully it won't completely jack me by doing the hysterectomy on Sept 21st. Where you doin the Lupron for endometriossi or fibroids? If for endo did you ever feel any relief from the pain? One other question what other side effects have you had with it? Sorry for all the questions just haven't came across many people on Lupron.
Unread 09-13-2011, 11:40 AM

I have adenomyosis, but they didn't know that then. I just have pain that "I" feel is in my right ovary, because that is where I feel the pain. He gave me the Lupron thinking that it would shut down my ovaries and if that's where the pain was really coming from, I would feel relief. Honestly, I think my pain got worse. The first two weeks I didn't really notice anything, but then the side effects started. My shoulders started to hurt and my hands go numb, the fingers on my right hand are numb almost all the time. My knees started to hurt. Getting out of bed in the morning is tough and walking down the stairs is torture. I also started getting hot flashes and I sweat ALL the time, even when I'm not having a hot flash. I would feel the hot flash come up behind my right ear, it was the weirdest thing. My original gyno, not the one that gave me the Lupron, saw me because I was complaining about the side effects and she put me on Norethindrone and it has helped with the hot flashes, but I still have all the joint pain and I still sweat all the time. It's disgusting.
Unread 09-13-2011, 11:55 AM

Yeah they make fun of me at work because I sweat all the time then get goose bumps because the sweat cools and I'm still sweating. I had to go to another doctor to get scheduled because the one that put me on the Lupron wanted to give it the 6 months then put me back on depo prevero.
Unread 09-13-2011, 01:37 PM

Yep. The sweating is a constant problem. My hubby and kids make fun of me all the time. I was drying my 5 year olds hair after her bath one night and by the time I got done I was literally dripping with sweat. She turned around and said, Mom you're SO sweaty! Im like yeah, thanks I know.
Unread 09-16-2011, 09:20 AM

Hey we have the same surgery date! I cant wait either! get pre-op done tues the 20th! 11 days left!
Unread 09-16-2011, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by litsasha View Post
Hey we have the same surgery date! I cant wait either! get pre-op done tues the 20th! 11 days left!
Awesome! I had my pre-op today. Now it's getting real! They were nice enough to let me have it done at my local clinice because the hospital I'm having the surgery at is almost 2 hours away! The only bad thing is if I'm sent home with a catheter, which she mentioned I might be, then I'm going to have to go back down the 2 hrs to the surgeon's office to get it removed. I'm going to ask if I can have it take out here, but I'm thinking that they might need to make sure I can "go" and if I can't, put it back in. Just glad to be getting close to the date! Good luck to you as well!
Unread 09-19-2011, 06:42 AM

well lets hope u wont need to worry with that! Im so glad you got your post op done! Mine is tommorow!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register