I have my hyst date | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I have my hyst date I have my hyst date

Unread 05-12-2006, 07:34 PM
I have my hyst date

Finally since Feb. when I found out I have a huge uterus and Large fibroids, I have my date. First they called to say it was May 23th, then about 2 hrs. later, after I called everyone in my family to tell them. They call and say it has been changed to the following Tue. May 30th. Oh well, I'm just glad it is coming. I know it will come quickly, so I better get going on getting the house spotless. My stomach is already getting upset. I can't even think of how I will be when it comes to that day.
I was told I will have to do the dreaded Bowel Prep!!! You guys have made that sound worst than the surgery. lol. I will get to keep overies if they look good. Won't know til she goes in.
I just had to tell you guys. I'm actually looking forward to this even though I terrified at the same time. I just want to feel better. I feel like I'm sitting on a hard rock all day at work. So much discomfort I can't stand it!!!!Well, thank you for listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2006, 07:44 PM
I have my hyst date

Glad to hear you finally have a date! What all will your surgery involve? I had a vaginal hyst. with A&P repair and bladder sling and the only thing involved with my bowel prep was the night before surgery dr. told me to buy a fleet enema kit which comes with two applications and do one before bed and one when I get up. It really was easy to do and not bad at all. I'm not sure what others do for their bowel prep. If you anticipate having trouble sleeping and relaxing the night before surgery, see if your doctor will give you something to help you relax and sleep. Keep us posted!
Unread 05-12-2006, 07:56 PM
I have my hyst date

Thank you, I will ask my doctor for something. I probably won't be able to sleep for more then the night before. My dr says I have to have a vertical insicion becuase my uterus is the size of a 5 month pg woman. I have one very large fibriod that is just killing me to sit all day. I am a HR Admin. and I sit all 8 hrs. GGGRRRR
Some of the other hystersisters had mentioned that they had to drink this terrible drink, One in the morning and another later that day. They said it was the worst thing they have ever had. So in my concultation i asked if I would have that stuff and Lucky me I get too also have it. I guess it totaly cleans you out. Count yourself lucky that you didn't have to have it.
Thanks again, Debbie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register