Seriously? You tell me this now... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Seriously? You tell me this now... Seriously? You tell me this now...

Unread 02-24-2014, 09:07 PM
Seriously? You tell me this now...

I have had my hysterectomy planned about a month.... things are planned for day before and days after, daughter to and from school plan down, work is being nice about it,... ya know everything to prepare for being out of commission for a while...
WELL recently DH is all inquisitive if I'm nervous, if I still want to do the surgery, talking about my pains, ... stuff I wish he would have brought up more than 2 weeks before my surgery.
I am a very tough cookie. I can handle A LOT - emotionally and physically, but I CANNOT handle the pains I'm having. I've had them going on 11 years. He wants to jump in and start talking to me about it. SERIOUSLY!?! I could just fall over.
Previously when I asked his opinions and how he felt, he was like it's your body, It's your decision. So I made my decision. I go for pre-op March 3 and surgery is March 11.

I was on the verge of screaming when he started this recently. I know he has concerns, but does he think that NOW is a good time for me to start second guessing my decision.

Sorry, I needed to vent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2014, 09:17 PM
Re: Seriously? You tell me this now...

Hi there!

I do understand and I am sure many of us do!

You have gone through a lot and you have come to peace with your decision. Just calmly share this with DH. Men may not get 'this' because you don't hear about many men and their reproductive organs. You are probably hearing him verbalize his fears.

No worries....WE are here. Keep pushing forward.
Unread 02-24-2014, 10:08 PM

Men don't show emotions like women. He is probably getting nervous now as he probably never thought it was Ever going to happen. My husband was like that too. He asked questions about a week before the surgery .He a was a wreck on the day of the surgery. Where as I was calm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2014, 11:18 PM

natg

You may want to refer him to Mister HysterSisters .

There is some great information there. He may be as nervous as you and think that asking now is a way of showing supports.

Unread 02-25-2014, 06:26 AM

You are going to find extremely varying reactions from people. They don't understand and are scared for you.

You will need A LOT of patience during this process.

My suggestion is to let him come to the pre-op visit with the surgeon, let/encourage him to ask questions... it may help him understand the whys and whats will happen.
Unread 02-25-2014, 08:32 AM

Just as we have to process this decision about having our uterus removed, so does our partner. And we are all different people and process things in different ways. Perhaps as your date approaches he finds it is suddenly getting very real. And his nerves are kicking in. Maybe before he was feeling it was no big deal but has come to the realization that yes, it is a big deal. And he is getting scared. Scared for your safely, worried he won't be able to pick up the slack around home well enough, worried about how it may change your relationship. Yes, he is asking these questions a little late in the game... but at least he is asking them. My advice: try to put your frustration aside and listen to him. Discuss all his concerns and ease his mind. As frustrating as it is that he is wanting to do this now, you are blessed that he cares and wants to talk about it. It's sad but many women don't get that.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register