Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007

Unread 07-05-2007, 04:25 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007

Progress report: Had TVH (kept ovaries) Tuesday early afternoon (?) and was in recovery for a while waiting for the magic combination of drugs to come along and make the pain tolerable. Once they did the rest of my stay was pretty good. I was out before noon (I think) yesterday.

Too dopey to post progress yesterday. I feel fantastic today. Just get a little sore when I use the bathroom.

I'm going to see how much of a walk outside I can handle later today.

Did I mention I feel Fantastic?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-05-2007, 06:35 PM

I was scheduled for a TAH/OOP, ended up keeping the cervix. I have about an 8 inch bikini incision that hurts but not to bad. No meds today. I don't know if I'm just extra lucky or it hasn't hit yet but I think I'm over the worst of it.

I'm in east county. Am I allowed to say what hospital I was at? Let's go with the big local G!
Unread 07-05-2007, 06:40 PM

Hello Fellow Princesses!
Day 2 post op and feeling great. LSH was done Jul 3 leaving cervix and both ovaries-removing a part of the right fallopian tube which had a cyst discovered when they were in there. Went into OR at 10:30am and was home and in my own bed by 9:30pm the same night-later than I had hoped for-but I was having nausea and vomiting (only once) from
the anethesia. Bored today-wathcing TV and pay per view movies!!
Biggest complaint is gas pain-other than that-the pain is certainly tolerable-and during the day advil is all I'm taking-with vicodin at bedtime.
Hoping everyone else is having an easy recovery-
and THANK you so much for all your support!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-05-2007, 07:11 PM

Day 3. I have learned something very valuable. Don't crochet on a project when you're still stoned on the side effects of anestesia. I was working on a prayer shawl before surgery to keep myself calm. I continued to work on it after I got home that night, and into the next day. I took a look at my work today.....oh good grief! It's the weirdest looking shawl I've ever seen! I'm going to keep it that way though, and finish it off. It'll be usable as a coach shawl to wrap up in while watching TV, and a good reminder of how lucky I've been to make it through the sickness and onto the road of being healthy again.
I'm continuing to have very strange and frightening dreams, but otherwise pain is at a minimum with the help of vicodine. My bladder was manhandled a bit due to complete adhesian to the uterus, so it is spasaming when I pee, but am told that it will settle down with time.

Love to all!
Unread 07-06-2007, 03:42 AM

Hi all....back at home after my SAH on July 2nd about 1.30pm. Interesting time. Surgeon and Anaesthetist were fantastic. Felt safe and relatively relaxed. Surgery went really well, and the 11cm 380gm cactus is now removed! Found some nasty adhesions from a previous surgery wrapping the bowel.
Back in room at about 16.30 with very good pain cover, morphine PCA, and other oral meds. By midnight didn't need PCA any longer, very drowsy due to other meds as well. Next day got out of bed easily, no nausea, showered, back in bed etc etc. Had visitor no problem chatting... pain controlled with Tramadol and paracetamol. Later that night all went pear shaped. Nurse didn't administer anitemetic with Tramadol, accidentally double dosed me on an non-steroidal antiflammatory and pushed doses too close and next thing I had a reaction. Became very unwell. Luckily managed to throw up a little and not rip any sutures. There was a change in nursing shift so the night nurse had to figure out what was going on.

Next morning I was still really unwell so refused any meds other than paracetamol. A very rough day. IV back up that night.

Appetite returned next day...tweaked the meds a little. Got outa there the next day.

Felt a little rough today, but glad to be back home. Nice comfortable bed and in control of my own meds. Very little needed now, just enough to be comfortable.

Planning to just take it very easy.

Best to all
Unread 07-06-2007, 09:05 AM

Hi everyone. Had my LAVH yesterday, July 5th @ 1230. He was able to keep my remaining ovary, however there was good bit of scar tissue leading to my ureter. States if continue to have pain on right side, then eventually he will have go back in & make a cut to remove it, can't do a lap for that type of surgery. I hope that doesn't happen. In a few days he will get my pathology results back.

I was discharged today at 8am, so ready to leave & to get some sleep in my own bed. I feel I am sill loopey/stoned from the anesthisia, plus from the nurses & techs coming in to take my vitals, I don't think I slept much. The pain isn't too bad, only took 2 oxygontin last night & this morning took just one before I was d/c .

My main problem is a caffiene headache I had yesterday & I still have, inspite of having a coffee at the hosp. I tried to sleep when I got home, but just laying there, so I decided to post instead. Now, I think I am ready to lay down again. Wishing everyone a speedy recovery.
Unread 07-06-2007, 09:14 AM

I'm home as of yesterday, everything went great. TAH and I was able to keep both ovaries, the pain is getting a little much today, I never realized being driven from the hospital home would make me feel like a Mac Truck hit me. So I'm in and out of bed but REALLY glad I got it done, the feeling is so much different! Hope all is well with everyone else. This is the first time I've had the energy to post and already getting too tired. Take care, Kathy
Unread 07-06-2007, 09:38 AM
Gas pains

Hi! I had my LSH on July 3rd and was home on the 4th. Everything seems fine except for the gas pressure I am experiencing on my diaphragm. It is similar to a really bad case of indigestion. Does anyone have a suggestion? Does eating help or hurt it? What about antacids? I really appreciate any advice to help relieve this.

Unread 07-06-2007, 11:51 AM
3 Days Post-OP

TAH on July 3 at 2:30 pm, Finally in my room at 8 pm, came home July 5 , 8 pm. Kept left ovary, right was full of cysts with a large one ready to burst and bleed. Went in for fybroids and heavy bleeding. I had told Danny that I would be suprised if there wasn't something wrong with the right one because it has given me trouble for the last few years. Only one CNA that should never come into contact with patients. First 36 hours were pretty rough with the my veins not liking the pain meds and the gas was horrible. Tried to get out of bed 18 hours after surgery, but couldn't (welcome the CNA insisted I had to when I hadn't had any pain meds in 5 hours. Nurse promptly put her in her place!). Same nurse came back in following morning and was pleased to see I got myself up and walking! It's amazing the differance 24 hours can make.

Today, I'm resting at home and can't wait for Danny to get home so I can shower (don't want to try without him here since I'm still not steady on my feet) Feel pretty good as long as I take the meds every 4 hours. Still on liquid diet for another couple of days.
Unread 07-06-2007, 03:27 PM

Dear katyw, The nurse told me to put heat on the gas pain I was feeling around my rib cage. A problem that might come up--the heat would cause me to cough. I like the gas pains better than the cough pains. Good luck.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register