Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 04-Apr 10,2011 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 04-Apr 10,2011 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 04-Apr 10,2011

Unread 04-04-2011, 04:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 04-Apr 10,2011

If your hysterectomy was between Apr 04-Apr 10,2011 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns instead of including the question in your update! There is information on how to start a new thread in this link: New Here? or you can use this link: Post a New Topic in the Post-Op forum.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

We hope you are recovering well with plenty of rest and water and a bit of walking. Don't forget to pamper the princess!

How to use the Recovery Progress Reports thread:

• 1. This thread is for the purpose of sharing updates on your recovery as you heal from your hysterectomy.

• 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress and to share encouragement with your surgery week Sisters.

• 3. Remember to start a new thread on the Post-Op message board to ask your questions.

• 4. The Progress Report threads will be moved at approximately 8 weeks post-op to the Date Club forum inside the HysterSisters clubhouse.

• 5. Remember all the love and support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in the Pre-Op Hysterectomy Support forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of women helping women!

• 6. You can also share support and experiences with post-op members in all phases of recovery in the Post-Op Hysterectomy Support forum by replying on the new threads they create.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2011, 06:48 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 04-Apr 10,2011

to Post-Op Forum.

I remember coming home from the hospital and thinking what's next on the road to a new and better world. I had so many questions and feelings going through my head. It was great to have a recovery thread for my week of surgery so I could read what others had to say about their recovery.

The purpose of this thread is for you to post your progress and see how the other princesses that had surgery this week are doing. I will be spending time with you on this thread to keep you company and to help you by pointing out other resources.

You most remember inital recovery is 2 to 8 weeks, depending on the type of surgery and full recovery could be up to a year.

I will be checking in daily to see how everyone is doing and to point you to resources to help with your recovery.

Remeber to drink plenty of water, walk and .

I'm happy to be a part of your recovery and the start of your new life.

Unread 04-04-2011, 06:46 PM

So far so good! Hello sisters! I had my surgery this morning @ 7:30am. It took about 2 hours to complete the hysterectomy - removing my left ovary and tube and my cervix. I also had a bladder sling placement. I was in recovery about 2 hours and then to my private room. I did not feel nauseous or sick, just very sleepy. My fiance and my parents were here with me but I kept nodding off and didn't do a lot of talking. I asked for coffee and got some crushed ice first.. kept that down fine and got my coffee. I had numerous cups of ice and water as well. I asked if I could have some crackers or something as I felt very hungry. They helped curb my hunger but my Nurse said I could try a soft food diet if I wanted to. So this evening I had chicken (almost puree'd), mac and cheese, bread, and chocolate pudding.. It was fantastic and didn't bother me at all. They gave me a heating pad for my back, as it hurts more than anything else. I've only used the morphine two or three times. I will be sitting up on the bedside later tonight. Using my pillow for my tummy too. It does help. I think the gas is starting to bother me now.. feeling quite a bit of pressure. I should be released in the morning. I am doing great so far but I certainly need to take it easy and ask for help. Home will be a challenge as we have 18 animals that I will have to keep from jumping on me. Wish me luck on that! I am so glad I found out about this site. It's great to be able to share this with women who understand. I'll update again tomorrow!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2011, 08:20 AM

Hi! I had my TVH on April 4, 2011 - scheduled at 4 pm, but doctor was running behind. Didn't get to surgery until 5:30 pm. The surgery took about 2 hours, and I was back in my private room about 9:30 pm. Lots of pain when I got to the room. I had the PCA with Dilaudid in it. It started working after about 30 minutes, and then I was sleepy most of the night. The stood me up once during the night - that was pretty tough. The cath came out about 8 am, but I couldn't pee. It took two times of emptying my bladder with the foley, and then I was able to go. Got discharged from the hospital yesterday (5th) at about 3 pm. Last night was in and out of sleep - quite a bit of pain. Day 3 today (6th) - very gassy - hopefully that will alleviate soon! Pain is there, but not unbearable. I'll try to update again tomorrow!
Unread 04-06-2011, 08:30 AM

Had my TAH yesterday at 10:30 am. Started out with an allergic reaction to Demerol. The surgery went great she was able to leave both ovaries. The night did not go so great my blood pressure was very low like 77/46 so they couldn't give me anything but an ambien and I woke up 2 hours later. I did not sleep well and have been very uncomfortable. I did finally get up this morning and they just brought me breakfast which all I want is the coffee . So far so good. Can't wait to be in my own bed at home. Good luck to you all
Unread 04-06-2011, 02:25 PM

Hello all, I had my surgery yesterday at 11am and am now home recovering. I always forget the codes but I had my uterus and my right ovary removed and my cervix left in place.

I had an allergic reaction to Dilaudid, they moved me to Demerol which did nothing for the pain and they finally ended up giving me Vicodin in pill form.

They did keep me on the maternity ward as that was where my doctor's other patients were and it is where I had my son 2 years ago so I had no issue with it.

I don't know for sure yet because of all the pain killers but I think the surgery really has improved my lower back pain.

I will update as things progress.

I just wanted to thank the powers that be again for having this site for us. It has been an invaluable resource!
Unread 04-06-2011, 04:50 PM

Hi Gals.

I'm new here. Had a full hyst on Monday - tubes, ovaries and tubes. I went into this with a diagnosis of complex hyplerplaisa with atypia and it got a little more complex than that. Docs found a tumor in my uterus so now I'm recovering from the hyst and trying to deal with finding out what's next. I feel very lucky that you all are here. I need sisters now! I don't have any. Please tell me about yourself and how you're feeling and your experiece. I feel very alone and scared.

Love,
Liz
Unread 04-06-2011, 06:17 PM

Liz, I am sending prayer your way. I too have been very scared through this whole ordeal. It doesn't seem real... Yet. I too had a tumor on my uterus which they have sent off to make sure it want cancerous. I freaked myself out the night before looking at all the bad things that could happen. Now I am lying here in the hospital bed and my stomach sounds like an active volcano. Have you gone home yet?
Unread 04-06-2011, 07:45 PM

I had a hyst on Monday 4/4. I was nervous. I also had a sling put on my bladder. The dr. Performed the surgery with the da Vinci. I don't really have much pain but I am also taking my paid meds as often as I can. My bladder was punctured during the surgery and I had to come home with a catheter. However it will be taken out on Friday. I am tired more than anything. I get up to do the easiest of tasks and become tired very quickly. I seem to be thirsty al of the time and am drinking lots of fluids. I have endo and my dr. was able to leave my ovaries, but removed my uterus and cervix. I Could immediately tell a difference in my pain levels from endo. Those pains are now gone. I just hope that the stool softeners kick in soon. I feel a lot of pressure from the gas. Each day I do feel stronger.
Unread 04-06-2011, 10:45 PM

Hi Jana.
I came home from the hospital today. I was scared to come home - scared to be away from all the people who could help me if I needed help. At first, I was terriefied being home but now I'm glad. More tomorrow. I'm exhausted. Sweet dreams to you, sweetie. Blessings are being sent your way. Take care. Liz

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register