Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 112 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 02-20-2009, 07:01 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Hello Ladies-I can't believe it has been a year (today is my hysterversary). Time has really flown by. It has been a long road to recovery but can honestly say I have never felt better. I hope everyone is now feeling better and back to normal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2009, 07:06 AM

Happy Hysterversary to you dgxr20! It's my one year hysterversary too! I am so happy that I had this surgery done and am enjoying the no periods!
Unread 02-20-2009, 07:42 AM

It's been such a long time since I've checked in with you ladies and.... if you're out there... Happy Hysterversary! I cannot believe a whole year has gone by! I have come through the year well and can say that I feel so much better. Before my surgery i went through several surgeries trying to hold on to my uterus... I was so sick... In retrospect i feel like i gave up a good portion of 5 years of my life to my illness. Now I'm FREE! Blessings to all of you out there,,, I sincerely wish you wellness and enjoyment here on the other side of hysterectomy...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2009, 07:52 AM

Happy Hysterversary to all who are celebrating today. Everything was going great for me until last month. My endometriosis is causing more problems and they are wanting to go back in and take my ovaries now or try me on Lupron. I know there are mixed emotions on the Lupron, but I have decided it is not for me. I am having more tests before they make a decision on th ovaries. I am also battling separated stomach muscles from my triplet pregnancy so the docs are looking at fixing everything at once. Just when you think the surgeries are over...
Unread 02-20-2009, 10:23 AM
Why did I wait so long?!

This last year has not been good, but it would have been better had I had the hysterectomy 20 yrs ago--I am SO glad to be free of monthly double-me-over pain and ruining pants and underwear continuously from the unpredictability of my outrageous periods.

It took me a good 10 months to recover fully, but my godmother is near the end of her prognosis for her stage 4 cancer, after visiting her a month ago I came back to work to get laid off and 4 days later had my 2nd heart attack. Our house buyer walked away too so we're headed into foreclosure unless a new buyer who is interested can get financing.

The hysterectomy being over is a HUGE life off my shoulders, I can't imagine going through this last year dealing with all the pain I'd had before. I SO should have had it done 20 years ago.

To those still having complications, my heart goes out to you (literally!) and hopefully we'll all head to better health from here. To those doing great- -please post so you can inspire the rest of us to show us it WILL get better!
Kim
Unread 02-20-2009, 06:35 PM
Happy Anniversary...

It was my anniversary yesterday...and I had been thinking about it for a while. Everything has been great except the past couple months where I've been noticing an aching in my left ovary which is all that's left. I went to the GP for my one year check up & last pap test..when he checked the ovary I almost jumped off the table it hurt so much..so I'm waiting now for ultrasound dates..

I had my longest hot flash ever today it was over 2-3 minutes.I had to take my shoes off I fan myself in front of my co-workers..LOL..

Where has the time gone, that's what I'd like to know..a year ago I was off work and focused on myself and when I went back to work I got promoted and have been working so hard ever since I can't believe I haven't even posted before now..

Hope everyone is doing well..hang in there to those who are still struggling..
Unread 02-21-2009, 09:31 PM

Yep, one year! My surgery was the best thing I did for myself. My son came out as a drug addict, my daughter was injured on a horse and had knee surgery, my mother and my father are quickly declining in health, my husband's job is tenuous at best - early retirement, but the economy has undermined that hope,.... what a ride! Then daughter ruptured her spleen - ambulance to hospital and when her father and I arrived, a hospital chaplain met us at the door - on a scale of 1 to 5 with 1 best and 5 worst, she was at a 4. We both laughed. Inappropriate, yes, but necessary to cope. I'm still on premarin and never notice it. I have increased antidepresant/anxiety meds but really need it. Also the epilepsy drugs had to be increased. At least the surgery, surprisingly more difficult than I expected, turned out to be a blessing. No periods, no cramps, very few migraines! Also removing tumor from bladder left me able to sneeze and laugh without wetting myself. I thought that was just norma! Life is good! Take care - hrtgo
Unread 02-26-2009, 12:05 PM

Hi All
Happy anniversary week to us all. I had been doing great until yesterday when the pain came back with a vengance. i had been having pain last year and the doc said it was from scar tissue. well they suggested i have surgery but i told them 6 mths after major surgery was too soon for me...today i am in so much pain i would welcome surgery!!! but i won't!
anyway, hope everyone has a great week.
blessings to all
Unread 03-12-2009, 11:11 AM

I got the thread moved back so we can post again--seems the posts had disappeared back to August but they're here now--pheww.
Mew how are you doing? I am feeling better, mostly recovered from the 2nd heart attack and getting ready to move to Gainesville--got accepted for a PhD and so excited for a brand new change.
hrtgo--your year sounds like mine, how are you handling it? I'm using prescriptions for help, but am doing better too.

The surgery was a good thing for me, except for this stupid pouch in front that I didn't have before, but that's the least of my worries right now.
It has taken MUCH longer than anyone warned me , I hope everyone keeps getting better!!
Kim
Unread 03-15-2009, 05:27 PM

Hi everyone, I've been looking for this thread for so long and thought it was no lonber available to us, So I've been keeping in touch on the games thread.

It's so good to read all your posts again, and I'm glad to see everyone doing OK on the whole. Personally I've never felt better, so I guess the experience for me was nothing but positive. My 1 year aniversary came and went without me even thinking about it, I was so busy with the general LIFE things I didn't even notice.

On the 19th Feb I lost my dear labrador "Molly"(from where my log in name came from) to cancer, And there are no words to decribe how much we all miss her. So February went by in a haze of tears and emotion that negated any aniversarys. With that said, now I have the time to reflect on the last 12 months and I can really appreciate the freedom my hist has allowed me to finally have.

Iwill keep watching and reading your posts and reply when I can. It's like meeting up with long lost friends and has been totally uplifting.

Please keep well and best wishes to you all.

Kim (aka "molly")

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register