Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 13 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 02-29-2008, 07:54 AM
Update-Post op

Hi Sisters,

I enjoy reading all your posts! Glad to hear things may be similar to what I am experiencing during recovery. (e.g. lack of sleep)

Feeling good. Although I did not nap yesterday, I still laid awake until 12:30 am. Got up at 7:00 am. I guess the best thing is to just go with the flow the ole' body clock is on.

Experiencing continued numbness around incision, the incision itself looks like it is healing nicely. Slight discomfort, not needing to take the pain rx as often. Motrin (suggested by a nurse) helps with the slight discomfort/swelling.

I decided with the money saved from buying groceries (dear church ladies are bringing meals) I hired a house cleaner to help out temporarily. I am sorry girls, but, I just cannot pass by those dust bunnies and stepping on the crud on the floors.

You all have a blessed day and TAKE IT EASY!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-29-2008, 08:57 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

maybe this is too obvious, but can you cut one in half and take 1-1/2? I had to do that with my blood pressure meds, a whole pill knocked me down to laying on the couch, but 1/2 did the trick. I think the prunes are a good idea, I haven't needed any stool softeners except the one that is in the pill with the iron pill--I became anemic, it happens every 10 years or so and will go away again. I drink a few gulps of prune juice a day and I'm pretty normal with bathrooms activity and very little gas. I take a Gas-x to make sure once in a while.

I'm 9 days post-op and had my followup visit to doc today, she's great. I'm doing great except a weather front moved in a few days ago here in Florida thought brought back my sinus drip which had me coughing every hour last night--what pain! So I'm washed out today from no rest and got a script for decongestant and cough syrup to give my belly a rest.

I had staples that were removed 2 days post-op and steri-strips put on which came off today. I'm amazed how a 46 yr old body can heal that cut so quickly. I feel pretty good "inside" too, except for the strain now put on those muscles from coughing--burning and like a pulled muscle on the right side.

Doc extended my no-driving orders to 2 more weeks (originally could have begun next week), think because of the coughing setting me back. I go back to work April 1 and am glad not to deal with that stress before then.

Enough sitting, gotta go lay down for a few hours. Been walking ok too, actually feels better to walk than to sit. Miss running around playing with my big old dog though. She misses it too.
Kim
Unread 02-29-2008, 08:59 AM

Happy Leap Year Day everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-29-2008, 10:50 AM

Just got back home from Having my 15 staples removed and steri strips applied. I'm been wearing a binder since it was put on at the hospital right after surgery. Now I am to take it off at night and just wear it during the day. After another week, I can just wear it if I want to I love the binder. It really does give support. In another week, I can drive. Back to see my doc in 4 weeks. All is well. On the way home I shopped at Pubix. I used one of those little carts. If I was just getting a couple of things, I would have walked, but wanted to do quite a bit of shopping, so this worked out well. I have no pain and am having a good recovery.
Best wishes to all my sisters.
Unread 02-29-2008, 10:57 AM

Morning all! I've already been out and about this morning! DH took my to the store for a few groceries and out to early vote ( provincial election in AB Canada). This afternoon I'm tagging along with DD to her hair appt. I figure I can sit there as easily as at home! It's great getting out of the house! I'm feeling really good today!!
Unread 02-29-2008, 12:02 PM

Took a shower this morning, fixed my hair and actually put on make up for the first time...Holy hysterectomy, Batman! There's still a pretty girl in there after all. I thought she had gone away. Getting ready to have hubby drive me to the doctor's office to get the staples removed. Will be my first outing out of the house and I'm excited, but for some reason I have this illogical fear that the staple removal is going to hurt. Hopefully I shall be wrong about that!

Today's excitement - I recorded a bunch of episodes of American Idol (which I never watch) over the past week and sat and watched them one after the other and made my own little cheering section (aka recliner) right in front of the TV in my bedroom, complete with shouting out comments. Hubby brought me up a lunch tray with half a small chicken pot pie ..mmmMMmmm. Here at the luxurious day spa, our lunch tray is actually a cookie sheet. *laugh* On the corner of the tray was a white paper heart he had cut out and put 2 thin mint girl scout cookies on top of it. Ain't that the cutest?

Off to see the doctor ... hope there aren't too many potholes in the road. That trip home from the hospital was a bumpy one I shall not soon forget. OUCH! Hope you all have a wonderful day, wherever you are!
Unread 02-29-2008, 12:36 PM

It's so encouraging to hear that all are healing so well. This 46 year old belly is looking pretty good too (except for the extra belly button dimple). I woke feeling a little sick to my stomach but it's afternoon now and I think I'm ready to eat some lunch. Took a nap and I'm feeling much better.
I also experience the numbing around the incision as well as other points and pulls. Doc says not to worry, scar tissue is forming and has no nerve endings not to mention that we had some of our little nerves cut. And as far as cutting pain meds in half.... that's what I do. I usually don't feel that I need to take the whole whopper (not to mention it's blocking qualities) and like the idea of not ingesting massive amounts of that stuff. I cut them in half, in quarters and take what I feel I need. The Motrin is good stuff too, that is where I am headed next.
Actually, I'm headed for a cup of soup
Cheerio!
Unread 02-29-2008, 04:27 PM
Day 10 Post - Op!

Hi ladies,

Hope this progress report finds everyone doing well! Ten days post-op for me, and a week of being home! Two things to be excited about!!

Last night I couldn't believe it but I slept from about 2 AM - 7 AM with only one get up to P break Isn't that GREAT?

My big wins today were:
1) two 45 minute walks outside in the crisp air with all that glorious sun just sucking up the Vitamin D;
2) I baked a banana bread for the three men in my life this morning also, and feel very proud about that. DH got the pans out of the bottom of the stove and I did the rest;
3) I did my hair (washed, dry, styled);
4) I did my MAKE-UP! First time since February 18th;
5) I prepared a nacho dip (with DH's help) for snacking on this evening
6) My girlfriend is coming over in 30 minutes to watch a movie;
7) My steri-strips are still hanging in there I'm sure I will loose them soon?
8) I had a 30 minute snooze this afternoon between walks and I call this a plus because I recognized my body telling me to LIE DOWN!

All in all, its been a great day! I am hoping to get to Winner's tomorrow to look for something else to wear..I'm SICK of the same thing..LOL..perhaps some pretty sox or a comfy T will make me feel better?

I am really looking forward to the week-end because DH will be home...this 12 hour shift stuff stinks and I miss having someone to talk to...

Well, here's hoping post-op day 11 goes nearly as well!

Off to enjoy movie night sisters..

{{{hugs}}}
Unread 02-29-2008, 05:53 PM
Post-OP

I had surgery Tuesday, Febraury 19th. Everything went as planned, there were no surprises. I was very happy when I stumbled across this website. I was feeling alone and wanted to talk with someone that had, had the same experience I just had. I am over joyed that I am having some of the same feelings you all.
Unread 02-29-2008, 05:54 PM

You guys are sounding great out there! Cancer free reports, 45 minute walks, shopping sprees...WOW! Yeah sisters!!

I was woke up this morning by my 9 year old daughter carrying my 7 year old son into the bedroom. He was crying and saying he couldn't walk. He's had a low grade fever off and on for a few days. I sat up quickly..much too quickly...then massaged his legs. He tried to walk again and fell to the ground. My DH had already gone to work (he's a teacher in a portable room and doesn't answer his cell until lunch.) I had a friend coming to help but it just happens that the friend coming on this day also has a disease that would keep her from lifting my son. My daughter gets ready for school and I see her off before realizing that she could've carried my son to the car and into the dr office. (She happens to be a competitive gymnast so she is very strong) My son is only in pain when he tries to walk so it's not like I need to call the paramedics or anything. Finally I call the office at my husband's school and have them send someone out to his room. He comes home and we take my son to the dr. The dr was less than helpful and says he has a virus and it's making his muscles hurt. Give him hot baths, motrin, etc. So that was my first trip out of the house.

A few hours later, I'm sleeping and my husband calls and says the field in between our house and his (and the kid's) school is on fire. He wants me to see if it's close to our house and turn on the sprinklers. I go outside and there are helicoptors flying over, fire trucks all over...don't they know I'm suppose to be recovering from surgery here? LOL!! Thankfully the fire was well under control and never threatened any buildings. Otherwise I definitely wouldn't be joking about it.

My friend calls and asks how my day was and I say exciting. She's like "Oh yeah those trips to the bathroom are getting exciting huh?!" Well, I did put on make up and leave the house for the first time in a week and guess what I'm not in major pain! It has been a great day...in a weird kind of way! Hope you all had a nice, quiet, uneventful day...unless you were out shopping or something fun!

Check back tomorrow!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register