Hysterectomy dates Apr 30-May 07,2007 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 30-May 07,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 30-May 07,2007

Unread 04-30-2007, 12:00 AM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 30-May 07,2007

If your hysterectomy was between Apr 30-May 07,2007 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

Remember all the love & support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in Pre-Op Forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of Women Helping Women!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2007, 04:47 AM
Doing Well

Hi all, came home on Wed evening..almost kept me overnight because hemoglobin had dropped steadily, but it stabilized and home I came. I had TAH-BSO bladder sling. This is my 4th day post op & I'm feeling pretty good. Got swellybelly, passing gas but no bm yet. Not worried though, I didn't have solid food for 4 days prior to surgery because of history of constapation and was trying to make things easier if possible after hys. I took the new MOM capsules and my belly is rumbling this am so this could be the day! Have kept up with pain meds and have been pretty comfortable. Have walked every few hours around the house and have to tinkle often so I think I'm okay with the exercise for now. My body, hips, butt, ribs are sore, did anybody else feel sore all over? Well, that's about it for now. It's hot, hot here in sunny Fla so won't be doing much outside for now until I can get in the water. Best to All our Hyster Sisters.
Unread 05-04-2007, 08:37 AM

Hi Dee....looks like you and I are the only ones here so far. I had my TAH on May 1st and was released yesterday. The doc offered for me to go home a day earlier but I wanted to err on the side of caution. I havent had a bm either....waiting anxiously. I think its the last of the painful things I expect. I too, am really sore all over. I feel like the OR staff took a bat to my body; wow, I didnt expect this! Sleep at night has been fleeting, but at least I have the full cable line up at home. Its raining here in the NorthWest, so its quick walks outside for me.... Looking fwd to hearing all the other Princesses' stories out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2007, 08:40 AM

Oh, I did keep both ovaries, too! I had 2 extra large fibroids that were removed via the abdominal incision. I had 2 other doctors tell me how lucky I was to have had the Dr I did. They said they would have made another incision upon seeing how big theyd grown in order to get them out. 14 staples holding me together now....
Unread 05-04-2007, 09:12 AM

Hi all, glad to see everyone doing well. Had my LSH on Monday morning and was home Monday night. I am pleasantly surprized at how well I feel.
Sassyjane, try not to be too concerned about the bm...drink lots of water and prune juice...does the trick (honey nut bran flakes helped too!)
I know what you guys mean about the bruising...I'd like the license of the truck that hit me...anyway, stay well and rest, rest, rest. My DH said that I've become quite the "Princess", but he does laugh when he says it....:0)
Unread 05-04-2007, 10:49 AM

Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Had my TLH Monday morning (surgery took 4 1/2 hrs)with no complications. My surgeon also excised endo while in there. I was discharged Tuesday afternoon and feel pretty good, although like many of you, I feel like I've been hit by a mack truck as well as having it reverse back over me!! lol

Still waiting on the dreaded BM....praying it happens soon!
Unread 05-04-2007, 04:35 PM
Thrilled to be on this side....

I got home about 2 hours ago from a 5/1 tah, had hoped for lavh, but couldnt happen. had to see the site that was so helpful to me. will write more soon. glad to be back and on the road back to me!
love ya girls!
Unread 05-04-2007, 04:37 PM

Hiya Girls!!! I made it!! Nice to be on the other side. I was not nearly as afraid as I thought I would be. Went in 6:30 am yesterday with a pounding headache, got changes and the docotor got me some good headache going away drugs, YEA! I dont remember a thing after that until waking in recovery yesterday morn about 10:30 m. Stayed in recovery for a long time. N o complications but no rooms avail. Got into a room about 4 pm. The most horrible part of the whole thing was my roomate who was on the nextel every 5 secs with her boyfriend all night long. I complained to 2 nurses but nothing was done. Finally when the girl wanted her boyfriend to come up at 12 midnight I put my foot down. Got zero sleep. I was released about 10 am. Lat night went back and forth between torodol and percs. Was released today with percs and Motrin. Have only taken one today. Really dont feel that bad. I had a lap assisted vag hyster. I only had one ovary to begin with so they gave that one a clean up and left it. Had the hardest time with adhesions according to the Dr. and the worst part was removing the vaginal p[acking. Didnt hurt, it was just gross. Lol. Well naptime for me again. I hope all ladies have such a good outcome!!!!
Thanks for all the help.
Colleen (sorry for rambling and spelling, still groggy I think) ( my poor hubby<)
Unread 05-04-2007, 04:58 PM

post op 4 days for TAH ovaries kept. at home now . passed gas and had BM already. Prune juice helped me a lot. try it.... hope u feel better
Unread 05-04-2007, 05:01 PM
prune juice

post op 4 days and resting at home. had TAH ovaries kept. passed gas and had bm.Prune jusice helped a lot. try it. take care...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register