Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 - Page 57 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Unread 04-16-2008, 04:47 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Hi everyone
Hope all is going okay for you all, and really glad to hear you're feeling on the up, Sweetpea35. Well, I've been having a really up and down week after going back to work on Monday - yesterday was great. I felt really good and energetic, even when I had a very long walk around to the library from the car park as the whole hospital has become one huge construction site, and access keeps getting blocked off where you least expect it! That was yesterday!!

This morning I regret to say that a very restless night where I didn't sleep at all well, I woke up feeling absolutely exhausted, and never made it to work. Felt tired and blah all day, and had a good sleep this afternoon, but still below par tonight. I don't have any pain or anything like that, and the swelly belly and operation site feel okay - just no energy!! Must have been doing too much too soon - I'll hopefully go back for the rest of the week. I did try cooking tonight and made some awful salmon rissoles that fell apart!! I hope to have a reasonably early night tonight - unfortunately I'm a midnight person and love to read late at night! Also will try and iron my clothes for tomorrow too - it's really sad. The black bloater elastic duds are in the wash - but I have another shorter pair that I've been wearing since I came out of hospital as they are so comfortable!!! and I have a terrible feeling all the granny outsize underpants are in the wash too, but I'm sure something comfortable may be lurking in the bottom of the clean clothes basket!!!

Notice a lot of us are going for our 6 week check around now - but then I suppose it is around 6 weeks since we've had our surgery. (My brain is moving a bit slow today, and can't really see the obvious all at once!!). I've got mine next week - it's more the 7 week mark, but my doctor has been on holidays and that was the earliest I could get in. I'm sure everything will be fine - he said I'll still need follow-up pap smears, but I was expecting that after years of cervical dysplasia etc.

Well time to go and find some sort of tent to wear tomorrow - I'm tossing up between rejoining Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig (at least I won't have to worry about cooking that way!), and rejoining the gym when I'm further along the track. Hang in there everyone - it's a bit of a see-saw ride at times, but we'll all get there.

Cheers to everyone.
Ravioli
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2008, 04:54 AM

Daffyquacky..is your boat the one with endometrial cancer or the waiting for another 3 weeks for the internal? If it's the cancer one, I had endo cancer and they believe that they got it all..I'm on the watch list for...5 years? I don't even know how long it is. But I do know that will be having no radiation. I'm scheduled to get checked again in 3 months by the surgeon..maybe even the one who did my surgery! And then I think I can alternate appts with the gyn who is a mile a way instead of the surgeon who is 41 miles away.
My internal yesterday was easy, so if your boat is waiting for another 3 weeks for the internal, then I gotta get off the boat! Joan
Unread 04-16-2008, 07:02 AM
morning

Hello ladies, its sooo early and i feel like i just fell asleep, but of course i think puppy knows that and decides its potty time..fortunately i'm not one who falls right back to sleep..So here i am!! even tho i enjoy being here it could be worse.sleep was ok after watching a movie cartoon Ferngully (go figure) dose off time around 2am, alot more tossing and turning did try laying on my stomach for a second (totally forgot about belly) wow that reality checked my self to roll over quick (call those my flat line moments) alot of those lately, seem to forget my sentence for like 5 minutes....anyone else having memory prolapse?? thats not good especially since thats one of my best features really need that in the mommy department of what i said to do!! Belly is a little ok alot swollen, no gas yet usually thats the worst for me in the morning and i even stopped drinking coffee (my fav) since pre-op. I can say a night with no sweats made me very happy. Still have this bladder pain when i pee..more towards the end hoped that would of went away after post -op anyone have that? I was under the impression the DR did bladder lift now we dont know maybe left over from infection?? Over all not feeling to bad a little cranky-its a no-nonesense day i can tell..already stressing on what i'm gonna wear...i think we should set a day in the future when we can destroy our granny pants-strech-pants-moo-moos ..let me know..well gonna go do i dont know what..i'm sure i'll be back soon. Ravi hunny take the day to yourself, listen to some music, light a candle, have a nice cup of tea, heck we all need too.. lots of hugges and kisses to you all.. Hope everyone is feeling better.

Rachel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2008, 08:53 AM

Hi there- they think they got all the cancer. I won't know my follow up plan for 3 weeks. It is interesting to hear yours. I just haven't met anyone else with this 9 week recovery time and I wonder what that is all about. I called my gyn-onch and didn't get a good answer. I am a very active person normally and this not knowing how much exercise I can do safely is driving me nuts.
Unread 04-16-2008, 09:05 AM

Hi Sweetpea35,
Thanks for your post. ditto on the sleep issues, ditto on the not so sweet peeing experience, ditto on the pants issues.

I too feel pain at the end of peeing. The pain used to be worse and during the whole process. It is improving slowly. I haven't had an infection or repair. I heard they just mess with everything down there and it takes a long time for stuff to go back in place. Cranky muscles? I do a few kegels and it seems to help.

The week after my operation March 3, the Doc told me to now "micromanage my bowels". When I don't eat enough fruit and veg and whole grain I get gas and constipation.

Well hang in there, Sweetpea. I remember Ferngully- my kids would get scared when the big machine came into the Forest!
Unread 04-16-2008, 09:32 AM

Just to let everyone know, had my 5 week post-op yesterday and I am a free woman again. Gave me the okay to go back to my normal routine. I am feeling great. Thanks for all the support.
Unread 04-16-2008, 11:19 AM

Hi everyone,

I just got back from my six-week appointment. It was fun; I burst into tears when my doctor told me that the lining of my vagina is already thinning. I was already upset to find out that he’d taken out my cervix, in addition to everything else. I don’t have a significant other, and I feel that any normal sex life is a thing of the past. I guess regular sexual activity is supposed to help atrophy, but somehow that doesn’t seem like that great of a selling point for potential relationships.

On the upside, I’m released for all activities, so I’m going to go try to run off my stress.

Sorry to be such a downer.

MMM
Unread 04-16-2008, 11:36 AM

Hello fellow HysterSister's! I went for my 6 week check-up yesterday, and I got the all clear!! I feel great!! Those of you are going for the 6 week soon, don't worry about the internal. I felt no pain or discomfort. You have nothing to worry about!! Good luck to you all!! I'll be checking up on all of you to see how everything goes. I hope all of you that are still feeling feel as good as I do soon.
Unread 04-16-2008, 01:02 PM

I, too, just returned from my 6 week check up and I'm cleared for anything and everything! woohoo!! He did tell me that my stitches are still dissolving and pulled one out to show me. The internal was nothing, didn't even feel it. I was hoping for some tightness. lol

I, likewise, hope everyone improves quickly! I'm so glad to feel normal again. YAY!
Unread 04-16-2008, 03:50 PM

Went to my post op today. Everything is good to go. Told me to just take it easy at the gym and if anything didn't feel right to stop. Typical instructions for sex--take it easy, no deep penetration. The exam itself was painless. I had what I'd call "almost cramping" afterward, but that is gone now. No discharge or spotting. Now I just have to wait until Saturday for my husband to get home. He doesn't keep track of details, so he won't remember that I had my appointment. Won't he be surprised!?

I got copies of my surgical and path reports, too. They are pretty cool to read.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register