Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 - Page 58 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Unread 04-16-2008, 03:59 PM
Almost there!

Hey sisters,

I have been absent for several days b/c I am actually feeling human again!! After my four-week all-clear I began the process of ramping up my activities to get back into the swing of things.

Had sex over the weekend, it was a little painful but I am just counting it as losing my virginity again...hehehehe!! I did have a little bright blood but I think that was from the opening and not the vaginal cuff. Nothing was different and was able to achieve O with no problems.

My incision looks GREAT - I highly recommend BioOil. I have very little pain, mostly late day if I do too much. When I am getting ready to go to bed, after I apply the oil, I massage both sides of my incision, stroking upwards, and it seems to help.

I really do feel wonderful. I told a friend today it's almost like it didn't happen. Almost.

I don't seem to be having any problems taking the Premarin, although it's only been a week. I seem to be sleeping better, and was able to lay on my stomach some this morning. I have noticed that my lower back pain is GONE.

Went to the gym yesterday morning and did a whole hour workout, including upper body weights. Next week I'm going to add some leg work and the week after will start working on abs. I have found a yoga class that starts 15 minutes after I get off work and is at my church, only $5 per class. I am going to try to go to that maybe twice a month just to add another dimension to my workout. I have to start getting these few extra pounds off. I start back on Meridia tomorrow.

Ladies, this message board has been a lifesaver for me - along with the laptop in the living room and Webkinz!! I am so happy to have found this place to share everything I went thru with those who did it at the same time. I will check in from time to time but likely will not post too much now that I am feeling pretty normal.

Good luck to all of you, especially those of you who had more complications and additional healing time. My heart goes out to you and my prayers for your healing will continue.

*HUGS* to all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2008, 04:05 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Hi everyone..... I go for my check tomorrow. I see that some of you have been excercising. Does anyone do Jazzercise? If so, has anyone thought about going back to it? I really want to get back to it, but am afraid it may be a while. I am feeling better for the most part. I am walking daily. My only problem right now is that my emotions are all over the board. Today was a cry at the drop of a hat day.

Also, does anyone else ride a motorcycle. I am really wanting to get back on mine.... but, don't know if the surgeon will know whether I can or not, as he doesn't have a clue about riding... lol

I will check in tomorrow after my exam. Hopefully all will go well.

May all those that are healing a bit slower, continue to heal.

Unread 04-16-2008, 04:23 PM

WOW!! Lil Stamper..I am soo impressed with all you do..you've been a great emotional support for the rest of us too, ya know!
Dana..I've not ridden many motorcycles but I think that you really need your core muscles to do that just as I need them for horseback riding. I'm also guessing that those bumps in the pavement could be really ouchy! I'm at exactly 6 weeks today and am not ready to ride. I realized that I still sit quite gently and I still wonder if it's intestinal...ya know..all those "getting regular" quirks and pains.
We're doing great, ladies! Oh ya..and we ARE Great Ladies! Joan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2008, 05:03 PM

I had my 6wk appt today, and am cleared of al restrictions, yippee!! The dr started me on Estradiol(estrace) 1mg daily. He said give it about 3 wks, to see if we need to adjust it or not. I hope it helps the hot flashes & dryness.
I am waiting to get the culture back on my urine to see if I have a bladder infection. Hopfully not, but if not, I hope this problem will go away soon.
I am feeling much better, especially since i saw the dr. To hear him say everything looks okay, took alot of weight off my shoulders.
Now, to try not to over do it
Hope all is well with you all
Thanks
Joani
Unread 04-16-2008, 05:17 PM

Teresa
Glad to hear you are doing well. Tomorrow is my 6 wek check up. I was a little worried about it hurting, but everyone told me that it is not to bad. I am still spotting at times, so I have a funny feeli9ng that the check up will bring the spotting back. As far as sex goes... I am also worried about that. Oh well before we know it we will be loving that we had this done like eveyone tells me. I can not wait till this day comes! Take care and I hope all of you will be doing well soon. I should be going back to work on Friday. Now that the weather is finally getting nice here in Wisconsin! Take care.
sadie1964
Unread 04-16-2008, 07:05 PM

Hello to all ladies of March 3 to the 10. Today is my 6 weeks post-op mark, I'm starting to feel like myself again, no pain anymore just soreness. It's so nice to get back to the outside world, although I have gotten used to being home.
I still have a swellybelly, A few people that don't know about the hyster have asked if I'm pregnant, it's awkward. Do any of you still have swellybelly?

Hope you all are doing great!
Unread 04-16-2008, 08:09 PM

I was 6 wks yesterday. Had my checkup today and it wasn't too bad. Doctor has released me for all activities.... means I go back to work Monday which I'm very nervous about. He said everything seemed to be healing very well, especially the grafting. I feel pretty good except for the daily diahrrea for 4-5 hours every morning! (He said that has nothing to do with the surgery; that 'gynecologically' I am ready to be released, and that I should call my PCP about the diahrrea.) As for the no energy and easily getting exhausted, he told me to take a good multi-vitamin and maybe some extra B6. My tailbone is still so sore that I can't sit for long; he recommended I get a donut cushion. Do I sound like I'm whining? If you worked for my employer, you'd know why. They expect 100% when I get back. No part time or light duty or any special treatment. Oh well, I guess it's time to get back. (Just hope I can make it without needing a bathroom on my hour-fifteen-minute commute!) I really do need to get back into a regimented diet/exercise lifestyle anyway. The scale proved that today! I hope all of you are doing well, and hope we can still keep this thread going for awhile. I feel like I've gotten to know some of you so well... after all, after sharing some of the things we've shared here......... we really do feel like sisters!
Unread 04-17-2008, 05:12 AM

Hello again everyone

Sweatpea I've just read your post and I love the bit about "the flatline moments" and "memory prolapses". That's exactly what I've had today at work, and I'm so thrilled to know I'm "normal"!!! for this stage of recovery.

The boss assured me she had them too after her hysterecomy, and they'd get better eventually, and that HRT had certainly improved things for her in her case!! After passing out yesterday back onto the invalid couch, I got to work okay today - still felt quite tired, but pleasantly so, almost as though I was in "la la land!!" Actually I had a great day forgetting things and even requested an interlibrary book loan from the wrong library. Luckily I realised the error of my ways as soon as I'd sent the email and rectified it.

I remember feeling a bit silly like this when I came back to work after having a couple of days off for a gynae day surgery procedure three years ago - lingering effects of the general anaesthetic I suppose!! Only this time it's almost 6 weeks later - and here was I thinking how good my memory was all those weeks I was at home. But then I was just hanging about and not doing anything!! I can't wait to look back and remember what I will no doubt forget to do or say tomorrow!!

Clothing-wise today I re-discovered a pile of skirts in the back of the cupboard, which are most comfortable, and also a giant pile of grotty "second-best" granny knickers hidden away in a dark spot to tide me over until the thrills of wash-day at the weekend. Old swelly-belly is still there, but I really have no pain/discomfort around the suture line, and I can walk at my normal pace too!! Ah! The joys of returning slowly to the normal world!!

Well - enough of me for now! Hugs and best wishes to everyone, and keep up those posts - I love to read everyone's and find them a wonderful support.

Cheers
Ravioli
Unread 04-17-2008, 06:26 AM

My first three weeks, I was the hysterectomy all-star! No bloating, no pain medication, energy to spare! I was on the treadmill! Ever since I started work, I get swelly belly. By the end of the day I look like I'm about six months pregnant! I'm so tired by quitting time, I'm dizzy! I'm so looking forward to summer & warm weather and getting outside. I know I'll feel so much better. I hope this late term swelling is normal. Is it?
Unread 04-17-2008, 09:08 AM

Mizfish,
I sound just like you, for the first couple of weeks I did great, improved very fast. Dr. said I was ahead of the curve, then I started back at work this week, and guess what, I am swelling too! Your not alone, however I don't know if it's normal, I have my 6 wk po check tomorrow, will let you know what my doc says. good luck to ya

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register