Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Unread 03-13-2008, 11:28 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Hi sisters, day 9 post op yipeee! Feeling pretty good today, way tired of laying around. Talked my sister into going to lunch tomorrow, my first big outing. I am still having slight problems with bleeding...it had stopped for two or three days but last two days with BM I have problems, not sure what that is about. I've decided the reason I want sex is because I was told I can't have it...lol, plus the few weeks leading up to surgery went without because of the problems I was having. (TMI) Oh well what doesn' kill us only makes us stronger, right? Thank you so much for sharing, make it a great day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2008, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsofquestions
Debbie take care. I hope you have a better day soon. Interesting about the migraines. I was wondering if the hyste would make my migraines dissapear, and instead I've had one daily since the surgery. But! I do have a prescription for imatrex tablets and they kick in quickly and within an hour I'm headache free, so can't imagine what this must be like for you. The headache alone makes things so difficult. I wonder if there is something you could get for the spinal migraine (never heard of it).
Thank you very much for your kind post! I am finally headache free, which is the best I can say. I called my doc today because I just honestly think I should be feeling better and she said that due to the complications I had during the surgery my recovery was going to be longer. So should be feeling better in another 2 weeks. How discouraging! I did nothing but cry. I wake up every morning sweating-- Ive never done that before. I just want to feel better, emotionaly and physically. I know Im on my way there, guess its just going to take a little longer. I am so so glad to hear that everyones doing so well!! May everyone continue to heal greatly!
Unread 03-13-2008, 12:35 PM

Good afternoon sisters,
Day 8 post op for me. Today has been great. Finally I am allowed to walk around. I went out and got my hair cut and tried to go to lunch with my children. We ended up getting it to go, but hey the food was great. My swelling from the hematoma is finally going down a little. It still looks like a big blue whale but only hurts in one spot instead of all over. On a great note. I slept through the night for the first time in over 2 years. I did not have to get up and go to the bathroom or wake up drenched in sweat. They took both of my ovaries and I am supposed to start full menopause. Maybe I am just weird and I have really been in it so long that my body is doing the opposite. Well for whatever reason I am happy to report that I finally feel like my old self. I just don't reccomend spicy mexican food this soon after surgery. Jalepenos don't help the bowels too much (tmi). I guess I will wait awhile before eating them again. It is great to read how well the rest of you are doing.
Spagetti does sound kind of good, but I think I will suprise my DH and haave the kids pick it up from Olive Garden. I am not a great cook anyway. LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2008, 02:07 PM

Post-op day 9 for me and today I drove!!! Whoo hoo!! Mind you, it was only a couple blocks to Target and the orthodonist, but hey, it was great if a little weird. Kind of the feeling you have when you've been cooped up with the flu and then finally get out. It was a little challenging at Target - I tried to time it with my orthodonist appt. but I had to limit myself to a hand basket and then only a few light things. Walking from one part of the store to another made me a little dizzy/weak but not bad. It was a relief to get to the orthodontist and recline in the chair! Still, it felt good to feel relatively normal and go out solo.
Unread 03-13-2008, 02:36 PM

Today is day 9 postop. I had my daughter take me by work to pick up something I needed for my online class. It was good to see everyone, but I think I walked & stood too much. I'm very tired and sore now. At least being a staff nurse I didn't have to worry about them thinking I should come back early. No lifting for 6-8 weeks means no staffing for 6-8 weeks, regardless of how I am doing otherwise. I am using mostly ibuprophen, only taking a lorab 5 at bedtime. I was worried about my online class, because sometimes it is hard to think. I'm glad I have it though. It helps with the boredom. Hope everyone is doing at least as well as I am. I am praying for us all.
Unread 03-13-2008, 06:52 PM

Hi everyone,
My hysterectomy was 3/4--it was total, and laparascopic. Physically, I am feeling pretty good and like I'm healing. Emotionally--I'm concerned about surgical menopause and what it means to lose hormonal balance. I don't have a follow-up appt. for a month, and must wait til then to discuss HRT with my doc., whom I think is going to be against it (I'm in a high breast cancer risk group) and totally against bioidentical hormones, which I am interested in trying.

I hope you all are doing well.

Mary
Unread 03-13-2008, 07:06 PM

Day 3 post-op;

I FINALLY had a BM this morning (tmi) and OMG!!!! Did it hurt!!! Anyway everything since has been fine. I'm on Percocet and Motrin. He wants me taking the Mortin 3x/day. Would that be for tissue swelling? It can't be for pain. I'm only taking the Percocet right before bed. Don't really have much pain. Don't hate me.

DR
Unread 03-13-2008, 07:40 PM

Day 10 postop:
Good Evening ,I have not had to take any thing for pain, maybe a Percocet one every other day. I Have Actully Been Doing Really Great, No Problems With BM'S(tmi)Libido is already highten , All though I have had some pressure in my lower adomen when I urinate, I have also been able to sleep on my belly after my 2nd night at home, My DH has been somthing to brag about, he still has been showing great affection toward me, He continully reassure me, of his love and desire for me. I do sometime think(Lord Did I Make The Right Decision) Health wise I know It Was Right. But the stress of knowing are you the one in a million that will be able to have productive life and marriage afterwords? Being a woman of God, The Bible Say To Speak Those Things As Though They Were, So I Speak, Love, Affection, Romance, Understanding in the lives of all my sisters, And just one last word, With God All Things Are Possible, I AM A WITNESS, Of many testimonies of God's Healing Grace, Not Just In My Body, But He Is A Healler, In Other Way's As Well.
Ta Ta For Now.
Minister: Sandra W.
Unread 03-13-2008, 08:03 PM

I had a TVH on 3/5 and I feel better now then I did before sugery. I am recovering pretty well. I am still waiting on the pathology report from my doctor. I am just thinking that no news is good news. My major struggle right now is being so tired. I am using OTC drugs for pain, so I am going to have to blame this on the anemia. I was anemic enough to require a transfusion during sugery - so I think that is why I feel so tired. I am 31 and I kept my ovaries. I am also stuggling with bladder control, but I have made an appointment to get that checked out. I really wish that I would have had the TVH 2 years ago instead of the ablation, I would have been so much better off!!
Unread 03-13-2008, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laakea
Hi everyone,
My hysterectomy was 3/4--it was total, and laparascopic. Physically, I am feeling pretty good and like I'm healing. Emotionally--I'm concerned about surgical menopause and what it means to lose hormonal balance. I don't have a follow-up appt. for a month, and must wait til then to discuss HRT with my doc., whom I think is going to be against it (I'm in a high breast cancer risk group) and totally against bioidentical hormones, which I am interested in trying.

I hope you all are doing well.

Mary

Laakea....we had same prcedure the same day. I am right there with you, concerned about the surgical menopause. I have no symptoms at all so Im waiting for the bottom to fall out. My doc did not discuss HRT much either he said to wait and see how I do. I hope you are doing ok, hang in there. Keep us posted.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register