Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 122 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-10-2008, 10:09 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

I had a great morning. I did not do very much stuff that I needed to do. Then my 9 year old DS came home and said he needed a bathrobe for a school play tomorrow. I went to Target, Walmart, Marshall's, Ross and Bed Bath and Beyond. No bathrobe's. I guess he will have to wear my White one that drags on the floor. I am beat. Every part of my lower body hurts and feels as if it will fall out. A little shopping did me in.

Pam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2008, 12:15 AM

Evening ladies. I am trying to keep myself busy with my knitting instead of refreshing this page every 5 mins.

So today is the begining of week 4 for me, been really good till now. I was in the kitchen packing the top shelf of the dishwasher with glasses and a couple plates and I am in bed hurting and took an extra pain med! What the heck??

I can't believe how this wore me out....

I think I might just move my PT appointment to monday.

OH MY GOSH we had really bad weather tonight and had a tornado touch down on a house just 3 min south from us IN TOWN, a little too close to home for me. UGH....here we go into tornado season.
Unread 04-11-2008, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattyknittykat
Girls, what will I do?? I feel like crying a lot today. I'm so emotional - and I hate crying! I hate being sappy!

I can only take encouragement from some of you who are "soldiering" on.
Oh kathie - hang in there
Two weeks is a long time - stay off your feet - get lots of rest and I bet you will be just fine!! I know I will start to pray that God will bless your healing and give you lots of grace. The main thing for you right now is rest and sleep. Just let your body heal.

You teased me with that donut from Tim's - we really need to educate our dear sisters south of the border on the pleaseures of Tim Hortons.

Take care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2008, 04:55 AM

Do you remember how bad you felt two weeks ago? Now, think about how much better you are now than you were two weeks ago. Two weeks from now you'll be two week's better! Just rest, rest, rest as much as you possibly can. Stay in your jammies, stay in bed, pamper yourself as much as possible. Just think of it as making deposits in your Italy energy account. Every little bit of rest just builds that account up more!

As far as emotions go, have you talked to your dr about HRT? Even just temporary can help.

I'll be praying for you and your recovery. Remember in two weeks you'll be four weeks better than you were a month ago!

God Bless,
Unread 04-11-2008, 06:05 AM

Kathie-
and now from the not politically correct department:

How is it that OLD people tour the world after retirement?
I think the answer lies in moving slowly, taking frequent breaks/rests, and knowing one's limits.
You will go to Italy and have a wonderful time- the weather should be lovely this time of year, not too hot or rainy... and you will tailor your day's sightseeing to your capacity. If you are very tired one day, maybe use it--to rest up in your hotel and spend the day writing postcards or going to theatre.
I KNOW you will be stronger, as we inch along a little better every day.
Please don't get discouraged!

((HUGS))
TC
Unread 04-11-2008, 09:29 AM

Hey Hey it's Fri-Day.

Last night I had a reminder that even at 4 weeks behind me I am still healing. Packed the dishwasher, washed a few pots and had quite a bit of pain and discomfort after.

My heating pad and Ibuprofen came to the rescue. I did cancel my PT appointment today and am laying in bed watching movies today. I am just plain tired.

It's a lovely rainy day, my favorite weather. All I need is some hot cocoa.
Unread 04-11-2008, 09:37 AM

Yeah, someone to pass the day with. I had a bit of a set back this week with the removal of those stitches. Even though I'm in week 4, I feel like I'm back in week 3 again. So most of my time is still reclinced in bed. However, even though I'm still mostly stuck in bed, I get up every morning, do my fiber and meds, shower, get dressed, make the bed, fix my own meals, etc. My mom and I are taking turns dropping off and picking up the kids from school. Dh takes Ds to work and picks him up. So for now things to be fairly quite. I woke up at 0615 this morning but once everyone left around 0645, I fell back to sleep for a couple of hours.

I'm trying to manage without the 800 mg., ibuprofen. Too much is not good on your stomach.

I have my next weekly appointment on Monday but she's planning silver nitrate so even though next week will be postop week 5, I'm thinking I feel like I'm stuck at week 3 or 4. We'll see.

Well, the big plan of the day....crochet another sock to match the one I made last week. :-)

Happy Healing to all.....
Unread 04-11-2008, 10:22 AM

Kathie

Don't be discouraged. You did a lot for one day. Rest does amazing things for us right now. So rest as much as possible before your trip. Think about how you felt a few weeks ago and compare that to now. Yes you might be tired today but that is only because of yesterday. Image what a few more weeks of healing will do for you! I don't think a day out will wipe us out as much as it does now. I'll pray for you....all of us sending prayers you'll be able to run a marathon in Italy!
Unread 04-11-2008, 10:27 AM

I had to break the lawn mower out to shave my legs this morning! It is amazing how tiring shaving can be. Another cold wintery day here in Colorado. I'm looking forward to nice weather so I can take some short walks. I'm afraid when my Dr lifts my exercising restriction I'm going to be so out of shape. I can see me now on the treadmill walking so slow and tired at only 10 min! Oh well I guess I'll have to work my way back up to where I was before. At least now I won't be in pain and have to stop working out...looking at the positive side of things.
Unread 04-11-2008, 10:46 AM

Hi girls
I got up early, showered, dressed, prettied myself up for the tv repairman, and loaded the dishwasher... and I was TIRED just from doing that.

Then I hurt myself by accident, scopping up my Terrier/Chihuahua mix doggy when the repair van pulled in- it hurt immediately, my lower belly started buring and aching.
(My little dog is about 17 pounds, and she is truly an ankle-biter so I have to put her in my room when strangers come in, LOL!)
My energy is just plain low today. I had planned on going to a career fair at my former law school but I am just kind of draggy... and I went last year and it was not all that helpful, they invited District Attorney's office, State Police, and a couple of law firms that were looking for FREE interns. Gee thanks but I need to get PAID for working!

I am thinking I migh try to revew my driver's license this afternoon if the waiting time is not horrible.

I would have to say this recovery time is quite long & slow, and almost comical when I get worn out just from going to a store or from showering.

One day, each day a wee bit better... hanging in there!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register