Upcoming Hysterectomy Nov 15th Enlarged Uterus Bloating Pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming Hysterectomy Nov 15th Enlarged Uterus Bloating Pain Upcoming Hysterectomy Nov 15th Enlarged Uterus Bloating Pain

Unread 11-01-2017, 11:23 AM
Upcoming Hysterectomy Nov 15th Enlarged Uterus Bloating Pain

Hello Everyone!

I didn't know where to turn, and I started searching and found you all! Since last July my body has been doing all kinds of strange things. I started bloating severely, sometimes within hours up to 52 inches around in my waist. I was having bowel issues, from constipation to chronic diarrhea. Wound up in the ER three times, only to be sent home telling me that my bowels were stopped up, but one time to tell me I had suffered a SIGNIFICANT rupture on my left ovary. Fast forward through months of GI testing, colonoscopy, endoscopy, camera endoscopy, MRI's, and CT Scan, and a second opinion OB. My original OB had found fibroids last year and although ovarian and breast cancer run in my family, she argued she found NO NEED to do a HYSTERECTOMY because of my age and blah blah blah. Now almost a year and a half later, my Second opinion OB saw on the GI ordered CT Scan that my uterus is now 5 times its size, I feel and look pregnant most days, I cannot eat, because my intestines are shoved into my stomach. I now feel like it's swollen to the point its sitting on my bladder all the time, and it hurts, the pain hurts. My now NEW OB, has scheduled the hysterectomy for Nov 15th, and although the ultrasound showed no visible tumors, it did show a cyst on my right ovary, and my left ovary was like black all the way around the perimeter with a small white mass of cells in the middle, it didn't look normal. New OB says to me that he's still considering leaving one ovary behind. I'm not sure that's a great idea at this point. I have had ALL the symptoms of ovarian cancer, but he says to me, he's 90% sure he doesn't believe that I do have it. Although I have lactated twice over the course of a year and that my prolactin and thyroid is checking fine, which he indicated would mean there is SOMETHING actively making me produce the extra prolactin. The ironic part is, that even though the ultrasound was done over three weeks ago, they did not POST the written results in my online test write up. Like it's not there, it shows that I had one done, but no DESCRIPTION or measurements were posted of the test, like I have had in previous years. This causes me great concern. I cannot look and make a judgement call on whether I need yet a third opinion with an oncologist. They only found two of the the three fibroids from last year. My periods have always been horrific since I was a teen I chalked it up to PCOS and just ignored it as best I could, I have a high pain tolerance apparently but it's getting to the point the first few days I want to remain bedridden. Now the bleeding is heavy for all the 7 days until it just STOPS... with the clots and everything to boot. I just don't know, I'm petrified, because from what I see and have read so far, I know they're going to find something in there, that they aren't seeing, I've been so sick, nausea, not being able to eat, breathe, I mean seriously....maybe being sick so long has just amped my anxiety. Has anyone experienced all of this mess just for a basic hysterectomy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-01-2017, 07:28 PM
Re: Pre Op: Nov 15th Enlarged Uterus Bloating Pain

Hi MMRomack to HysterSisters!

I am so sorry you have been going through all of this. It sounds as if it has been a long journey. It is so hard to have something growing inside of you and not know. It can be worrying to have all of these symptoms. I know it is very hard to do, but do not get ahead of your diagnosis. Take this one step at a time and one day at a time. You can see a gyn onc if you wish.

I had a TAH BSO for a very large (12x9x11 cm) complex ovarian cyst. I also had numerous fibroids. My CA125 was normal and my OVA1 was elevated. I did have a cancer concern and my surgeon was a gyn onc. All was tested in the OR and all was benign. But, I was so grateful for my gyn onc because if it had gone a different direction, he was the right person to take it to the next level. They are also very skilled surgeons and can handle the larger masses.

Always know that you are not alone in any of this. We are here for you, and will be by your side throughout this process.

Unread 11-02-2017, 11:46 AM
Re: Upcoming Hysterectomy Nov 15th Enlarged Uterus Bloating Pain

(((MMRomack))) It does sound like you've been through a lot with all of this. Even though your gyn is correct that the odds are on your side this is all due to perfectly benign (albeit ones that need resolved!) issues, there is that chance that it's not. Has your gyn mentioned getting a gynecological oncologist consult? They are the experts if gyn cancer is suspected and/or diagnosed, and they are also very skilled surgeons who'd be able to handle anything that might present itself during surgery. This might also save the possibility of multiple procedures in the event there is something more at work here. Also, has your doc ordered any of the ovarian cancer marker labs? Even though they cannot be used to definitively rule OVCA in or out, they can be taken into consideration with other factors to help guide treatment decisions.

If this does turn out to be something cancer related, we do have a Cancer Concerns forum you're welcome to check out, if you'd like. There's loads of information and ladies who've been there/done that. For now, please try not to worry so very much but also don't hesitate to advocate for yourself. We're glad you found us!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register