I got my date wrong - so now I'm thinking of chickening out ! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I got my date wrong - so now I'm thinking of chickening out ! I got my date wrong - so now I'm thinking of chickening out !

Unread 01-26-2008, 09:27 AM
I got my date wrong - so now I'm thinking of chickening out !

I have NO idea how I could get such an important date wrong, but I thought my surgery was March 20th and its not - its FEB 20th ! About 3 wks away. I've already given my boss the March 20th date. I feel utterly STUPID !!! And now that its so much closer than I thought I'm actually thinking of postponing until March 27th which would be during Spring break so hubby could be home pampering the new Princess longer !

On the other hand - I have this ucky scary feeling about cancer, so I want this over with sooner rather than later.

So far postponing is winning ..... my fear is that I'll find another excuse to postpone again.

I currently have my period - I thought it was the 2nd to last one but with the correct date this should be my last (unless I do a midcycle thing which wouldn't surprise me). And I have to say - this is the most normal period I've had in months. The cramps aren't as bad, the bleeding is normal - no flooding .... so its gotten me thinking I'm being stupid and selfish having this surgery at all.

Oh my - I'm rambling. My poor brain. The fact that I quit smoking 2 days ago isn't helping any either, I'm sure.

Thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2008, 10:48 AM

JoAnnDe: ((hug))
I think it's maybe better your date is sooner than later.
At least it would be for me, I would have had found every excuse in the book to cancel the surgery.
As you will see I believe almost all of us have felt like you have and wanted to cancel, or run.
There was one week where I felt good with pain ect...
Then I was convincing myself the it's only the pre cancer, and what are the odds? Well, just as I was thinking of maybe holding off, everything was back. The good Lord was showing me get this done.
I have NO regrets, I didn't have to much time to think about mine either and that was good for me.
You will be so happy to have it all over and done with.
honest you will.
Just tell your boss, that your recieved a phone call and your surgery was moved up. Blame it on your Dr ! lol
Good job on the quitting smoking. I am 6 mo out for that.
I never craved until I was waiting for my surgery,. I am glad I didn't give in. You will do wonderful too. ((hugs))
I am two weeks post op of a VH and doing awesome.
I see my DR Monday, for two week post op.
Going to see if I can go back to work soon. Getting bored at home. I am sick of cleaning ect....
Prayers for you ....
L
Unread 01-26-2008, 12:41 PM

Hi "L" QueenBee - thanks for the response. I was thinking of doing exactly as you suggested -- telling my boss that my surgery had to be moved up so the new date is Feb 20.
I wish this menstural cycle was one of the worst, instead of one of the best in a long time - that would really help me !!! I should be thankful that I'm finally not in terrible pain and confined to the bathroom half the day -- so ungrateful LOL.
Its good to hear that you're doing great so soon after your VH -- keep me posted on your appt Monday; I'd be interested to see when your doc says you're ready to go back to work.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2008, 12:54 PM
I understand!

I totally understand about your period. As soon as my date was set---I started my period and it was the BEST I've had in YEARS--so I was thinking it was a sign...maybe I should cancel and that things should be fine---maybe I AM being selfish and crazy.......
But, what if IDID cancel and the NEXT period is worse than ever--than I have to do all the waiting and everything all over again!
So... my decision is to take a deep breath and move forward.
Best of luck in your decision--I've read all over these boards that the waiting is the hard part--so hang in there---you'll be on the other side in no time!!
Unread 01-26-2008, 12:59 PM

OMG Dark Choccraz - I thought I was nuts for feeling selfish (and crazy !).

It would be nice to do this over spring break so that hubby would be around more .... on the other hand, it might be nice to have so much "me time" without him even if I am in pain and unable to do very much. If things got really bad I could call my sister to come sit with me during the day for a bit here and there.

Ok - I'm starting to feel stronger. More scared because its closer than I think but a little stronger ....
Unread 01-26-2008, 02:13 PM

I think we will go back and forth between strength and anxiety--I am trying to visit these boards often and concentrate on the positive threads!! We can do this!!
Hey---if you do this on Feb. 20, you will be just a few days ahead of me--so we will be on the post-op boards together!!
Unread 01-26-2008, 02:31 PM

You're right about that ! Maybe I'll even be well enough to post back before you go in --- that's what being a HysterSister is all about, right ?
Unread 01-26-2008, 02:50 PM

Just think of it this way- if you do it on Feb 20th, you'll be well on your way to recovery by March 20th!!
Unread 01-26-2008, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzygal72
Just think of it this way- if you do it on Feb 20th, you'll be well on your way to recovery by March 20th!!
yep - that's crossed my mind more than once My husbands birthday is March 19th, so it was going to be absolutely NO fun at all for him and probably just horrible with worry. At least with the Feb 20 date we'll be able to celebrate his birthday .... and I won't have to worry about pain and bleeding causing another set of ruined plans.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register