Scheduled LAVH Nervous! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-03-2011, 06:01 AM
Nervous!

(no date set, waiting on hospital scheduling to call)
I will be having a lavh, in two or three weeks.. I am a nervous wreck. I am relieved to be having the surgery, but am a natural worry wart,so I am anxious about the house work etc.

I am also concerned about all this"gas" you ladies have talked about. I have ibs, and already struggle, and have to bear down to pass gas already.

I hope this isn't tmi.. But I have found great comfort on this site, and I am sure, it will help me through my recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2011, 06:14 AM
Re: Nervous!

Hi Passionshooter,

I'm interested to hear what the other sisters with IBS have to say about their experiences with gas/constipation. I have IBS as well and am having a LSH 4/13. I have been naively hoping that the gas pains won't be too much worse than the usual IBS pains so I'll be well prepared. But perhaps that's just wishful thinking...

Take care,
Muscari
Unread 04-03-2011, 08:16 AM

Hey ladies, I have mild ibs and had my lsh/bso on 3/22. The gas pain can be painful, but gas x and prunes are a big help. Also the usual lots of water, not a lot of dairy helps too. So far, I've only had a few times the gas pain has been unusually bad. The biggest thing for me has been allowing myself to relax and let it go, don't try to hold it in! Lol. My parents and I actually celebrated when I'd Burp of fart. Lol. This is one of the few times in life that passing gas is something to celebrate!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2011, 08:18 AM

Hi sisters, I had my TAH on 29th. Spent weeks worried and being obsessed. I have bouts with IBS. For me the post op gas was not as big of a deal as I thought. Yes it was there, but I recognized what it was...even when it got up in my shoulders. You will be ok. It really isn't any worse or even as bad as what you deal with now. everything will be fine. The hardest part is waiting. Good luck! It will be ok.
Unread 04-03-2011, 01:04 PM

I realize this isn't the gas that you're worried about but I never did have any shoulder pains from gas so it must not happen for everyone

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register